Searching the perfect Vitamin K2 product and dosage ? U are welcome

Mrinfinityx

Mrinfinityx

Kraken

Coming from a serious brand, i checked their website and the product ratings all over the web to be sure to not dump my money into a scam

Quoted for lazy ones : "However, compared to 5 mg/day, there was no additional benefit of 45 mg/day (%ucOC 4.6; p = NS vs. 5-mg dose). MK-4 supplementation resulted in borderline increases in γ-carboxylated osteocalcin (glaOC; p = 0.07). There were no major side effects of MK-4 supplementation. In postmenopausal women with osteoporotic fractures, supplementation with either 5 or 45 mg/day of MK-4 reduces ucOC to concentrations typical of healthy, pre-menopausal women."

So it seems that Vitamin K2 MK4 has a biphasic dose response profile on physiology (like Red Light Therapy, cyanide, etc) where low doses do barely nothing in physiological response's aspect, a dose treshold maximizes the benefit response, but higher doses after a this dosage's treshold slow down the benefit's efficiency response to the point where the benefit's response becomes linear meaning than any substential increase will not growth the physiological response at all (or even the benefit reducing and becoming a malus for high dosages of more sensitive biochemicals substances or processes)

Quoted : " ... Vitamin K1 is reported to have an absorption rate of only 5-15% due to strong binding to the membranes of plant chloroplasts, thus hampering its bioavailability [11,21,25]. Some subtypes of vitamin K2, like MK-4, are absorbed poorly (10%) [26], whereas MK-7, -8, and -9 are absorbed nearly completely [27]. Another important factor influencing absorption is the food matrix, i.e., fat content of food that increases the absorption of vitamin K1 [28]. ... "

Due to the poor absorption of MK4 compared to MK7 even in fatty environment i recommend to take 1 to 2 pills a day to be sure than ur serum concentration is legitimately close to the dosage

(For more details on Hormesis called also Biphasic or Triphasic dose response in current language depending on parameters involved : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis)

(For the curious ones in Red Light Therapy similarity : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2790317/ )

39 yo :

3F19F1CE 0731 4867 8B0B BFAC5A260227

49 yo :

98E87FBA 7DA2 484D 9C3D 934A6B623AEC

I also add in bonus a old Lady on RayPeat forum with a comparison between her 39 to 49 yo journey with a background of non optimal bone metabolism where she quoted taking a maximum dosage of 5 mg of MK4, u can see by urself (excluding any major weight gain parameter than she denied) than she didnt lose any bone mass in facial morphology aspect but even becomed more fuller and wider at 49 than 39

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: rooman, thereallegend, horizon and 2 others
I've been using a supplement that only has 1mg of MK-4.

I'll switch to this one. Thanks man.

• +1
Reactions: Mrinfinityx
I've been using 180 mcg of K2-7 daily

• +1
I've been using a supplement that only has 1mg of MK-4.

I'll switch to this one. Thanks man.
I had also one that contained 1 mg of MK4 :

A good one but the expansion of MK4 from 1 mg to 5 mg with practically 0 difference on the cost and on MK7 aspect is very worth

• +1
Reactions: horizon
15mg minimum or rope

• +1
Reactions: rooman, Dystopian and Mrinfinityx
Won’t do shit for ur looks but still a good supplement nonetheless. Watch out with megadoses though, the blood clotting it causes is real. Few times I took like 25mg and woke up with bad headache and weird feeling in my chest.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Aero and Mrinfinityx
15mg minimum or rope
Studies proove than past 5 mg in serum dose the efficiency for the increased doses is barely meaningless, do u want to spend an extra 50 dollars for the same vitamin for just an increase of 10% in physiological response when u can spend this in another synergy supplements or other things ?

Last edited:
Won’t do shit for ur looks but still a good supplement nonetheless. Watch out with megadoses though, the blood clotting it causes is real. Few times I took like 25mcg and woke up with bad headache and weird feeling in my chest.
I mean in the long run i will not experience major bone resorption with aging in the maxilla and eye areas and these are the major factors of aging related signs

And it is a pretty serious lifefuel than only few people like this forum take in consideration for their wellness

In MK4 clearly but sad than the MK7 is not there too
I thought mk4 was the one for better bone structure, can’t remember why though. Read that somewhere on .net. But that was in my supplement coping phase.

• +1
Reactions: rooman and Mrinfinityx
I thought mk4 was the one for better bone structure, can’t remember why though. Read that somewhere on .net. But that was in my supplement coping phase.
Not really a cope, it a clear factor in osteocalcin activity so u win the aging battle in one strong aspect and even improve ur actual bone mass potentiel to the max
Add chewing on resistances, NIR light during enough time, Vitamin D 5000-6000 UI, Boron 3 mg, Collagen type 1 & 3 15-30 mg, Glycin 15 mg, moderate exercices stimulating the bone matrice, and u are set for not losing height and facial bone mass during aging

• +1
Reactions: rooman
Not really a cope, it a clear factor in osteocalcin activity so u win the aging battle in one strong aspect and even improve ur actual bone mass potentiel to the max
Add chewing on resistances, NIR light during enough time, Vitamin D 5000-6000 UI, Boron 3 mg, Collagen type 1 & 3 15-30 mg, Glycin 15 mg, moderate exercices stimulating the bone matrice, and u are set for not losing height and facial bone mass during aging
I’m sorry bro but most of that stuff won’t make a significant change. Best thing u can do I think is living a low stress life, eating healthy (dairy, organ meats, fruits and other carbs) and avoiding PUFAs. I do take some supplements aswell but will it have a significant impact on my looks? Probably not.

But most important thing with this stuff is when u have a problem that can be fixed by surgery but u start coping with stuff like mewing or taking supps and u just waste ur time untill i finally accept surgery is the only and best option.

It’s what I did with my recessed jaw. I started coping with mewing, k2 etc and then realized I just need surgery. I know I’m getting offtopic here but this is important for alot of ppl in the looksmaxxing community that are still in the coping phase, you are just wasting your time meanwhile u could start consulting surgeons and get that high psl face at 20 instead of 25.

Sorry for this rant bro, im bored in bed after my surgery on some tramadol I got from the general practicioner after larping I had pain.

• +1
DB07ABB1 7DAB 4ACC AA5D 7807233E68EB

• +1
I’m sorry bro but most of that stuff won’t make a significant change. Best thing u can do I think is living a low stress life, eating healthy (dairy, organ meats, fruits and other carbs) and avoiding PUFAs. I do take some supplements aswell but will it have a significant impact on my looks? Probably not.

But most important thing with this stuff is when u have a problem that can be fixed by surgery but u start coping with stuff like mewing or taking supps and u just waste ur time untill i finally accept surgery is the only and best option.

It’s what I did with my recessed jaw. I started coping with mewing, k2 etc and then realized I just need surgery. I know I’m getting offtopic here but this is important for alot of ppl in the looksmaxxing community that are still in the coping phase, you are just wasting your time meanwhile u could start consulting surgeons and get that high psl face at 20 instead of 25.

Sorry for this rant bro, im bored in bed after my surgery on some tramadol I got from the general practicioner after larping I had pain.
I planned a surgery for my chin too, i just need a projected one to cope the mirror in dignity

• +1
In MK4 clearly but sad than the MK7 is not there too
Menaquinone-7 (MK7) is converted to MK4 in the blood, so it doesn't matter, MK4 is less risky.

• +1
Reactions: rooman
prowise mogs

Confused why people harp about mk4 vs mk7. Mk4 is cheaper product, poorly absorbed, have to take more, doesn't last as long.

Countries with the tallest people like Netherlands eat lots of dairy and cheese which are high in mk7 ,8,9,10

asian countries eat a lot of fermented foods high in mk7 which explains their crazy wide bone growth.

Why are people shilling mk4?

• +1
Well, I came back to this thread so I could read it (I hadn't read it the other day).

So, do you think that using this supplement and synthesizing Vitamin D from the sun & food (even more bio-availability) together with a good oral/body posture can correctly guide my growth and bone development?

I don't know if I can really get any improvement, but I'm sure having good bone metabolism and not having inhibitors like mouth-breathing can be very good guides for a 15-year-old.

Update me. What’s your reasoning behind this? Did you find a good source?