Sudden uptick in strength

M

Mealworm

Solstice
Recently, I discovered I can do 70 pushups in a row before feeling tired. Just a month ago, I could only manage 25, so the improvement feels significant. Surprisingly, I haven’t been hitting the gym or lifting weights. Despite slacking off, I’ve noticed a significant increase in strength and even leaner physique without consciously changing my diet.

I don't know what's happening, but this is new. Does anybody know what might be happening? Could it be a hormone issue?

And by the way, I make it sound like I lift weights or go to the gym, but I have never picked up a weight in my life. Just clarifying lmao

I don't know if this might be related, but I've had severe insomnia when all of this was setting in, and I'm still struggling

I don't know if this might be related, but I've had severe insomnia when all of this was setting in, and I'm still struggling
I don't think I've had more than 5 hours of sleep this past week, and yet I still managed to do 70 pushups? I don't feel tired, but when I do, it's just an overwhelming wave of tiredness

Recently, I discovered I can do 70 pushups in a row before feeling tired. Just a month ago, I could only manage 25, so the improvement feels significant. Surprisingly, I haven’t been hitting the gym or lifting weights. Despite slacking off, I’ve noticed a significant increase in strength and even leaner physique without consciously changing my diet.

I don't know what's happening, but this is new. Does anybody know what might be happening? Could it be a hormone issue?
There's a few things. There's mind muscle connection, and the fact that your brain is learning how to do the exercise better. Its something that you'll find in general with exercise. You'll find this if you do, say, a heap of squats, your form will improve as you do it and it'll get easier despite maybe not trying as hard.

You could also be cheating and need to check your form

There's a few things. There's mind muscle connection, and the fact that your brain is learning how to do the exercise better. Its something that you'll find in general with exercise. You'll find this if you do, say, a heap of squats, your form will improve as you do it and it'll get easier despite maybe not trying as hard.

You could also be cheating and need to check your form
I haven't been doing pushups at all recently. Just a week ago, out of boredom, I decided to see how many I could do and was amazed to find I could manage 70. The other time I attempted pushups was the month before, and then I could only do about 25 or so

Anybody...