The problem with avoiding sun for anti-ageing

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

seriousmaxxing , only talk serious
Sun avoidance is a common behavior among anti-agers, for it is commonly believed that the UV induces skin ageing (photoageing). I agree with this, I think it’s very probable that sunlight ages the skin.

The problem with sun avoidance is that not getting much sun is extremely unnatural, and as a general rule anything unnatural has consequences even if it does indeed confer some advantage. I highly doubt that any centenarians or very long lived people were fanatical sun avoiders. In All the known regions exhibiting exceptional longevity, the people go outside everyday in the sun much more than western man.

By avoiding sun for anti-ageing, you may be slowing ageing of the skin, but is slowing skin ageing a bit even worth it if it accelerates ageing internally? Take an old man and give him good skin and yet he still looks old. The problem with sun avoidance is that you are makeing your life an experiment.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: nosauce, SkullDynamics, T50 Mogger and 13 others

thats why skincare is pointless in my opinion or avoiding sun strictly for skin,because there is soo many 70 year olds without wrinkles and they still look exactly there age,you will always look your bioligcal age of your organs,plus even if you could fraud just skin at 70 is it really worth it with bad eyesidght and a slow brain? PPL should focus less on skin and more optimizing organs SO YOU ACTUAL LOOK young not an old look with no wrinkles

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, A23ghskung, gravlek and 5 others
I do daily outdoor hikes for an hour, Im 32 but people think Im younger. Basically Ive had low intensity daily sun exposure.

I think we should separate that from what Ill call Career Sun Exposure, like this woman who boats all day where even dark Germanic skin gets beat up

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and Youㅤ
avoiding sun is mandatory for all non-whites

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: disheartenedcel, agoostis, aestheticsrespecter and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel and bradpittshairline
I do daily outdoor hikes for an hour, Im 32 but people think Im younger. Basically Ive had low intensity daily sun exposure.

I think we should separate that from what Ill call Career Sun Exposure, like this woman who boats all day where even dark Germanic skin gets beat up

Hikeing is the most natural activity, I do grounding while naturemaxxing. Careers with lots of sun exposure is probably harmful considering you can’t be grounded + it’s long hours of exposure which is especially bad if you have pale skin living in a hot region.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and Agendum
Sun is good for you and I look 16 at 28 because I’ve never worn sunscreen in my life. Fuck Bill Gates

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: bronzeagepervert, ALP, BrahminBoss and 3 others
Why worry about ageing lol. Just do something meaningful and die at 50 like all great people

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: ALP and mvp2v1
Do you have any sources for sun avoidance causing damage to internal organs? It's not scientific to say that something must be bad because it's unnatural without providing evidence. Preventing aging is itself unnatural anyway. I'm aware of 2 main health benefits to sun exposure: vitamin D and mental well-being. But I quickly looked them up online. See below for lists of benefits of the sun and of vitamin D:

Several of the benefits from each overlap, so I think it's logical to assume that most of the health benefits from the sun are really the benefits of vitamin D. And if that's true, then literally the only benefit to being out in the sun is to feel happy. So the question is: Is consuming vitamin D supplements as good as getting vitamin D from the sun? If the answer is yes, then I'd rather take supplements if necessary. Why? Because the main drawbacks of excessive sun exposure are skin aging and skin cancer. UV rays change the DNA in your cells (i.e. DNA damage, which is one of the hallmarks of aging).
So for the benefits, we need studies that show whether taking vitamin D supplements are equivalent to getting vitamin D from sun exposure. I'll look into this more later.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: agoostis, tombradylover, Debetro and 4 others
It’s irrelevant.

Wear a t-shirt or shorts and get your sun on a place that isn’t your precious facial skin. Always wear sunscreen on face.

• +1
Reactions: risque_dew, ALP and bradpittshairline

Look at 13:05

She got bad boobs

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter
Do you have any sources for sun avoidance causing damage to internal organs? It's not scientific to say that something must be bad because it's unnatural without providing evidence. Preventing aging is itself unnatural anyway. I'm aware of 2 main health benefits to sun exposure: vitamin D and mental well-being. But I quickly looked them up online. See below for lists of benefits of the sun and of vitamin D:
View attachment 2722723View attachment 2722724
Several of the benefits from each overlap, so I think it's logical to assume that most of the health benefits from the sun are really the benefits of vitamin D. And if that's true, then literally the only benefit to being out in the sun is to feel happy. So the question is: Is consuming vitamin D supplements as good as getting vitamin D from the sun? If the answer is yes, then I'd rather take supplements if necessary. Why? Because the main drawbacks of excessive sun exposure are skin aging and skin cancer. UV rays change the DNA in your cells (i.e. DNA damage, which is one of the hallmarks of aging).
So for the benefits, we need studies that show whether taking vitamin D supplements are equivalent to getting vitamin D from sun exposure. I'll look into this more later.
its scientific to speculate that unnatural things have consequences based on probability and evolutionary logic. no i dont have sources.

one benefit of sunlight is the red and near infrared radiation

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and mvp2v1
no, unnatural things arent bad for you

there are no downsides to avoiding the sun

• Hmm...
Reactions: agoostis
Being exposed to the sun have many benefits health wise. First it regulates your circadian rhytms wich It's something mandatory to have a quality sleep and reduce cortisol (both extremely important factors to decelerate aging). Then it makes you absorb vitamin D which is really not a vitamin but a hormone, and it's so important for testosterone, avoid cardiac problems, etc. And yes, it's the best source for that: food doesn't contain it in a large amount and suplements don't get absorved much in the body. So yes, it's a no brainer to be exposed to the sun for having a good quality of life and longetivity. If you want to absorv it without the risks of aging your skin, just use a hat and sfp ( one without harmful chemicals, chech the app skin bliss for avoiding bad components). You can absorb it with any part of your skin so you avoid facial skin aging, which is the fastest and most notable related to sun sexposure. Also download the app Dminder to absorb the necesary amount of vit c whithout being overexposed to the sun and in the right hours.

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
I also wanted to add that although sun ages you , it's overstimated (not that you shouldn't protect yourself from it though). There's this false fact that many people believe that 80 % of your skin aging is due to your sun exposure, which it isn't. The real fact is that it somehow intervenes in 80% of the processes that ages your skin. That doesn't mean that it is the main and only factor in those proceses. Also if it was as significant as people believe in skin aging, extremely sun deprived people (like long terms victims of kidnapping) wouldn't have aged as bad as they did

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
Sun avoidance is a common behavior among anti-agers, for it is commonly believed that the UV induces skin ageing (photoageing). I agree with this, I think it’s very probable that sunlight ages the skin.

The problem with sun avoidance is that not getting much sun is extremely unnatural, and as a general rule anything unnatural has consequences even if it does indeed confer some advantage. I highly doubt that any centenarians or very long lived people were fanatical sun avoiders. In All the known regions exhibiting exceptional longevity, the people go outside everyday in the sun much more than western man.

By avoiding sun for anti-ageing, you may be slowing ageing of the skin, but is slowing skin ageing a bit even worth it if it accelerates ageing internally? Take an old man and give him good skin and yet he still looks old. The problem with sun avoidance is that you are makeing your life an experiment.
Just use a lot of sunscreen

JFL, how old you look like and what's your biological age/body's age, how long you will live have barely anything to do with each other! 😂

You can be old looking compared to the people of your age during your whole life and still make it to 100, while you can be relatively young looking and die early. What I am saying is aging your skin with the sun doesn't age your body biologically, doesn't age your organs!

If you look aged from sun damage, that doesn't make you die early , if you didn't get skin cancer from it. A million other things effect how your body ages, that barely effect your looks.

• Hmm...
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL
I also wanted to add that although sun ages you , it's overstimated (not that you shouldn't protect yourself from it though). There's this false fact that many people believe that 80 % of your skin aging is due to your sun exposure, which it isn't. The real fact is that it somehow intervenes in 80% of the processes that ages your skin. That doesn't mean that it is the main and only factor in those proceses. Also if it was as significant as people believe in skin aging, extremely sun deprived people (like long terms victims of kidnapping) wouldn't have aged as bad as they did
exactly , we dont know how much different doses of sun would age skin ,80% is 80 of parameters affected doesnt say magnitude of affection

And yes, it's the best source for that: food doesn't contain it in a large amount and suplements don't get absorved much in the body. So yes, it's a no brainer to be exposed to the sun for having a good quality of life and longetivity. If you want to absorv it without the risks of aging your skin, just use a hat and sfp ( one without harmful chemicals, chech the app skin bliss for avoiding bad components).
i assume d3 works , for vitamin d at least . but not provides other benefits of sun like red light , circadian regulation

If you want to absorv it without the risks of aging your skin, just use a hat and sfp ( one without harmful chemicals, chech the app skin bliss for avoiding bad components).
i know of no non-harmful sunscreen , sunscreen age skin

You can absorb it with any part of your skin so you avoid facial skin aging, which is the fastest and most notable related to sun sexposure.
protect hands and neck

JFL, how old you look like and what's your biological age/body's age, how long you will live have barely anything to do with each other! 😂

You can be old looking compared to the people of your age during your whole life and still make it to 100, while you can be relatively young looking and die early. What I am saying is aging your skin with the sun doesn't age your body biologically, doesn't age your organs!

If you look aged from sun damage, that doesn't make you die early , if you didn't get skin cancer from it. A million other things effect how your body ages, that barely effect your looks.
cope , lifespan potential has to do with rate of ageing . cant live long if ur old too soon. and theage u look is similar to biological age , if u look old , over .

skin is an important organ , sun exposure good for health , doesnt mean skin health doesnt matter or that the ageing of skin is benign

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL
cope , lifespan potential has to do with rate of ageing . cant live long if ur old too soon. and theage u look is similar to biological age , if u look old , over .

skin is an important organ , sun exposure good for health , doesnt mean skin health doesnt matter or that the ageing of skin is benign

It's not that black and white. So you say just because every people say I look 5-7 years younger, than my age, I will probably live longer too?

I am not photoaging my skin, avoiding the sun as much, as I can. And everyone say I look way younger.

• +1
Reactions: ALP
exactly , we dont know how much different doses of sun would age skin ,80% is 80 of parameters affected doesnt say magnitude of affection

i assume d3 works , for vitamin d at least . but not provides other benefits of sun like red light , circadian regulation

i know of no non-harmful sunscreen , sunscreen age skin

protect hands and neck
Why protect hands and neck?

Retard

• +1
I use a good SPF 50+ every morning even with the sky is cloudy and tret from skinorac every night and it helps

• +1

Why don’t we just wear sunscreen daily and get sun exposure, isn’t that the best of both worlds?

sun actually reverses ageing
niggas that use sun blockers or avoid sun are pussies and retards

• Hmm...
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: ALP, laaltin, gooner888 and 1 other person

Sun benefits beyond vitamin D:

UV-A

increase nitric oxide which is good for heart health

UV-B

https://chriskresser.com/vitamin-d-more-is-not-better/

Indeed, humans make several important peptide and hormone “photoproducts” when our skin is exposed to the UVB wavelength of sunlight (22). These include:
  • β-Endorphin: a natural opiate that induces relaxation and increases pain tolerance (23, 24)
  • Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide: a vasodilator that protects against hypertension, vascular inflammation, and oxidative stress (25)
  • Substance P: a neuropeptide that promotes blood flow and regulates the immune system in response to acute stressors (26)
  • Adrenocorticotropic Hormone: a polypeptide hormone that controls cortisol release by the adrenal glands, thus regulating the immune system and inflammation (27)
  • Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone: a polypeptide hormone that reduces appetite, increases libido, and is also responsible for increased skin pigmentation (27)

Infrared (& red)

infrared seems to be good for a thousand things:

https://vielight.com/photobiomodulation/

At the cellular level, visible red and near infrared light energy stimulates cells to generate more energy and undergo self-repair. Each cell has mitochondria, which perform the function of producing cellular energy called “ATP”. This production process involves the respiratory chain. A mitochondrial enzyme called cytochrome oxidase c then accepts photonic energy when functioning below par.
Pathways
  • NO (Nitric Oxide)
  • ROS (Reactive Oxygen Series) → PKD (gene) → IkB (Inhibitor κB) + NF-κB (nuclear factor κB) → NF-κB (nuclear factor κB stimulates gene transcription)
  • ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) → cAMP (catabolite activator protein) → Jun/Fos (oncogenic transcription factors) → AP-1 (activator protein transcription factor stimulates gene transcription)
Article summarizing most of the research in the field:

https://valtsus.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-therapeutic-effects-of-red-and-near.html

Short summary of some of the benefits:

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/infrared-radiation-benefits/

1) Infrared Radiation Reduces Inflammation
2) Infrared Radiation May Speed Up Wound Healing
3) Infrared Radiation May Help Treat Cancer
4) Infrared Radiation Helps Improve Exercise and Recovery
5) Infrared Radiation Improves Circulation
6) Infrared Radiation Protects the Heart
7) Infrared Radiation Treats Diabetic Complications
8) Infrared Radiation Improves Mood
9) Infrared Radiation Treats Hay Fever

Bright light

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4254760/

Light as a central modulator of circadian rhythms, sleep and affect
Irregular light environments lead to problems in circadian rhythms and sleep, which eventually cause mood and learning deficits. Recently, it was found that irregular light can also directly impact mood and learning without producing major disruptions in circadian rhythms and sleep.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC543845/

What is the optimal implementation of bright light therapy for seasonal affective disorder (SAD)?
The dose of light that has proved to be the most beneficial is 5000 lux hours per day, which could take the form of, for example, 10 000 lux for one half-hour each morning. Most studies indicate that early morning treatment (before 8 am) is optimal.

• Ugh..
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ALP, rubberduck and Youㅤ
TLDR: Enjoy the sun as long as it feels good, stop stressing about it. Use natooral sunscreen on your face or somewhere you know you're going to burn if you're going to work outside or something and can't avoid the sun for a duration of time.

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: ALP and rubberduck
TLDR: Enjoy the sun as long as it feels good, stop stressing about it. Use natooral sunscreen on your face or somewhere you know you're going to burn if you're going to work outside or something and can't avoid the sun for a duration of time.
also , UVB induces lumisterol production which D3 supps lack

IMO , avoid window sunlight . it filters UVB but the UVA still penetrates through to age skin

• +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel
That’s why there are supplements to get what you aren’t getting from the sun like vit d, stop with this Neanderthal thinking of if it’s natural it must be good

• +1
Old people with no wrinkles look their age largely because of elastin which degrades with sun exposure

• +1

58+ years old sun-loving mogger like Brad Pitt. Just have bones and don't burn

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: ALP, rubberduck and Youㅤ

hes based

supports my idea that window sun -> dangerous , it blocks UVB completely but not all the UVA

sunscreen is bad , the question remains what dosage of sunlight is optimal for anti ageing ? if ur going for short term healthmaxxing then the more sun the better if u dont burn , but IMO i suspect skin ageing from sun doesnt just age skin but other tissues as well . every tissue is connected and important

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: ALP and Schizoidcel

Do you even know how many people get regular sun exposure and still age like shit?

Confirmation bias.

Do you even know how many people get regular sun exposure and still age like shit?

Confirmation bias.
hes saying its an anecdote to support that u wont necessarily age badly with sun exposure like some people believe

• +1
Reactions: Zain202, Schizoidcel and Allornothing
hes saying its an anecdote to support that u wont necessarily age badly with sun exposure like some people believe
True. It could mean they’re completely unrelated. More likely the guy just has great genes though.

Anthony joshua looks 24-25 at 34 , we need to learn how, one thing i see is people with big teeths and small square skull looks young a lot,