Short study about FRAME and DELTOID INSERTIONS

Blackpilled1027

Blackpilled1027

Master
THIS thread is not really right-writed, i'm not studying medecine, i'm just talking about the frame like a pure novice, if you wanna recreate this thread and add more information, go ahead idc.

Today I wanna discuss about the deltoid insertion and its relation to the frame and why scapula is as (and maybe more) important than clavicle when it comes to FRAME.

When its comes to deltoids, as every gymcell knows, there is 3 part :

1) the front delt (also called anterior)
2) the side delt (also called middle)
3) the rear delt (also called posterior)

1- The front delt is attached to the clavicle and goes all the way to the humerus :

2- The side delt is attached to the acromion and goes all the way to the humerus :
View attachment 2810445View attachment 2810447

3- The rear delt is attached to the spine of the scapula and go on the humerus again

Now, when it comes to frame, I really believe there is 3 majors bones that play a big impact on looking wider.

The first one is to have a wide scapula spine, because if the spine of the scapula grow, then you will get this more "broaded" looks and because the spine is actually the area where the mid delt and the rear delt insert, if this area grow then your delt will be more rounded looking.

But this is not enough to get a big frame, with this, you will only be "rounded" framed but you'll still be frameceled.

At this point, you are V-shaped but not T-shaped and to be T-shaped you have to widden the space between your back and your arms :

You'll get more wider lats and all the tendons of the 3 parts of the deltoid will be more stretched which will result in a longer and nicer looking insertion :

Also, don't forget that the hips and the waist help to give this T-shaped illusion.

And finally the last thing which framed your width is the clavicle of course, because this will create a longer upper chest and front delt insertion because the up chest and the front delt are attached to the clavicle. So if you grow your clavicule then the space between the upperchest and the front delt will expand to create a more aesthetic look :

Here are the growth plates for thoses who are wondering (must be more, I just can't find any other picture on internet) :

Anyway, i'm done with this shit for today, ofcourse there's so much more to say about frame, for example the clavicle shape is different from male to female.
As I said again, if you wanna recreate this thread, do it and don't forget to tag me so we can better understand how frame works.

Attachments

• 1710961232798.png
    1710961232798.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lookologist003, Dimitri159, Ryldoo IS COPING and 4 others
David laid is a good example of someone with good scapula spine length but narrow scapula length

As you can see, he has a good rounded shoulder but he doesn't really look wide from the back as this guy does :

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Lookologist003 and datboijj
@MaestheticMaso

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
Whats better straight or upturned clavicles assuming both are same length? Obviously downturned is shit

Whats better straight or upturned clavicles assuming both are same length? Obviously downturned is shit
To be honest it's hard to say

If you look at this, upturned clavicles seems better because it allow more separation between the front delt and the upper chest.
But a straighter clavicle seems to give length, so to be honest I don't know.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Lookologist003 and arabcelxxx
I
To be honest it's hard to say
View attachment 2810559

If you look at this, upturned clavicles seems better because it allow more separation between the front delt and the upper chest.
But a straighter clavicle seems to give length, so to be honest I don't know.
I think upturned looks more aesthetic tho

• +1
Reactions: Blackpilled1027
scapula is one thing I've got going for me.

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003, Loveland, caiolindo and 2 others
scapula is one thing I've got going for me.
yeah you seems to have good scapula but "average" clavicle in your case. Maybe i'm wrong but as you can see your upperchest and front delt insertions are not really well separated.

Anyway it's a very small failos your physique is insane and you mog me to oblivion

• JFL
Reactions: Lookologist003
yeah you seems to have good scapula but "average" clavicle in your case. Maybe i'm wrong but as you can see your upperchest and front delt insertions are not really well separated.

Anyway it's a very small failos your physique is insane and you mog me to oblivion
the separation you're thinking of is probably a volume issue in reality, most people have lagging upper chests, you're not supposed to have a dip there.

ideally the transition from your chest to your shoulder is relatively smooth.

• +1
Reactions: Loveland, bluestaxamz, datboijj and 1 other person
THIS thread is not really right-writed, i'm not studying medecine, i'm just talking about the frame like a pure novice, if you wanna recreate this thread and add more information, go ahead idc.

Today I wanna discuss about the deltoid insertion and its relation to the frame and why scapula is as (and maybe more) important than clavicle when it comes to FRAME.

When its comes to deltoids, as every gymcell knows, there is 3 part :

1) the front delt (also called anterior)
2) the side delt (also called middle)
3) the rear delt (also called posterior)

1- The front delt is attached to the clavicle and goes all the way to the humerus :
View attachment 2810474

2- The side delt is attached to the acromion and goes all the way to the humerus :

3- The rear delt is attached to the spine of the scapula and go on the humerus again
View attachment 2810461View attachment 2810468

Now, when it comes to frame, I really believe there is 3 majors bones that play a big impact on looking wider.

The first one is to have a wide scapula spine, because if the spine of the scapula grow, then you will get this more "broaded" looks and because the spine is actually the area where the mid delt and the rear delt insert, if this area grow then your delt will be more rounded looking.
View attachment 2810501

But this is not enough to get a big frame, with this, you will only be "rounded" framed but you'll still be frameceled.
View attachment 2810526
At this point, you are V-shaped but not T-shaped and to be T-shaped you have to widden the space between your back and your arms :
View attachment 2810524

You'll get more wider lats and all the tendons of the 3 parts of the deltoid will be more stretched which will result in a longer and nicer looking insertion :
View attachment 2810528

Also, don't forget that the hips and the waist help to give this T-shaped illusion.

And finally the last thing which framed your width is the clavicle of course, because this will create a longer upper chest and front delt insertion because the up chest and the front delt are attached to the clavicle. So if you grow your clavicule then the space between the upperchest and the front delt will expand to create a more aesthetic look :
View attachment 2810535

Here are the growth plates for thoses who are wondering (must be more, I just can't find any other picture on internet) :
View attachment 2810521

Anyway, i'm done with this shit for today, ofcourse there's so much more to say about frame, for example the clavicle shape is different from male to female.
As I said again, if you wanna recreate this thread, do it and don't forget to tag me so we can better understand how frame works.
so any ways to increase scapula lenght?

the separation you're thinking of is probably a volume issue in reality, most people have lagging upper chests, you're not supposed to have a dip there.

View attachment 2810588

ideally the transition from your chest to your shoulder is relatively smooth.
you're right yeah it's more a volume issue. Do you incline bench ?

so any ways to increase scapula lenght?
I don't think you have surgery that can do this type of things but maybe those two spots will be interesting to be cut in half and getting fixed with a steel like in LL surgery for example :

But when it comes to growth plates, I don't know, maybe someone have a schema or something to learn us about the growth plates in the scapula ?

• +1
Reactions: Ragnar
you're right yeah it's more a volume issue. Do you incline bench ?
I don't flat bench, I've only ever focused on upper chest, probably one of the few people that's upper chest dominant.

old photo (last year when I was skinnier)

Selfie116

but you can tell the part you're thinking about here:

is just filled with muscle in my case, which causes that dip to disappear.

Do I have a wide scapula and clavs?
IMG 2333

This is my frame after lean maxx, I measured with a ruler in fromt of a mirror bone pressed Facetune 07 02 2024 05 04 06

I don't flat bench, I've only ever focused on upper chest, probably one of the few people that's upper chest dominant.

View attachment 2810596

View attachment 2810599

Okay I was thinking is was the reverse situation to be honest but you're right you have a good upperchest i'm blind lmao

But yeah it seems that there a gap between your upperchest and your front delt which look kinda strange but it's a very small failos tbh

Attachments

• 1710966548916.png
    1710966548916.png
    458.3 KB · Views: 0
Okay I was thinking is was the reverse situation to be honest but you're right you have a good upperchest i'm blind lmao

But yeah it seems that there a gap between your upperchest and your front delt which look kinda strange but it's a very small failos tbh
View attachment 2810611View attachment 2810614
that gap forms in the space between your clavicle and upper chest, everyone has it, there's another one behind the clavicle, it doesn't show unless you're lean though.

there was a collarbone challenge about it in china a while back that made people butthurt.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Blackpilled1027
this shit look edited asfuck but if it's real then it's a good combinaison of straigth clavicle and wide scapula
Its upturned not straight, is it long tho?

View attachment 2810611View attachment 2810614
That dip is just how the clavicular head of the pec and front delt insert, most people have it. Imo it's the most important aspect of chest insertions. The wider ur chest insertions, particularly the clavicular head, the more fullness you can achieve and it makes a huge difference even with a shirt on. Take someone like maxwell krause who has the craziest fullness I've seen in the upper chest/front delt area on top of wide clavicles and it results in a super aesthetic look

this makes total sense. I have a good bidelt but i also have scapular winging because my scapulas are very wide and broad but my clavicles dont match it making my shoulders appear rounded

what do you think. my frame

View attachment 2810474

View attachment 2810461View attachment 2810468

View attachment 2810501

View attachment 2810526
View attachment 2810524

View attachment 2810528

View attachment 2810535

View attachment 2810521

so basically if you have scapular winging meaning your scapulas poke out that means that if your clavicles lengthened a bit it would push out the front delt creating a bigger space between the back and arms and fix your winging? im gonna tag you in y threat i made a while ago

View attachment 2810596

View attachment 2810599

AInt no way thatz you holy shit I tought that was a random pic of david laid, mirin the physique ngl