SKINCARE HELP!

romanianhardmaxxer

romanianhardmaxxer

gymcell
So I have pretty bad hormonal acne so I went to a cosmetologist and she said to me that I have first degree burns on my skin from using tretinoin. I was using the alcohol based 0.1% gel every night(I know its too much).
She said that I should stop using it completely along with my cleanser and prescribed me a toner along with a calming cream and some other stuff.
Should I stop using tret and follow my cosmetologist or should I continue using it more moderately?
Thank you!

• JFL
Reactions: N1666
No pic no help

• So Sad
Reactions: romanianhardmaxxer
U darn idiots..

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: zharupodrugu, romanianhardmaxxer and wastedspermcel
So I have pretty bad hormonal acne so I went to a cosmetologist and she said to me that I have first degree burns on my skin from using tretinoin. I was using the alcohol based 0.1% gel every night(I know its too much).
She said that I should stop using it completely along with my cleanser and prescribed me a toner along with a calming cream and some other stuff.
Should I stop using tret and follow my cosmetologist or should I continue using it more moderately?
Thank you!
Listen to the doctor lil bro

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, aerooooo and romanianhardmaxxer
bro listen too the doctor they know more than a bunch of 15 year olds on a lookmaxxing fourm lmao

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: shosuke25, zharupodrugu and romanianhardmaxxer
I’m sorry to hear about your experience with tretinoin. It’s important to follow the advice of healthcare professionals who can assess your skin in person. If your cosmetologist has examined your skin and believes that the tretinoin is causing harm, it would be wise to follow their recommendation to stop using it, especially if you have signs of irritation like first-degree burns.
Tretinoin is a potent retinoid used for acne treatment, and it can cause side effects such as dryness, redness, irritation, and in some cases, burns if used excessively or if the skin is sensitive to it12. It’s typically advised to start with a lower concentration and use it less frequently to allow your skin to adjust, and always as directed by a healthcare provider.
The cosmetologist’s suggestion to use a toner and calming cream instead may be aimed at helping your skin recover from the irritation and restore its barrier function. It’s also essential to use a gentle cleanser that doesn’t strip your skin of its natural oils, which can exacerbate irritation.
For hormonal acne, there are various treatment options available, including topical treatments, oral medications, and lifestyle changes that can help manage breakouts34. It’s crucial to have a tailored skincare routine that suits your specific skin type and condition.
If you’re uncertain or if your symptoms persist, consider seeking a second opinion from a dermatologist who specializes in skin conditions. They can provide you with a diagnosis and a treatment plan that’s appropriate for your skin’s needs. Remember, it’s essential to use all skincare products and medications as directed by your healthcare provider to avoid any further complications.

muh my hjigh iq response wasnty BING AI

Derms are idiots

Do your own trial and error and research

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with tretinoin. It’s important to follow the advice of healthcare professionals who can assess your skin in person. If your cosmetologist has examined your skin and believes that the tretinoin is causing harm, it would be wise to follow their recommendation to stop using it, especially if you have signs of irritation like first-degree burns.
Tretinoin is a potent retinoid used for acne treatment, and it can cause side effects such as dryness, redness, irritation, and in some cases, burns if used excessively or if the skin is sensitive to it12. It’s typically advised to start with a lower concentration and use it less frequently to allow your skin to adjust, and always as directed by a healthcare provider.
The cosmetologist’s suggestion to use a toner and calming cream instead may be aimed at helping your skin recover from the irritation and restore its barrier function. It’s also essential to use a gentle cleanser that doesn’t strip your skin of its natural oils, which can exacerbate irritation.
For hormonal acne, there are various treatment options available, including topical treatments, oral medications, and lifestyle changes that can help manage breakouts34. It’s crucial to have a tailored skincare routine that suits your specific skin type and condition.
If you’re uncertain or if your symptoms persist, consider seeking a second opinion from a dermatologist who specializes in skin conditions. They can provide you with a diagnosis and a treatment plan that’s appropriate for your skin’s needs. Remember, it’s essential to use all skincare products and medications as directed by your healthcare provider to avoid any further complications.
Get a load of this nigga

Thank you!
you likely don’t need .1%, especially if your skin can’t handle it. the burns can def be caused by the increased risk of sunburn resulting from tretinoin, so def use a mineral sunscreen, preferably a tinted one as it will cover up a lot of the redness/burns too. if you truly mean you went to a cosmetologist, then without a doubt seek a dermatologist instead as they know a lot more about the topic. but yea, i’d drop to .05% tret or even .025%

switch to weakest form of tret or retinol. Stupid ass nigga using 0.1 what did u expected from that

bro hop on accutane and hope for the best

Thank you!
do to a dermatologist not a cosmetologist

Thank you!
Have you used sunscreen?

No details of your routine

Take a lower dosage like go to the lowest possible while stil listenning to your doctor

dumb ash for using 0.1 no wonder your barrier is probably raped. as said above no pic no help since its impossible to know the true severity of your situation.

unless your derm specializes in cosmetic / aesthetics (aka acne) theres a good chance they dont know shit about your specific acne related issues. I would do your own research and maybe consult a derm with your findings.

Thank you!
Fuck the doctor bluepilled hoe