the apex of the jaw as seen from the font, or why jaw implants usually look like shit

longjohnmong

longjohnmong

Kraken
This is a follow up to this thread I made:

My contention is that the apex of the jaw as seen from the front is not the most outward part of the gonia but the peak of the masseter muscle, which is quite a bit higher and more forward than the gonia. Thus, a good jaw from the front would be someone with good bony support but also someone who has a masseter with a distinct peak.

If you don't know, different people have differently shaped muscles due to insertions and other stuff probably. For instance:

Your genetics will no doubt play a role in your ability to get prominent bicep peaks. Some biceps are genetically longer, and some are shorter. A shorter muscle belly means that the tendon that attaches the bicep to the forearm starts earlier.

So trying to create a nice pointy jaw from the front by creating an extremely flared gonia is retarded and probably why so many jaw implant results look like shit. It's also why Tom Cruise's jaw seems to appear and disappear depending on the photo - it's the state of his masseter. As I've proven previously, Tom never had jaw implants:

In conclusion, I'm the smartest. Everyone else is retarded.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: wollet2, Allornothing, Axii and 1 other person
are u typing long threads because ur name is chinese. or are you chinese because of how u write long threads

This is a follow up to this thread I made:

My contention is that the apex of the jaw as seen from the front is not the most outward part of the gonia but the peak of the masseter muscle, which is quite a bit higher and more forward than the gonia. Thus, a good jaw from the front would be someone with good bony support but also someone who has a masseter with a distinct peak.

If you don't know, different people have differently shaped muscles due to insertions and other stuff probably. For instance:

So trying to create a nice pointy jaw from the front by creating an extremely flared gonia is retarded and probably why so many jaw implant results look like shit. It's also why Tom Cruise's jaw seems to appear and disappear depending on the photo - it's the state of his masseter. As I've proven previously, Tom never had jaw implants:

View attachment 2812477

In conclusion, I'm the smartest. Everyone else is retarded.
water

good thread though for the morons
:feelsokman:

Edit:

would like to add to OP's thought process

We all know O'pry has inward gonions which make it a little smaller than prefered but when he clenches such as in my AVI his massater peak is much higher and horizontaly set than his gonia which makes it look like he has a more impressive hollow than he should

@longjohnmong good shit

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: i_love_roosters
Is it water when surgeons are still designing implants with ridiculously flared gonia when it's not even the gonia that give that pointed appearance from the front?

userimage-1175240.jpg

My contention is that when most people look at that picture they see flared gonia and an antegonial notch, but in actuality you're looking at his masseter and know nothing about the bone structure. He may or may not have flared gonia and an antegonial notch. I'm not 100% sure I'm right. Need more data.

• +1
Reactions: wollet2, It'snotover and Axii
You’re getting confused. It’s nothing to do with the masseter muscle. The “peak” is at the gonion, and then the jawline comes down and towards the viewer following the gonial angle, creating the illusion that the actual gonion is lower than that apparent “peak”.

Basically, that “peak” is just the back of the gonion. It’s a 3D illusion.

Last edited: