SSRIs are making me estrogenic af

incelmogger

incelmogger

Aryan
I swear these pills are making me uglier and retain more fucking water in my face.

My theory is that since fluvoxamine inhibits estrogen hydroxylation (conversion) through cyp17 and is known as a cyp17-hydroxylase inhibitor, this can increase acth, stimulate cortisol production and increase estrogen thereby causing bloating and constipation. Another reason behind increased aromatase (converts test into estradiol) and estrogen/androgen ratio is the fact that Luvox acts as a cyp1a2 and 3a4 inhibitor, which are the main liver enzymes that estrogen is metabolised by.

Does this mean that it could potentially stunt growth and lead to further sexual problems down the line aside from the anorgasmia and sensitive dick I have. Apparently it can induce oxidative stress, possibly raise white blood cell count, and decrease tsh, fsh and lh, which fucks with your endocrine system even more.

I’m on adderall as well which decrease prolactin but I was wondering what could possibly counter this or if it could be countered at all except by going off the drug or drastically lowering the dose. I was thinking Wellbutrin maybe since it’s known to increase test, LH and fsh and is good for adhd/depression but I’m not completely sure.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: vermillioncorefan and TechnoBoss
@NorwoodAscender

OCD. For anti anxiety I was given Ativan and Seroquel for sleep, then addy for my adhd/asd
Just stop taking them u fuck. Start a one week fast or two ull be fine

Worst decision of ur life quit them asap not only for the looksmin but they literally rape ur brain permanently

• +1
Reactions: Corleone and try2beme

Mainly fuck up ur receptors ive seen it on some of my relatives she became a full retard bluepilled version of her old self even after stopping , insane mood swings , always laughing and smiling out of context, she struggle to show negative emotions (she literally can't , it's like it can't go out of you physically) but i bet there's much more that can happen

• +1
Reactions: Corleone and try2beme
You worry too much

• +1
Reactions: incelmogger
OCD. For anti anxiety I was given Ativan and Seroquel for sleep, then addy for my adhd/asd
Just stop taking them u fuck. Start a one week fast or two ull be fine
SSRIs are fucked but so is mental illness. My girl has decently severe OCD and tbh its really not something you can just stop taking meds for and fast out.

There's definitely no way they're good long term though and you should probably try and find other more holistic more sustainable long-term solutions. I'm reading Nutrient Power by William J Walsh (sounds bullshit but it seems very legit) and it looks promising but we haven't tried implementing anything yet. Still worth taking a look though for you, main idea is that mental illnesses are caused by biochemical imbalances in the brain (very valid) that are oftentimes nutritional deficiencies caused by genetic variations. Schizophrenia, for example, has proven on record cases of being remediated and controlled with intake of Niacin, an organic compound that supplements the deficient B vitamins linked to the condition. Walsh posits that similar causes can probably be attributed to the various other mental illnesses, with OCD being a case of undermethylation (so the theory goes).

There's also CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which you probably know abt.

As for the fluvox, my girl is on that too and it definitely raises prolactin (at least in women), proven cause she's done blood tests. Ask your psych about cabergoline, if it will do anything to keep prolactin down and if it interferes with any of your other meds.

But tbh you gotta do blood tests, it seems like you really know your shit and probably more than I do. Maybe AIs are an option too. Good luck, seems like a lot you're dealing with.

• +1

Mainly fuck up ur receptors ive seen it on some of my relatives she became a full retard bluepilled version of her old self even after stopping , insane mood swings , always laughing and smiling out of context, she struggle to show negative emotions (she literally can't , it's like it can't go out of you physically) but i bet there's much more that can happen
I’m only concerned with fluvoxamine, which has a very different and unique receptor affinity and pharmacological profile compared to basically every other SSRI

SSRIs are fucked but so is mental illness. My girl has decently severe OCD and tbh its really not something you can just stop taking meds for and fast out.

There's definitely no way they're good long term though and you should probably try and find other more holistic more sustainable long-term solutions. I'm reading Nutrient Power by William J Walsh (sounds bullshit but it seems very legit) and it looks promising but we haven't tried implementing anything yet. Still worth taking a look though for you, main idea is that mental illnesses are caused by biochemical imbalances in the brain (very valid) that are oftentimes nutritional deficiencies caused by genetic variations. Schizophrenia, for example, has proven on record cases of being remediated and controlled with intake of Niacin, an organic compound that supplements the deficient B vitamins linked to the condition. Walsh posits that similar causes can probably be attributed to the various other mental illnesses, with OCD being a case of undermethylation (so the theory goes).

As for the fluvox, my girl is on that too and it definitely raises prolactin (at least in women), proven cause she's done blood tests. Ask your psych about cabergoline, if it will do anything to keep prolactin down and if it interferes with any of your other meds.

But tbh you gotta do blood tests, it seems like you really know your shit and probably more than I do. Maybe AIs are an option too. Good luck, seems like a lot you're dealing with.
You are correct but I am dialed in with nutrition and supplementation, and I have always been concerned with it.

I spiraled when I realised that I was doing all of that shit but my ocd was still extremely severe as well as my addictive tendencies and anxiety which no matter what I did I couldn’t get rid of or dimmer down. For as long as I’ve known I’ve been addicted to something as well, like I’ve mentioned in some other threads. I have been seeing mental health people since about 7, and have prolonged trauma from my teenage years from school. For context, I am also diagnosed with adhd, high functioning autism, and my ocd is mostly of an existential, irreality, body image and harm type. So I struggle with depersonalisation/derealisation a lot as well as mood swings to name a few.

As for tests, since I am a hypochondriac and autistic (in the sense of how I view the world, myself and compartmentalise as well as navigate things. by others I’m still perceived as an NT normal jock type of guy) so I have had every test done under the sun (brain mri, spine mri, lumbar puncture, countless blood tests). I currently supplement with a methylated b-complex, magnesium, vitamin d + k2, and in the past I had even more of a stack but I still struggled with all of these things. Only recently I was put into the psych ward, where I was also supplementing with a methylated b-complex. With or without I haven’t seen too big of a change, so I’m not sure what to say about your point with methylation ocd. If there has been, I don’t notice it, only others can, even then that doesn’t help too much. Mental illness also runs very heavily in my family so that’s another thing.

Yes you are partly right about Luvox and prolactin and the fact that it has some negative effect on it can’t really be disputed because of its overall effects on the endocrine system. However, I have also read studies that showed fluvoxamine treatment didn’t significantly raise prolactin at all in some patients. Same goes for drugs like quetiapine which I’m also taking. But I’m not really worried about that since I’m on dexamphetamine, which even at 15mg reduces serum prolactin by almost 40%. What I supplement with and eat would also decrease it. I use nicotine too. fluvoxamine also increases prefrontal dopamine transmission and d2 receptor availability in the brain mainly through its effects on sigma-1 rather than 5-HT reuptake, and this is even true when combined with quetiapine.

My main concern is just with the effects Luvox has on hormones and how it leads to gi issues as well as a bunch of other side effects, so I’m going to talk with my gp and psych about potential ways to mitigate this. I think the best thing would be lower dose Luvox or a different antidepressant altogether that doesn’t have these endocrine disrupting effects, as well as something as a regular medication that modulates/increases dopamine and adrenaline in a better way, and possibly something anti-serotenergic and anti-adrenaline. Because I really don’t think my problems are to do with serotonin, but primarily excess nervous energy, cortisol, loneliness, and a wrecked dopamine and noradrenaline system. I can tell my psych is at least trying to find the right balance since he’s tried multiple benzos, drugs like clonidine, has recommended guanfacine, etc. and asked for a second opinion, where he got me on stimulants.

Cbt is shit btw I did it in hospital

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lethbridge
Maybe AIs are an option too. Good luck, seems like a lot you're dealing with.
Thanks bro and yeah they could be but there are plenty of better possible options out there that could combat the estrogenic and endocrine disrupting effects of Luvox directly, or indirectly by way of neurotransmission. luckily it’s not as bad for this shit compared to SSRIs like Zoloft. The risks with AIs far outweigh the benefits, especially if the issue is associated with ssris and not anabolic steroids that induce aromatase activity 1 million times more

• +1

Sounds like they just made her already existing bipolar worse, which of course will happen when you try and treat a mental condition with a drug that isn’t approved to treat bipolar.

You are correct but I am dialed in with nutrition and supplementation, and I have always been concerned with it.

I spiraled when I realised that I was doing all of that shit but my ocd was still extremely severe as well as my addictive tendencies and anxiety which no matter what I did I couldn’t get rid of or dimmer down. For as long as I’ve known I’ve been addicted to something as well, like I’ve mentioned in some other threads. I have been seeing mental health people since about 7, and have prolonged trauma from my teenage years from school. For context, I am also diagnosed with adhd, high functioning autism, and my ocd is mostly of an existential, irreality, body image and harm type. So I struggle with depersonalisation/derealisation a lot as well as mood swings to name a few.

As for tests, since I am a hypochondriac and autistic (in the sense of how I view the world, myself and compartmentalise as well as navigate things. by others I’m still perceived as an NT normal jock type of guy) so I have had every test done under the sun (brain mri, spine mri, lumbar puncture, countless blood tests). I currently supplement with a methylated b-complex, magnesium, vitamin d + k2, and in the past I had even more of a stack but I still struggled with all of these things. Only recently I was put into the psych ward, where I was also supplementing with a methylated b-complex. With or without I haven’t seen too big of a change, so I’m not sure what to say about your point with methylation ocd. If there has been, I don’t notice it, only others can, even then that doesn’t help too much. Mental illness also runs very heavily in my family so that’s another thing.

Yes you are partly right about Luvox and prolactin and the fact that it has some negative effect on it can’t really be disputed because of its overall effects on the endocrine system. However, I have also read studies that showed fluvoxamine treatment didn’t significantly raise prolactin at all in some patients. Same goes for drugs like quetiapine which I’m also taking. But I’m not really worried about that since I’m on dexamphetamine, which even at 15mg reduces serum prolactin by almost 40%. What I supplement with and eat would also decrease it. I use nicotine too. fluvoxamine also increases prefrontal dopamine transmission and d2 receptor availability in the brain mainly through its effects on sigma-1 rather than 5-HT reuptake, and this is even true when combined with quetiapine.

My main concern is just with the effects Luvox has on hormones and how it leads to gi issues as well as a bunch of other side effects, so I’m going to talk with my gp and psych about potential ways to mitigate this. I think the best thing would be lower dose Luvox or a different antidepressant altogether that doesn’t have these endocrine disrupting effects, as well as something as a regular medication that modulates/increases dopamine and adrenaline in a better way, and possibly something anti-serotenergic and anti-adrenaline. Because I really don’t think my problems are to do with serotonin, but primarily excess nervous energy, cortisol, loneliness, and a wrecked dopamine and noradrenaline system. I can tell my psych is at least trying to find the right balance since he’s tried multiple benzos, drugs like clonidine, has recommended guanfacine, etc. and asked for a second opinion, where he got me on stimulants.

Essays.org

• JFL
SSRIs are serial killer pills. They fuck your brain up so hard get off this fucking jew pharma ASAP.

• +1
Reactions: strawberrymushroom

Cope he can do that shit easily

Last edited:

Wow you are definitely a lot more knowledgeable about this than I.

You seem incredibly intelligent and well-read too, its a shame that all this has been thrust upon you. I really admire as well the lengths you have gone to study and understand yourself, and to problem solve.

• +1

I can't tell you anything you don't already know unfortunately. You remind me of this meme though lol

• Love it
Wow you are definitely a lot more knowledgeable about this than I.

You seem incredibly intelligent and well-read too, its a shame that all this has been thrust upon you. I really admire as well the lengths you have gone to study and understand yourself, and to problem solve.
Thanks brother I appreciate it. Always good to be actually a part of my treatment the best I possibly can. Only way to actually get better. If you ever wanna know more about psych stuff since you said your girl has severe ocd as well feel free to pm me.

• +1