Should I cut?

EnderMist

EnderMist

Iron
Before training, I was a shredded twig.
E225BCFE F24D 44AA BEB0 A45CE08E1AC5

Now that I’ve been consistent for ~8 months, I’ve got a little size and a little fat on my frame.
0AC941B6 F284 409A 9D08 FB08C76656CB

The weights between the 2 pics is 132lbs and 154lbs. (Creatine added 5-6 lbs)

Question is is it worth sacrificing gains for a cut? It’s a real consideration because my biggest flaw is baby fat so losing anything in the face would be excellent.

I’m big into water fasting so the plan would be to go on a 5 day water fast then into a 3-4 week cut. This should easily shred 5 lbs in just a month.

Before training, I was a shredded twig.View attachment 1617001
Now that I’ve been consistent for ~8 months, I’ve got a little size and a little fat on my frame.
View attachment 1617002
The weights between the 2 pics is 132lbs and 154lbs. (Creatine added 5-6 lbs)

Question is is it worth sacrificing gains for a cut? It’s a real consideration because my biggest flaw is baby fat so losing anything in the face would be excellent.

I’m big into water fasting so the plan would be to go on a 5 day water fast then into a 3-4 week cut. This should easily shred 5 lbs in just a month.
I think wait a lil so u can get a little fitter before summer time but idk how long it takes to to cut so up 2 u and what advise u take

• +1
Reactions: EnderMist, Skrocle and Deleted member 15669

Great video. For the record I see myself as lean however I’m thinking about what’s the next step in my fitness journey. I know my body can easily stay at 10% bf because it did for years. It’s just a consideration that returning there could improve my face.

You have defined abs, this is as defined your face will get.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Sigmamale and Lev Peshkov
Yeah, I think time will be the only real improvement. Your suggestion of Botox into my masseters wasn’t something I considered before and would be cheap. Worth a consultation?

Yeah, I think time will be the only real improvement. Your suggestion of Botox into my masseters wasn’t something I considered before and would be cheap. Worth a consultation?
Probably, pretty much everyone with masseters like this looks better with them toned down a bit.

One of the only things you've said that I'm gonna sorta disagree with, depends greatly on your body fat distribution but some people can lean their face out quite a bit between getting lean enough for abs and getting competition tier shredded imo. And based off OP's look I think he could get leaner to the tune of 2-4% less bf still if he really wanted to.

That said OP you should either recomp or lean bulk imo because getting dickskin level shredded would look a lot better if you had a bit more muscle, and it might not be very sustainable anyway

• +1
Reactions: EnderMist and Korea
One of the only things you've said that I'm gonna sorta disagree with, depends greatly on your body fat distribution but some people can lean their face out quite a bit between getting lean enough for abs and getting competition tier shredded imo. And based off OP's look I think he could get leaner to the tune of 2-4% less bf still if he really wanted to.

That said OP you should either recomp or lean bulk imo because getting dickskin level shredded would look a lot better if you had a bit more muscle, and it might not be very sustainable anyway
I think I’ll just be patient, continue my lean bulk and water fasts which help maintain bf without interrupting the bulk.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17763
I think I’ll just be patient, continue my lean bulk and water fasts which help maintain bf without interrupting the bulk.
Seems like a good move to continue that for a bit if it's working. Plus the fact that you're realistically quite lean as is combined with knowing you can use water fasting as a tool means you're always within striking distance of getting to that super shredded level whenever you want with summer coming up

Seems like a good move to continue that for a bit if it's working. Plus the fact that you're realistically quite lean as is combined with knowing you can use water fasting as a tool means you're always within striking distance of getting to that super shredded level whenever you want with summer coming up
The fitness community sleeps on water fasting fr. You lose weight faster and lose less lean mass. Plus numerous health and mental health benefits. I do a 3-day fast every month with my dad.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17763
I see some users here say that getting down to 10 percent body fat is best for facial aethetics but I think they don't realize how lean that actually is. Most men will be unable to get to 10 percent I'd say and if you don't have a defined face at even 14 percent then you probably just have shit bones.