Still not sure if I should risk jaw surgery

Moldovancel

Moldovancel

Every Day is a Chance

Posted on reddit and people were saying it wasn’t worth it and to just get the ortho for my class 3 bite. But then others I DMed my soft tissue pics to said I lacked forward projection and I would benefit from an advancement with maybe CCW rotation to shorten my face (even though I think it doesn’t reduce the midface ratio?).

Honestly I feel torn between:
  1. Just doing ortho and only getting a better smile but no improvements to my face and just be content with it, focusing on other stuff
  2. Going through the hassle of doing the 3mm LF1 bluepilled surgeons offered me just to have no additional aesthetic improvements probably
  3. Look for another surgeon that would do a bigger movement/bimax that would ascend but risking dogmaxxing

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: normie_joe
normal face pic needed to judge

UPDATE
ok i’ve seen it… depends bro, you’re not really fucked up, you would benefit more by implants imo

• +1
Reactions: Moldovancel
you look like Gosling

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: tren_31, CarrotMaxxer and Moldovancel
normal face pic needed to judge

UPDATE
ok i’ve seen it… depends bro, you’re not really fucked up, you would benefit more by implants imo
Yeah, I don’t feel like I’m subhuman, just not as hot as some chadlites you see out there. That’s why I’m debating if surgery is really worth it. I would probably benefit more from focusing on gymmaxxing.
Implants are better for normal cases like mine ? Could do that with ortho. What implants specifically you thinking? Jaw, infras and paranasal ?

you look like Gosling
I’ve been told that already. Literally me. Probably the longer midface. Need to goslingmaxx

Last edited:
i think implants,
bimax wont ascend you imo

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe and Moldovancel
@RealSurgerymax what do you reckon ? Implants or jaw surgery needed ?

Just talked with my ortho about the surgery option: she said if I want it to be noticeable she could accentuate the class 3 underbite prior to surgery so the surgeon could move the maxilla more than just 3 mm and the midface would then not look recessed. (Combined with maxillary expansion to fix the transversal recession and get rid of buccal corridors)

I think, if I’m low-inhib enough for it, that would give the most natural improvement to my face. I’m afraid implants might look uncanny

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: womanfearer
@BlackpillRemedy

I think you'd benefit from LF1.

Posted on reddit and people were saying it wasn’t worth it and to just get the ortho for my class 3 bite. But then others I DMed my soft tissue pics to said I lacked forward projection and I would benefit from an advancement with maybe CCW rotation to shorten my face (even though I think it doesn’t reduce the midface ratio?).

Honestly I feel torn between:
  1. Just doing ortho and only getting a better smile but no improvements to my face and just be content with it, focusing on other stuff
  2. Going through the hassle of doing the 3mm LF1 bluepilled surgeons offered me just to have no additional aesthetic improvements probably
  3. Look for another surgeon that would do a bigger movement/bimax that would ascend but risking dogmaxxing

The cost, prep and recovery of a lefort will not give you a worthwhile return. You will likely be underwhelmed.

You are not sagitally as recessed to warrant a lefort.

I would fix the bite and look into filling out your under eyes with infras and/or a fat transfer, and some conservative jaw angle implants to make your jaw less rounded from the front.

Your nose is a bit upturned and your nostrils are on the bigger side. A lefort would make them worse, so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sodoku
The cost, prep and recovery of a lefort will not give you a worthwhile return. You will likely be underwhelmed.

You are not sagitally as recessed to warrant a lefort.

I would fix the bite and look into filling out your under eyes with infras and/or a fat transfer, and some conservative jaw angle implants to make your jaw less rounded from the front.

Your nose is a bit upturned and your nostrils are on the bigger side. A lefort would make them worse, so keep that in mind.
Man I feel so lost and divided. These are all valid points and I appreciate ur feedback I just don’t know anymore : some people tell me a lefort isn’t worth it and to just get ortho, even some surgeons I saw tell me it isn’t necessary. Cost isn’t really an issue though, a bimax costs the same price as getting braces here in France, but I get the prep and recovery.

And some others tell me I would benefit from a LF1 advancement (and maybe CCW) to fill the area above my upper lip that looks a bit recessed.

I definitely agree with you that my under eyes lack support, and I think that’s the reason for my dark circles. What about hyaluronic acid injection ? I’m just kinda hesitant with implants. I ‘ve been told they’re a pain in the ass to remove if you decide to.

Last edited:
  • +1
Man I feel so lost and divided. These are all valid points and I appreciate ur feedback I just don’t know anymore : some people tell me a lefort isn’t worth it and to just get ortho, even some surgeons I saw tell me it isn’t necessary.

And some others tell me I would benefit from a LF1 advancement (and maybe CCW) to fill the area above my upper lip that looks a bit recessed.

Let's say you get a 5mm lefort. 5mm for a lefort is substantial. That area will be fuller, but you will end up with wide nostrils and a more upturned nose. Are those worth it for you? You decide.

I definitely agree with you that my under eyes lack support, and I think that’s the reason for my dark circles. What about hyaluronic acid injection ? I’m just kinda hesitant with implants. I ‘ve been told they’re a pain in the ass to remove if you decide to.

I can't tell you on whether hyaluronic acid or a fat transfer is better for under eyes, because I haven't done extensive research on it myself.

You can give jaw filler a try if you don't want implants.

You can be more conservative if you think that's extreme.

From what I see, making your jaw more angular will have a better more masculine result than filling out your nasolabial area with a lefort (which can also have undesired outcomes).

It's your face, you decide what you want.

• +1
Let's say you get a 5mm lefort. 5mm for a lefort is substantial. That area will be fuller, but you will end up with wide nostrils and a more upturned nose. Are those worth it for you? You decide.

I can't tell you on whether hyaluronic acid or a fat transfer is better for under eyes, because I haven't done extensive research on it myself.

You can give jaw filler a try if you don't want implants.

You can be more conservative if you think that's extreme.

From what I see, making your jaw more angular will have a better more masculine result than filling out your nasolabial area with a lefort (which can also have undesired outcomes).

It's your face, you decide what you want.

I see. Thanks

What about ears? Would I get more out of my bank focusing on jaw angle, filling my under eye?

• +1
I see. Thanks

What about ears? Would I get more out of my bank focusing on jaw angle, filling my under eye?

Your ears stick but I didn't notice till you mentioned it. Does it bother you?

Remember a big aspect of cosmetic surgery is to make you feel confident. Don't do a single procedure because I said so. If you feel "meh" towards jaw angle and ecstatic with the results of lefort, get the lefort.

• Love it

Remember a big aspect of cosmetic surgery is to make you feel confident. Don't do a single procedure because I said so. If you feel "meh" towards jaw angle and ecstatic with the results of lefort, get the lefort.
does a lefort 1 change the philtrum size?

I see. Honestly sometimes it bothers me, sometimes it doesnt. I feel like I look better with a hoodie on and my ears don’t show.

So when it comes to the lefort results, my nasolabial area would basically look a bit more like that ? (me on the right)
IMG 6122
IMG 6142

Also saw my surgeon today. He quoted me 3.5k for my ears.
When I asked him about fillers he was skeptical and told me my jawline looked fine, but he could do 0.5 ml on each side to make it more pronounced.
Also he doesn’t do fillers for under eyes, only zygos. And he warned me it could make me look more feminine.
Could try that instead of implants.
But I still gotta find a way to make my under eye area look less flat, cause I don’t think a lefort 1 will solve it. Probably implants is the only way (other than lf2, lf3).

Last edited:
  • +1