Should I move out, buy & live in a mobile home? [Pros and Cons] [Actually potentially a good idea]

F

FaceIsKing

Banned

I'm saving for a mortgage deposit on a small house or an apartment.

But I think getting a caravan/mobile home could be a better idea

Pros of buying and living in a caravan mobile home:

1. Affordability: I could probably buy one for like 20-40k? Whereas a house is like 150-200k.
  2. Flexibility: I can live wherever I want in my country, travel for jobs, travel on weekends, go on holidays in it, travel europe in it. I can park close to my work so I dont have to travel 45 mins to work every day.
  3. Simplicity: Living in a caravan can lead to a simpler, more minimalistic lifestyle. This can be a relief for those who want to escape the "rat race" or who feel overwhelmed by consumer culture.
  4. Reduced Costs: Maintenance and utility costs are generally lower than in a traditional home.
  5. Community: Many caravan parks have strong, tight-knit communities. I could make friends for once
  6. theyre actually nice inside, look at the pics above
  7. get to fuck girls in private
  8. Save an extra $800 per month in my pocket instead of having to pay a mortgage off
Cons of buying and living in a caravan mobile home:

1. Limited Space: Caravans are small and may not provide enough space for larger families or for people with many possessions. - doesnt affect me tbh
  2. Living Conditions: The living conditions in a caravan can be quite different from those in a traditional home. For example, insulation and temperature regulation might be less efficient. - dont really care
  3. Reselling and Depreciation: Unlike traditional homes, caravans depreciate in value over time. This means you're unlikely to make a profit when selling. - this is a negative and something i kinda care about. the reason for me buying a house was i wanted to rent out a room which would cover my mortgage repayments
  4. Legal Restrictions: There may be legal restrictions on where you can park and live in your caravan. Some caravan parks have rules about how long you can stay, and planning permissions can affect where you can live permanently. - can just find some caravan park tbh
  5. Lack of Stability: While the flexibility of a caravan can be a pro, it can also be a con. Some people may feel unsettled by the lack of a fixed location. - eh idc
  6. Weather Dependence: Weather conditions can be unpredictable, and caravans may not provide as much protection from the elements as traditional homes. - i can hack it, im a man
  7. Lack of Amenities: While many caravan parks offer amenities like pools and social clubs, these are not guaranteed, and some people may miss the amenities of traditional neighborhoods. - that would be lifefuel tbh. social clubs and shit. could help me actually integrate into a community
  8. Girls might think im a low class tramp and be embarrassed to say their bf lives in a caravan. potentially a statusmin

is there any other negatives or positives which im missing?

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24770, optimisticzoomer and thereallegend
white trash maxxer

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24770, Skywalker and spdxer
Community: Many caravan parks have strong, tight-knit communities. I could make friends for once
these are not the people you should be in contact with for extended period of time my friend

• +1
Reactions: JovenCansao
If housing prices continue to rise I will just buy a piece of land and build a small house, aint no way I'm paying 300-400k for a fucking 3 bedroom house when I won't even use half the space.

• +1
Reactions: JovenCansao and FaceIsKing
Didn't really read but yes. I'm gonna buy a tiny house in a different country for cheap too, instead of a normal house

If housing prices continue to rise I will just buy a piece of land and build a small house, aint no way I'm paying 300-400k for a fucking 3 bedroom house when I won't even use half the space.
lol youll be disappointed to find out that land is extremely expensive like houses

Since the only con you cared about was the caravan depreciation you should be fine tbh

You're not investing that much money in the caravan in the first place so not really a big loss

• +1
Reactions: FaceIsKing
noted. but why not?
low class trash, worst of the worst, anything goes man do not fuck with those people, finding a quiet little spot for you might be ideal

• +1
lol youll be disappointed to find out that land is extremely expensive like houses
I've found nice lots for 100k and can do a lot of DIY construction especially since my stepdad is a carpenter. I can probably do it all under 200k which is the most I would spend on a house in the first place.

View attachment 2363107

View attachment 2363157
View attachment 2363156

1. Affordability: I could probably buy one for like 20-40k? Whereas a house is like 150-200k.
  2. Flexibility: I can live wherever I want in my country, travel for jobs, travel on weekends, go on holidays in it, travel europe in it. I can park close to my work so I dont have to travel 45 mins to work every day.
  3. Simplicity: Living in a caravan can lead to a simpler, more minimalistic lifestyle. This can be a relief for those who want to escape the "rat race" or who feel overwhelmed by consumer culture.
  4. Reduced Costs: Maintenance and utility costs are generally lower than in a traditional home.
  5. Community: Many caravan parks have strong, tight-knit communities. I could make friends for once
  8. Save an extra $800 per month in my pocket instead of having to pay a mortgage off

1. Limited Space: Caravans are small and may not provide enough space for larger families or for people with many possessions. - doesnt affect me tbh
  2. Living Conditions: The living conditions in a caravan can be quite different from those in a traditional home. For example, insulation and temperature regulation might be less efficient. - dont really care
  3. Reselling and Depreciation: Unlike traditional homes, caravans depreciate in value over time. This means you're unlikely to make a profit when selling. - this is a negative and something i kinda care about. the reason for me buying a house was i wanted to rent out a room which would cover my mortgage repayments
  4. Legal Restrictions: There may be legal restrictions on where you can park and live in your caravan. Some caravan parks have rules about how long you can stay, and planning permissions can affect where you can live permanently. - can just find some caravan park tbh
  5. Lack of Stability: While the flexibility of a caravan can be a pro, it can also be a con. Some people may feel unsettled by the lack of a fixed location. - eh idc
  6. Weather Dependence: Weather conditions can be unpredictable, and caravans may not provide as much protection from the elements as traditional homes. - i can hack it, im a man
  7. Lack of Amenities: While many caravan parks offer amenities like pools and social clubs, these are not guaranteed, and some people may miss the amenities of traditional neighborhoods. - that would be lifefuel tbh. social clubs and shit. could help me actually integrate into a community
  8. Girls might think im a low class tramp and be embarrassed to say their bf lives in a caravan. potentially a statusmin

Blud thinks hes Walter white ☠️☠️☠️

• JFL
View attachment 2363107

View attachment 2363157
View attachment 2363156

Whitetrashmaxxing

Buy a plot of land for ur trailer. That way you can sell the land in a couple of years if it appreciates in value.

• Love it
Reactions: Skywalker