Short crypto and stonks you stupid fucks

SecularIslamist

SecularIslamist

Islamist jihadi and intersectional feminist
Especially altcoins. I've been in this shit since 2016. I'm not saying it because I sold some coins and I would've been a millionaire by now, I'm saying it's mathematically impossible.

BTC is already worth 1.1 trillion. Only 7 companies are worth more than it (Amazon, Apple, Nvidia, Microsoft etc). JFL if you think this vaporware bullshit technology which has no real world application on mass scale (and potential isn't that big anyway) is going to continue.

If bitcoin was a country it would literally be the 14th richest. As rich as the entire economy of South Korea.

If not short, than sell.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii, murdah, 5'7 zoomer and 1 other person
Don't listen to this guy. Shorting crypto is foolish. Even unlevered, you can lose everything if price 2x's from here. Why would you short or think you can predict market outcomes.

• +1
Reactions: AngryShortMale, Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 51465 and 5 others
BTC is already worth 1.1 trillion. Only 7 companies are worth more than it (Amazon, Apple, Nvidia, Microsoft etc). JFL if you think this vaporware bullshit technology which has no real world application on mass scale (and potential isn't that big anyway) is going to continue.

Seriously? Aren't you tired of this bullshit by now? BTC has been around for almost 15 years now, it's gone from 1 cent to $55,000 and being offered as an ETF by institutions worldwide. Please open your eyes.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: scrunchables, murdah, 5'7 zoomer and 2 others
Seriously? Aren't you tired of this bullshit by now? BTC has been around for almost 15 years now, it's gone from 1 cent to $55,000 and being offered as an ETF by institutions worldwide. Please open your eyes.
That's not even an argument. Saying something has gone from 1cent to 55k is a reason NOT to get in jfl. The compound growth is unsustainable.

• JFL
Reactions: ascension
That's not even an argument. Saying something has gone from 1cent to 55k is a reason NOT to get in jfl. The compound growth is unsustainable.
It's not unsustainable. You're just trying to call the top of a bubble. You don't know shit.

It's not unsustainable. You're just trying to call the top of a bubble. You don't know shit.
Calling the top is a blind man's game I get that. But you can't have the same compound growth ofc and we're not. It's already exceeded it's market potential and the question isn't one of if but when.

Calling the top is a blind man's game I get that. But you can't have the same compound growth ofc and we're not. It's already exceeded it's market potential and the question isn't one of if but when.
How do you know it has exceeded it's market potential? No one knows that. Price could go anywhere.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465, scrunchables, 5'7 zoomer and 1 other person
How do you know it has exceeded it's market potential? No one knows that. Price could go anywhere.
How do you measure it's worth or make sense of it? I just compared it to some of the biggest countries and companies in the world. Actually entire crypto value is almost equal to value of Germany. JFL!!!

Remember this is a supposed "investment" for a technology (aka "Blockchain"). Unless you see it as 'digital gold'.

Things don't just keep going up and up. If you have any idea how compound growth works you'd be crazy to think 'price' could go anywhere.

Don't listen to this guy. Shorting crypto is foolish. Even unlevered, you can lose everything if price 2x's from here. Why would you short or think you can predict market outcomes.
Just take a look at the charts in late 2017 and see those alts and where they are now JFL. Some don't exist. Many are still 1/100th or 1/10th of their ath price.

Just take a look at the charts in late 2017 and see those alts and where they are now JFL. Some don't exist. Many are still 1/100th or 1/10th of their ath price.
Yeah there's a lot of shitcoins that failed and won't come back

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables and eduardkoopman
How do you measure it's worth or make sense of it? I just compared it to some of the biggest countries and companies in the world. Actually entire crypto value is almost equal to value of Germany. JFL!!!

Remember this is a supposed "investment" for a technology (aka "Blockchain"). Unless you see it as 'digital gold'.

Things don't just keep going up and up. If you have any idea how compound growth works you'd be crazy to think 'price' could go anywhere.
Because price action has nothing to do with fundamentals. Explain the current COCOA rally.

If anyone could predict markets with 100% accuracy, they'd be a trillionaire. The markets are unpredictable and some markets can trend in a huge way at a point in time. That's just the nature of the markets.

Because price action has nothing to do with fundamentals. Explain the current COCOA rally.

If anyone could predict markets with 100% accuracy, they'd be a trillionaire. The markets are unpredictable and some markets can trend in a huge way at a point in time. That's just the nature of the markets.
Blockchain tech or any "crypto fundamentals" aren't dictating the price action

I'm not making day to day predictions. Markets are irrational and this is irrational exuberance characteristic of 1929, 1990s tech bubble and the mother of all bubbles: Japan. Actually it's fucking tulips at this point. Remember when the bubble burst there's no coming back. Japan still hasn't recovered. People were blown out in 1929 and NASDAQ didn't recover from 1990s til 2013 - after 99% of companies had failed.

Blockchain tech or any "crypto fundamentals" aren't dictating the price action
What is? Just greed? That doesn't help your case.

Stocks, gold and countries don't see 5-10% yearly growth (never mind daily) and the value of bitcoin is on par with these.

Last edited:
I'm not making day to day predictions. Markets are irrational and this is irrational exuberance characteristic of 1929, 1990s tech bubble and the mother of all bubbles: Japan. Actually it's fucking tulips at this point. Remember when the bubble burst there's no coming back. Japan still hasn't recovered. People were blown out in 1929 and NASDAQ didn't recover from 1990s til 2013 - after 99% of companies had failed.

What is? Just greed? That doesn't help your case.
I don't know what to say to you; price movements are just the subversion of the collective buying/selling of everyone involved in a market. Bigger institutions with more money end up making money and taking a lot of retail traders' money too, because retail traders over leverage themselves and experience more ruin. But even big money cannot move a market or make it go parabolic.

I guess it's collective speculation. Everyone tries to make money, the market moves reflect human behaviour. But no one can control the markets, and fundamentals do not determine price trends as much as you'd wish to believe.

Stocks, gold and countries don't see 5-10% yearly growth (never mind daily) and the value of bitcoin is on par with these.
There is the concept of: adoption.
Makeing it, that something new can outperform established assets.

And some people. Believe bitcoin and crypto. Will get adopted more and more and more, and in different ways. Causing above average returns.

Like how for example, the value of "the Internet" (online based companies) went up alot for decades. As more and more people start using the Internet, and "the internet" getting better and better through innovations

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Seth Walsh
Crypto is around 3tn right?

What's value of all gold held as assets (ie not gold held by Nvidia to lace their chips)?

What about privately held art?

Those can be a decent benchmark, on asset fundamentals (not true fundamentals) I can see crypto being worth 50-70% of gold, whatever the number is, Long term.

There is the concept of: adoption.
Makeing it, that something new can outperform established assets.

And some people. Believe bitcoin and crypto. Will get adopted more and more and more, and in different ways. Causing above average returns.

Like how for example, the value of "the Internet" (online based companies) went up alot for decades. As more and more people start using the Internet, and "the internet" getting better and better through innovations
Many people who aren't independently wealthy also see it as a way to get rich quick and invest in it with the belief they'll get rich. Crypto is also marketed everywhere. A lot of people are "adopting" it for no other reason than to escape their wageslave lives. Hoping for hyperinflation or some macro event that'll make Bitcoin worth more in USD terms.

I think a lot of smart people are speculating that politics and the election cycle will play into increased demand for Bitcoin. The people are sold on the "get rich - financial freedom" narrative more than what the underlying technology can do.

It's down to demand at the end of the day.

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables and eduardkoopman

What's value of all gold held as assets (ie not gold held by Nvidia to lace their chips)?

Those can be a decent benchmark, on asset fundamentals (not true fundamentals) I can see crypto being worth 50-70% of gold, whatever the number is, Long term.
Gold is 14 trillion marketcap atm

Then I believe I'm next 4 years, ie when economy is at next inflexion (d'y/d'x =0) that crypto can be 5tn no sweat
It's currently 2.25 trillion market cap, the cryptocurrencies. According to coingecko. And bitcoin like being half of the total market cap.

bitcoin 62k already. enjoy losing money, shithead. lol at still not understanding the purpose and use cases for bitcoin. it is the only rational hedge against inflation that still works in 2024. everything else is completely under the control of banks and governments

Well OP? SOL up 20% since yesterday.

That's the danger of saying anything is "too high". Nobody knows

Especially altcoins. I've been in this shit since 2016. I'm not saying it because I sold some coins and I would've been a millionaire by now, I'm saying it's mathematically impossible.

If bitcoin was a country it would literally be the 14th richest. As rich as the entire economy of South Korea.

If not short, than sell.
how much credit you need to short?

didnt read

put in low 4 digits and paid out 5 digits

ez money for my surgeries

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman

Gold is 12 trillion. People will keep shifting benchmark to justify prices. Happens all the time. Tesla was supposedly a tech company at ath not a car company.

Well OP? SOL up 20% since yesterday.

That's the danger of saying anything is "too high". Nobody knows
Let's see how well this ages... JFL thinking my post is about day to day. I fucking Guarantee you 90% of the shit you see in top 10 market cap today either won't be here

In fact nearly of those alts hose which teacher their 2018 ath are still nowhere near there highs - even those which still are in top 100 (e.g. Ripple, Stellar, NEO). I've been in the space since 2016, yeah I missed out on potentially $1 million+ but I've seen nearly every coin die after they've gone 100x.

how much credit you need to short?
Bruh don't bother with that lira - that shits more useless than shitcoin. Get wagecucking.

there's huge improvement

nah nigga i mean to get the loan to short
depends how much money you put up yourself.
some pleaces offer 10x, or even 40x leverage. Some even 150x oros. But high leverage, one needs insane skill, or incane luck, to pull that off well

If not short, than sell.
bhahah look now buddy

It's only been a week. BTC usually spends years under it's ATH
we all wrong some times.
just admit to it when wrong, and stay humble always.

I mean, at this moment. Bitcoin is up 20% since the suggestion to sell/short it. Which would had wrecked shorts, and made sellers miss out on 20% gains, which is like alot more than the yearly gains of an stock et/index investor

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
Btc is too big to fail, to try to fight the current of actual billionaires is stupid, our entire economy is too big to fail

we all wrong some times.
just admit to it when wrong, and stay humble always.

I mean, at this moment. Bitcoin is up 20% since the suggestion to sell/short it. Which would had wrecked shorts, and made sellers miss out on 20% gains, which is like alot more than the yearly gains of an stock et/index investor
COuldve atleast recccomended after the halving bubble