Study on craniofacial development

So don’t mouth breathe and chew hard food

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Decreased muscle volumes in the masseter and medial ptery- goid were associated with increased anterior facial height and decreased facial width.165,166 Increased masseter muscle thickness measured on ultrasound was associated with a decreased anterior facial height, increased posterior facial height, increased mandibu- lar length, decreased mandibular plane angle, and decreased gonial angle, as well as increased maxillary intermolar width, bizygo- matic widths, and increased overall facial width.167–172 Greater masseter, temporalis, and medial pterygoid muscle CSAs were associated with decreased anterior facial height, increased facial width, increased mandibular length, decreased gonial angle, and decreased mandibular plane angle.173–175

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1
Bump. This is good stuff. Read it

chew hard food

could 30minutes of chewing these after lunch do the job? (1 in each molar)
I'm already trying to incorporate more hard foods (mainly meat) in my diet but it's not hard enough imo

(after lunch so my body doesn't unnecessarily produces acid)

View attachment 1780437
could 30minutes of chewing these after lunch do the job? (1 in each molar)
I'm already trying to incorporate more hard foods (mainly meat) in my diet but it's not hard enough imo

(after lunch so my body doesn't unnecessarily produces acid)
Dunno. Some have seen improvements I think. But chewing gum that’s not too hard throughout the day and then very tough food. I don’t think you should overdo it

I have been to orthos who say mouthbreathing is bad and causes xyz problems. then I talk about tongue posture without even mentioning terms like mewing and they look perplexed, call it sudo-science. I have never asked them what I should have which is what about mouth breathing causes xyz problems. lol

Decreased muscle volumes in the masseter and medial ptery- goid were associated with increased anterior facial height and decreased facial width.165,166 Increased masseter muscle thickness measured on ultrasound was associated with a decreased anterior facial height, increased posterior facial height, increased mandibu- lar length, decreased mandibular plane angle, and decreased gonial angle, as well as increased maxillary intermolar width, bizygo- matic widths, and increased overall facial width.167–172 Greater masseter, temporalis, and medial pterygoid muscle CSAs were associated with decreased anterior facial height, increased facial width, increased mandibular length, decreased gonial angle, and decreased mandibular plane angle.173–175
so basically chewing does increase what? ...