South Korean society is .org IRL

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

Life is a beautiful journey, just enjoy the rides.
This has to do with East Asian culture in general, rather than just Korea. Korea has indeed taken an extreme side of it, but generally, "Appearance" is what really matters in East Asian cultures.

While Western culture would emphasize function over form, Asians tend to go the opposite - form over function. Koreans are usually extreme examples of this. Everything is judged by the looks and appearance - whether it be people, fashion, cars, and even food.

There's an old saying in Korean: "A good-looking rice cake will be more pleasant to eat". A so-so looking rice cake would still taste exactly the same and fill your hunger just as good as a good looking one; but when given a choice, the preference always goes to a better looking rice cake. Going even further, a "bad" looking rice cake will be rejected and sometimes thrown away.

In Korean corporate culture, for example, it's very natural for a report or presentations to be rejected because of wrong font, wrong color, slight misalignment in table, or wrong type of paper it's printed on. I am not even kidding. No matter how good your content is, you have to make it look nice in order for that content to be accepted.

Similarly, a "better-looking" person will find himself/herself in easy side of life. You will be admired by many, make friends quicker and eaiser, probably has much higher chance of getting a job anywhere.. etc etc..
It's a sad thing for sure, but a reality as well. Hence, yes, people do get obsessed with looks and it's because of the pressure the society puts on them to be like that.

• +1
Reactions: sudanguy, aesthetic beauty, Xangsane and 4 others
@Xangsane @pneumocystosis @BrahminBoss @andy9432 @Iasacrko @HarrierDuBois @Krakowski @MoggerGaston @Krakowski @shabby890 @Eli @Jungcuck @Gonthar @mbolo @Filosephario @wsada[/USER↑
@notcel

That’s very interesting I wasn’t aware it was like this to such a severe degree, thanks for sharing

• +1
Reactions: aesthetic beauty and ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
When are u moving there

• Woah
Reactions: shabby890
Sounds like hell on earth
Mirin those who make it big in these societies while not being born privileged

• +1
Reactions: tasmanian devil, horizontallytall and ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
I hope they all die of cancer for abusing hgh to grow tallerthan they deserve

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Skywalker, tasmanian devil, Gilbert_Durandal and 2 others
This has to do with East Asian culture in general, rather than just Korea. Korea has indeed taken an extreme side of it, but generally, "Appearance" is what really matters in East Asian cultures.

While Western culture would emphasize function over form, Asians tend to go the opposite - form over function. Koreans are usually extreme examples of this. Everything is judged by the looks and appearance - whether it be people, fashion, cars, and even food.

There's an old saying in Korean: "A good-looking rice cake will be more pleasant to eat". A so-so looking rice cake would still taste exactly the same and fill your hunger just as good as a good looking one; but when given a choice, the preference always goes to a better looking rice cake. Going even further, a "bad" looking rice cake will be rejected and sometimes thrown away.

In Korean corporate culture, for example, it's very natural for a report or presentations to be rejected because of wrong font, wrong color, slight misalignment in table, or wrong type of paper it's printed on. I am not even kidding. No matter how good your content is, you have to make it look nice in order for that content to be accepted.

Similarly, a "better-looking" person will find himself/herself in easy side of life. You will be admired by many, make friends quicker and eaiser, probably has much higher chance of getting a job anywhere.. etc etc..
It's a sad thing for sure, but a reality as well. Hence, yes, people do get obsessed with looks and it's because of the pressure the society puts on them to be like that.
This always fascinated me why is that Korea is so lookist
can you explain it historically and how it has started , how is it going and it's future implications

• +1
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
This always fascinated me why is that Korea is so lookist
can you explain it historically and how it has started , how is it going and it's future implications
It all started from a kindergarten

There’s a hierarchy to EVERYTHING

They don’t virtue signaling like western disney society or white foids.

Looks money status, will affect your ranking in everyday life 24/7

• +1
Reactions: tasmanian devil
wanted to post the same thing. Actual bpilled society. Hope samsung goes shit.Total samsung deth = sk deth

It all started from a kindergarten

There’s a hierarchy to EVERYTHING

They don’t virtue signaling like western disney society or white foids.

Looks money status, will affect your ranking in everyday life 24/7
It's eastern thing as wole I live in India so I understand but why is that only Korea seem to be on steroids with these

• +1
Reactions: Gilbert_Durandal and ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
wanted to post the same thing. Actual bpilled society. Hope samsung goes shit.Total samsung deth = sk deth
I made a mistake buying Iphone

If I bought Samsung I could have replaced my laptop woth a phone

It's eastern thing as wole I live in India so I understand but why is that only Korea seem to be on steroids with these
India isn't as lookist as east Asia, in my experience atleast

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
imagine having this massively eugenic society and still looking ugly as shit

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker
And you are somehow still incel
because I was conceived in the West during 90s when anyone with a stable job could reproduce like rabbits

Things have changed

I used to play LAN there
I was at Army Reserves for 1 contract at Lund so I occasionally go back just to jog memory

let them die and collapse and be overtaken by China
you get what you fucking deserve.jpg