Should I go to sleep hungry when leanmaxing?

Deleted member 15827

Deleted member 15827

Will be back
So I eat at 600-1000 calorie deficit but when I go to sleep I'm not really that hungry. I eat around 2 hours before bed, is this normal? I'm 19% bf btw so is it possible my body is ok with burning the fat instead and if I was 12% I would be hungry if I ate at the same deficit?

Anyone with experience can comment

I don't know bro.

I guess you might feel hungry at first with the deficit, but you'll get used to it.

Maybe start at a 500 cal deficit since you're having issues with 600 - 1000

• +1
Reactions: frendly and Deleted member 15827
no. you will wake up tomorow happy if you abstain from eating. if you eat you will be ashamed and you have thrown away all your hard work. stay strong brother

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 16369, frendly, ChristianChad and 7 others
no. you will wake up tomorow happy if you abstain from eating. if you eat you will be ashamed and you have thrown away all your hard work. stay strong brother
I don't count my calories but I eat 2 adais( urud dal indian flatbread) with 40 g butter and then brown rice , channa and some vegetables and then night some macaroni ( 60 g) made from durum wheat with soya beans and peas. And around three glasses of milk throughout whole day with some sugar just enough to make it palatable. I'm 6'2 19% bf with little muscle so my CICO is around 2300 calories. I eat 1500-1600 calories

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15569
So I eat at 600-1000 calorie deficit but when I go to sleep I'm not really that hungry. I eat around 2 hours before bed, is this normal? I'm 19% bf btw so is it possible my body is ok with burning the fat instead and if I was 12% I would be hungry if I ate at the same deficit?

At this bodyfat percentage this is normal, also since you are eating 2hrs before bed you will still be satiated from that meal. This is an ideal position to be in as the lower in BF you go, the more susceptible to hunger you will be as your body will require less calories to be in a deficit. For me this usually occurs at around 14% where I really start to feel the restrictive effects from cutting and so if you do not time your meals correctly or even eat the rights calorie dense foods, cutting starts to become harder. Be thankful that for the time being you are able to sustainably cut with minimal hunger as this will surely changer the lower in BF% you get.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: TurkishAscender and Deleted member 15827
I don't count my calories but I eat 2 adais( urud dal indian flatbread) with 40 g butter and then brown rice , channa and some vegetables and then night some macaroni ( 60 g) made from durum wheat with soya beans and peas. And around three glasses of milk throughout whole day with some sugar just enough to make it palatable. I'm 6'2 19% bf with little muscle so my CICO is around 2300 calories. I eat 1500-1600 calories
If you currently have little muscle then that means you are likely a beginner lifter meaning that you can definitely gain muscle whilst cutting, you should therefore make an effort to get more protein in your diet as this will help you make optimal gains whilst also losing body fat, you are at a good point because you can safely lose fat whilst gaining muscle, which is never the case for more advanced lifters.

• +1
Reactions: TurkishAscender and Deleted member 15827
If you currently have little muscle then that means you are likely a beginner lifter meaning that you can definitely gain muscle whilst cutting, you should therefore make an effort to get more protein in your diet as this will help you make optimal gains whilst also losing body fat, you are at a good point because you can safely lose fat whilst gaining muscle, which is never the case for more advanced lifters.
Soy beans and channa are very protein dense. I also used to drink casein at night but ran out a week back

It's a matter of calories in vs calories out, not hunger

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMaxxer, Deleted member 16369, Yerico7 and 2 others
Eat an apple or 100 grams of cottage cheese before going to bed. This should dull your hunger, giving you time to fall asleep.
Btw 1000 cal sounds too much. The surplus should be no more than 10-15% of your daily allowance.

• +1
Reactions: frendly and Deleted member 15827
So like 300 calories deficit? But I don't feel hungry because I fast and take nicotine and I'm 19% bf
Eat an apple or 100 grams of cottage cheese before going to bed. This should dull your hunger, giving you time to fall asleep.
Btw 1000 cal sounds too much. The surplus should be no more than 10-15% of your daily allowance.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 14610
It's a matter of calories in vs calories out, not hunger
this and measure ur meals so at night u dont eat a lot and try to eat the most during the day/afternoon

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and randomuser2407
this and measure ur meals so at night u dont eat a lot and try to eat the most during the day/afternoon
I'm currently leanmaxxing while gaining muscle on a 2300 calorie diet. It works because I am at a high body fat percentage (probably around 23%)

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 15827 and Biiyo03
I'm currently leanmaxxing while gaining muscle on a 2300 calorie diet. It works because I am at a high body fat percentage (probably around 23%)
I hate leanmax tbh. Enjoyed bulking. I don't get any exercise and I'm rotting in house. If I do HIIT which burns only 100 calories I eat triple the amount so I don't do cardio. I just try to eat less.

I've been deficiting 800 calories for 2 months now and as long as I don't eat carbs I'm never hungry

I hate leanmax tbh. Enjoyed bulking. I don't get any exercise and I'm rotting in house. If I do HIIT which burns only 100 calories I eat triple the amount so I don't do cardio. I just try to eat less.
No, you need to get strong on the main compound movements, if you do this, you will gain muscle and lose fat at the same time as a beginner, so you will acquire a six pack and you will look great. If you don't do this, you will just look malnourished and you will just be skin and bones.

Lifting weights is essential for cutting but cardio is not. Keeping calories low is easy if you eat a lot of protein, which is necessary to build muscle. I eat 170g of protein and 2300 calories per day, and I train hard 4 times per week on this program:

Upper:

Overhead Press 4x6-10
Yates Rows 4x6-10
Bench Press 4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x6-10
Barbell Curls 3x6-10

Lower:

Squats 4x6-10
Deadlifts 3x6-10

Every exercise is done twice a week and I add weight when I get close to the end of the rep range (or around 30-35 reps in total)
I add 2.5 lbs to my upper body lifts (by using 1.25 lb micro plates)
And I add 5 lbs to my lower body lifts (by using 2.5 lb plates).

By doing this I am able to gain a lot of strength very quickly which is building muscle, and because I am using a calorie deficit, I am losing fat at the same time. But this only works if you are at a high body fat percentage 15-20% or more and if you still have not reached a 135 lb overhead press, a 225 lb bench press, a 315 lb squat and a 405 lb deadlift.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
No, you need to get strong on the main compound movements, if you do this, you will gain muscle and lose fat at the same time as a beginner, so you will acquire a six pack and you will look great. If you don't do this, you will just look malnourished and you will just be skin and bones.

Lifting weights is essential for cutting but cardio is not. Keeping calories low is easy if you eat a lot of protein, which is necessary to build muscle. I eat 170g of protein and 2300 calories per day, and I train hard 4 times per week on this program:

Upper:

Overhead Press 4x6-10
Yates Rows 4x6-10
Bench Press 4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x6-10
Barbell Curls 3x6-10

Lower:

Squats 4x6-10
Deadlifts 3x6-10

Every exercise is done twice a week and I add weight when I get close to the end of the rep range (or around 30-35 reps in total)
I add 2.5 lbs to my upper body lifts (by using 1.25 lb micro plates)
And I add 5 lbs to my lower body lifts (by using 2.5 lb plates).

By doing this I am able to gain a lot of strength very quickly which is building muscle, and because I am using a calorie deficit, I am losing fat at the same time. But this only works if you are at a high body fat percentage 15-20% or more and if you still have not reached a 135 lb overhead press, a 225 lb bench press, a 315 lb squat and a 405 lb deadlift.
I don't want to be skin and bones but I feel being at 15% instead of 19 and then eating at maintenance and lifting is also good. I have some muscle which If I cut I'll look like a soccer player but not like I lift. I think I want to rock the athlete look for a while

I don't want to be skin and bones but I feel being at 15% instead of 19 and then eating at maintenance and lifting is also good. I have some muscle which If I cut I'll look like a soccer player but not like I lift. I think I want to rock the athlete look for a while
You can cut at a rate of 1 lb of fat loss per week and still make muscle gains. The best way to know if you are making progress is to see if you are getting stronger. When your progress starts to slow down to a halt on a cut, that is when you need to start eating at maintenance calories, and then a 5% calorie surplus, and then 10%, 15% and 20%.

If you do this properly with good training, good diet and good sleep, you can maintain a good body fat percentage year round between 10 and 15% at least until you become intermediate (the strength standards I mentioned previously).

Bulking is not what causes muscle growth, it's just that you cannot recomp if you are already low body fat, but you can easily recomp at 19%.

Also, the best way to determine your body fat percentage is to look at your waist size. It should be kept between 43% and 46% of your height, so for a guy like me who is 76 inches tall, that would be a waist size between 32.68 and 34.96 inches. Right now, my waist is at 38 inches, which is why I am cutting.

I consume around 4000 calories everyday

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16101
why did u ugh my post @ChristianChad kys u subhuman faggot

• +1
You honestly should, this is a strategy I often use when leanmaxxing.

1. Because the energy boosts u get for a few hours after eating are very important, you'd rather eat all your calories early on to power you through the day.

2. Spiking your glucose before bed reduces sleep quality (however 2 hours before like u do is fine tbh).

3. Rather than feel hunger and constantly be pressured to eat, you'd rather just sleep and not risk snacking and ruining your diet.

Ive gone to sleep on an empty stomach many times and got good sleep, half the time ur not even hungry in the morning either. Also if im skipping dinner ill normally smoke/vape since nicotine suppresses appetite, and it gives dopamine so now im technically addicted to this ritual of skipping dinner and smoking instead.

• +1

600-1k deficit is stupid and u should do more cardio instead unless ur in the super mobidly obese range your just ruining your metabolism.
eat in a slight deficit (including healthy fats etc) you walk stairs or go on 10-15 min street walks after every meal (shown to have a bigger effect then metformin for diabetics). Plus you make sure your getting pure healthy foods eggs, greens (preferably together because fiber binds to cholesterol in the gut), red meat etc.

600-1k deficit is stupid and u should do more cardio instead unless ur in the super mobidly obese range your just ruining your metabolism.
eat in a slight deficit (including healthy fats etc) you walk stairs or go on 10-15 min street walks after every meal (shown to have a bigger effect then metformin for diabetics). Plus you make sure your getting pure healthy foods eggs, greens (preferably together because fiber binds to cholesterol in the gut), red meat etc.
I disagree ive experimented with all types of deficits past 2 years, they all have pros and cons, u should just see what works for you

• +1
I disagree ive experimented with all types of deficits past 2 years, they all have pros and cons, u should just see what works for you
All 'diets' should be experimented with. Basic calorie deficit intermittent fasting etc but holding a huge deficit like that you just crash your metabolism.

• Hmm...

If you maintain solid deficit you will keep getting leaner, If you stop getting leaner over large time span then you need to increase deifict to keep getting leaner than last time

You don't have to sleep hungry, just maintain the deifict and monitor your BF

Stop the cope lol, just eat like a hippo, i mean natural unprocessed food ,with no oil, eg milk ,eggs potato ,rice ,meat, and do some excercise, like sprinting and weightlifting ,nothing comes close to this