The secret to gym (Gymcels GTFIH)

not.curry

not.curry

Urdu > Punjabi, Pashto, Hindi, Sindhi
I've been going to gym since 3/4 years, started when I was 14. But I was extremely inconsistent cause of studies.

While following the 3 sets per exercise, 5/6 days a week, I saw some great results in the start which were obviously beginner gains. However, there was a point where gaining strength became extremely extremely hard and I felt what I was doing wasn't effective.

Some months ago, I started doing research and saw Mike Metnzer's method which was basically training with high intensity.According to Mentzer, training should be brief, infrequent and intense. All you need to do is do the required amount of exercise to stimulate growth, then rest and eat well to gain muscles.

Jfl at the normies thinking the more you train the more big you become :lul:

Mentzer adviced to do 1 set to complete failure (with added negatives). If you think it's not enough then do 2 sets to failure but jfl don't do 3 sets, it'll be too much fatigue. Training high intensity + high volume is the most retarded thing one can do.Most normies ignore recovery which is extremely important.

I only go to gym 3 days a week but train with extreme intensity. I do only 1 set but experimented with 2 sets as well, my observation was that I saw better results with 1 set.

As for the results I got, I never expected huge results because my diet is extremely bad. I can't really afford to eat much nutritious diets. But I still got very good results, my strength went up and I started to lift much much heavier weights. The first month I saw the best results honestly. But obv if you don't have a good diet, your strength increase and muscle increase will become slow. Though I do gain minor increase in strength every workout (which over a period of time results in a good strength increase)

As a person who's done both volume training and high intensity training, the benefits for doing high intensity are
1. Takes less time, you can even complete your workout in 30 minutes
2. You don't need to go 7 days a week, 3/4 days is enough
3. Same results as those training 2 hours 7 days a week

waiting for arnoldcels to say "muh you need to do 4 sets to grow muscles" :lul:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker, Mog3D, TheAnomaly and 8 others
dnr gym and muscles is cope

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: EzikoIsHere, LooksThinker, curriemaxxer and 9 others
A big part of the body building industry unfortunately is lying to your enemies so they do not succeeed

Mike mentzer was the biggest lyer and fraud in all body building history, tricking people into thinking they could build more muscle by doing less exercise, he actually did 5+ hours a day himself and used steroids and crystal meth for pre workout

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: sayi, JawMogger, EzikoIsHere and 19 others
Wrong, first step is to take roids

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: JawMogger, ItsOverCel, LooksThinker and 6 others
training for size is a fucking meme,

guys like the kavadlo brothers, paul wade, Pavel Tsatsouline, Logan Christopher, all know training for strength while keeping muscle mass as small as possible is the way to go and the best for functionality

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ominion, LooksThinker, n9wiff and 1 other person
A big part of the body building industry unfortunately is lying to your enemies so they do not succeeed
Agreed.
Mike mentzer was the biggest lyer and fraud in all body building history, tricking people into thinking they could build more muscle by doing less exercise, he actually did 5+ hours a day himself and used steroids and crystal meth for pre workout
He did take meth but at that time, meth wasn't considered as harmful and in fact, bodybuilders except mike took it as well. As for him doing 5+ hours a day, he did accept that in his early days he did that. But later on he didn't, of course he took steroids so his recovery ability was higher. He did do more than 1 set and more than 3 days a week, however, he also trained natural clients with the stuff he said (1 set, 3 days a week) and they did see good results.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
i love trenbolone acetate

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: socialcel and not.curry

guys like the kavadlo brothers, paul wade, Pavel Tsatsouline, Logan Christopher, all know training for strength while keeping muscle mass as small as possible is the way to go and the best for functionality
So according to you, one must only do strength training?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ominion and Sprinkles
So according to you, one must only do strength training?

yes

train for strength and explosiveness

and do martial arts like judo bjj and boxing

bodybuilding is for homos

• +1
yes

train for strength and explosiveness

and do martial arts like judo bjj and boxing

bodybuilding is for homos
Understandable. will strength training also provide with good muscles growth? (Have heard that strength increase = potential muscle increase)

Understandable. will strength training also provide with good muscles growth? (Have heard that strength increase = potential muscle increase)

yes.

do progressive calisthenics along with your weight strength training.

read convict conditioning and complete calisthenics and check calisthenics tutorials on YouTube.

yes.

do progressive calisthenics along with your weight strength training.

read convict conditioning and complete calisthenics and check calisthenics tutorials on YouTube.
Thanks, appreciate your answer. Will look into it.

Just do a few sets of max weight you can lift with 5-6 reps and then do some accessories.

exmpl:
chest
incline/ 1set warm up-3sets 5-6reps with max weight
flat bench/ 2sets of 5-6reps with max weight
fly/ 2 sets until you feel the pump
dips/ until you feel like dying

• +1
Reactions: not.curry, autistic_tendencies and Chinacurry
I've been going to gym since 3/4 years, started when I was 14. But I was extremely inconsistent cause of studies.

While following the 3 sets per exercise, 5/6 days a week, I saw some great results in the start which were obviously beginner gains. However, there was a point where gaining strength became extremely extremely hard and I felt what I was doing wasn't effective.

Some months ago, I started doing research and saw Mike Metnzer's method which was basically training with high intensity.According to Mentzer, training should be brief, infrequent and intense. All you need to do is do the required amount of exercise to stimulate growth, then rest and eat well to gain muscles.

Mentzer adviced to do 1 set to complete failure (with added negatives). If you think it's not enough then do 2 sets to failure but jfl don't do 3 sets, it'll be too much fatigue. Training high intensity + high volume is the most retarded thing one can do.Most normies ignore recovery which is extremely important.

I only go to gym 3 days a week but train with extreme intensity. I do only 1 set but experimented with 2 sets as well, my observation was that I saw better results with 1 set.

As for the results I got, I never expected huge results because my diet is extremely bad. I can't really afford to eat much nutritious diets. But I still got very good results, my strength went up and I started to lift much much heavier weights. The first month I saw the best results honestly. But obv if you don't have a good diet, your strength increase and muscle increase will become slow. Though I do gain minor increase in strength every workout (which over a period of time results in a good strength increase)

As a person who's done both volume training and high intensity training, the benefits for doing high intensity are

High iq but problem why it won't work for most people is they don't know what true failure is

• Love it
Reactions: not.curry
dnr pick up and put down heavy things theory

• +1
Reactions: Framemogger69 and Spergi
High iq but problem why it won't work for most people is they don't know what true failure is
Yeah I agree with you. I honestly think High intensity is suitable for the people who have a training partner. When you reach positive failure (which means you can't lift the weight), you still have the energy to lower the weight in a controlled movement.

• +1
Reactions: szolliontaraelis

I've been doing it for a while. Slow progress but it's showing.

• +1
Reactions: not.curry and autistic_tendencies
Never understood the Mike Mentzer hype that came back recently, don't get me wrong the guys jacked but studies everywhere indicate more and more sets yield better results. My personal favorite channel to go to is Renaissance Periodization. I also never spent more than 1hr 15m lifting

• +1
Reactions: Ricochet

My problem is what's the point of training to be strong? I'd rather look like I can lift 400lb than actually be able too lol. I fucked my back up bad powerlifting I regret not going into bb sooner.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ItsOverCel and Sprinkles
Yeah I agree with you. I honestly think High intensity is suitable for the people who have a training partner. When you reach positive failure (which means you can't lift the weight), you still have the energy to lower the weight in a controlled movement.
Yes. You can’t achieve true failure with free weights unless you have a partner. Just ask someone to spot you when you are benching and shiet. I personally can do 5 reps of 100kg incline but with a partner it goes up to the 7-8 range and the chest pump is insane.

• +1
My problem is what's the point of training to be strong? I'd rather look like I can lift 400lb than actually be able too lol. I fucked my back up bad powerlifting I regret not going into bb sooner.

So you can fuck niggas up that’s why

What do u mean by that?
Cos the mentzer approach is about going to absolute failure, idea being to traumatized the muscle, and then giving lot of recovery.

True failure is something most people don't know how to go to, and on many things, like bench, u need a spotter.

Plus true failure on compound exercises is only for really elite lifters, cos ur limited by ur weakest part for most of us, so the rest won't get to true failure. Think of a deadlift for example, it uses loads of muscles, but u prob gonna hit true failure, even if u can get there on say ur forearms or ur glutes before on ur lower back or legs, so those won't get to true failure anyway.

That's why I do this approach sometimes but only on certain isolation stuff or pull ups

• +1
Reactions: not.curry, autistic_tendencies and FBl
mentzer approach is a scam

• +1
Mike o Hearn power body building
Lift for longevity

Never understood the Mike Mentzer hype that came back recently, don't get me wrong the guys jacked but studies everywhere indicate more and more sets yield better results. My personal favorite channel to go to is Renaissance Periodization. I also never spent more than 1hr 15m lifting
Yes mike was wrong with some things. However, his basic principles of training (which is, training should be highly intense and that intensity matters more than volume) is something which I think everyone can agree on. Higher sets do provide better hypertrophy but rest should also be taken into consideration.

I actually experimented with various training, one thing which I experimented was doing 2 sets of very high intensity (I normally do 1 set). What I noticed was that I required more recovery time. It's like 2 sets do generate better muscles but you also require more rest.

• +1
Reactions: TheRagingBull
Cos the mentzer approach is about going to absolute failure, idea being to traumatized the muscle, and then giving lot of recovery.

True failure is something most people don't know how to go to, and on many things, like bench, u need a spotter.

Plus true failure on compound exercises is only for really elite lifters, cos ur limited by ur weakest part for most of us, so the rest won't get to true failure. Think of a deadlift for example, it uses loads of muscles, but u prob gonna hit true failure, even if u can get there on say ur forearms or ur glutes before on ur lower back or legs, so those won't get to true failure anyway.

That's why I do this approach sometimes but only on certain isolation stuff or pull ups
Good answer and agree with you

This is water even by bluepill standards you fucking cuck this isnt a groundbreaking discovery

Obviously if your train for strength youll get stronger

Mentzer method (while it "works") has been debunked in various ways (pm for links)

This is water even by bluepill standards you fucking cuck this isnt a groundbreaking discovery

Obviously if your train for strength youll get stronger

Mentzer method (while it "works") has been debunked in various ways (pm for links)
Are you retarded? Most normies don't even know the difference between strength training fuck off my thread

Are you retarded? Most normies don't even know the difference between strength training fuck off my thread
Rep schemes are probably the first thing you learn when you research muscle and strength theory

Just because you saw ur fav influencer do mentzer doenst mean its foolproof

U are most def not qualified to give advice stop larping like you are

Rep schemes are probably the first thing you learn when you research muscle and strength theory

Just because you saw ur fav influencer do mentzer doenst mean its foolproof
Yeah mike is wrong about things, I'm not his fan boy jfl. The thing is though, intensity matters more than volume.
U are most def not qualified to give advice stop larping like you are
Stfu many people keep doing that 7 days a week 2 hours a day and think if they'll train less than that then they won't grow muscle

Yeah mike is wrong about things, I'm not his fan boy jfl. The thing is though, intensity matters more than volume.

Stfu many people keep doing that 7 days a week 2 hours a day and think if they'll train less than that then they won't grow muscle
Fax

• Love it

I 100 percent guarantee I am bigger and leaner than you

Good thread. Lyle Mcdonald wrote whole series about true failure and how 99% never reached it. Destroyed Israetel and Shoenfield's workout to"failure"
https://bodyrecomposition.com/training/what-is-muscular-failure-failing-to-fail

• Love it
Good thread. Lyle Mcdonald wrote whole series about true failure and how 99% never reached it. Destroyed Israetel and Shoenfield's workout to"failure"
https://bodyrecomposition.com/training/what-is-muscular-failure-failing-to-fail
Thanks and I'll look into it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1709255375.mov
    8.3 MB
“Retarded” as always
going to the gym is the result of an underdeloped bone structure, mainly height and clavicle, obviously caused by a poor slave diet. no purpose in going to the gym when you have good bone development

• JFL
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates
going to the gym is the result of an underdeloped bone structure, mainly height and clavicle, obviously caused by a poor slave diet. no purpose in going to the gym when you have good bone development
classic untrained chad - gymmaxed incel discussion

Attachments

• images (16).jpg
    images (16).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
That’s because you are a:
i'm 6 foot tall... if i was shorter i would be the one overcompensating with gymcelling, most bodybuilders are turbomanlets
and you basically just admitted gym is cope by calling me a manlet and saying gym doesnt work if you had shit genes anyway, yet to see you make an argument tho

• +1
Reactions: totototo
gymcels are the turbomanlets bhai keep coping (also im 6,3)
You’re not 6’3 i can tell you that now. You’re coping.
i'm 6 foot tall... if i was shorter i would be the one overcompensating with gymcelling, most bodybuilders are turbomanlets
and you basically just admitted gym is cope by calling me a manlet and saying gym doesnt work if you had shit genes anyway, yet to see you make an argument tho
dnrd

• +1
Reactions: totototo
plenty of mentzers stuff is outdated just like arnold, hypertrophic training has advanced by an insane amount since back then. he made some good points but he is by no means the most reliable and accurate source of information

plenty of mentzers stuff is outdated just like arnold, hypertrophic training has advanced by an insane amount since back then. he made some good points but he is by no means the most reliable and accurate source of information
Yes agree with you. The only reason I follow mentzer is because I get good results even though I do 1 set.

• +1
Reactions: kiyopon and nullandvoid

Did he really?