Theory: Hollow Cheeks (due to Zygomaticus Major muscle)

D

Deleted member 28759

Iron
Theory
Hollow cheeks are one of the most attractive features to have as a guy.
With hollow cheeks most people always talk about the basics like having a low body fat, having a strong jaw, high cheekbones ect.
What people don't talk about is hypertrophy, specifically of the Zygomaticus Major.
Example of hollow cheeks due to Zygomaticus Major:
NINTCHDBPICT000623572784

Hnery Cavill is a good example of this.
Those lines by the sides of his mouth is where the Zygomaticus Major muscle is located, as shown below:
Zygomaticus major

Like any muscle, they can be hypertrophied. If sufficient exercise is done to this muscle, it should be more prominent at a low enough body fat.
This muscle can be worked by puckering your lips to the max and repeating that motion. Since resistance in the form of added weight cannot be done with this muscle, more reps would have to be done to achieve progressive overload (the fundamentals of building muscle)

How to speed up results?
Hypertrophy can be sped up uisng SARMS, Test ect. MK2866 is the mildest SARM available with little to no side effects, and if there are side effects they would be relieved by being off cycle (a cycle of mk688 is around 8-12weeks)

What do you think of this?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: triggr, geenk worg, PseudoMaxxer and 8 others
what do you think?

Last edited:
Do u think this guy has the ability to get hallow cheeks?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230423-132427.png
    Screenshot_20230423-132427.png
    449.8 KB · Views: 0
Middle aged Asian women are all over this. I saw one on TikTok that claimed she grew the muscle around zygos from face yoga but her phenotype already had prominent zygos. Another shortened the philtrum. Who knows for sure. These are the same people that think you can spot reduce fat. You can only hypertrophy muscle in a caloric surplus and wouldn't even notice gains during a bulk similar to abs. Nonetheless, frauding bone from muscle seems promising if done properly but that exercise is hella mid.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
Middle aged Asian women are all over this. I saw one on TikTok that claimed she grew the muscle around zygos from face yoga but her phenotype already had prominent zygos. Another shortened the philtrum. Who knows for sure. These are the same people that think you can spot reduce fat. You can only hypertrophy muscle in a caloric surplus and wouldn't even notice gains during a bulk similar to abs. Nonetheless, frauding bone from muscle seems promising if done properly but that exercise is hella mid.
yeah have seen some of them. caloric surplus would be ideal however if the muscle hasn’t been worked properly it can experience newbie gains and grow faster since it’s reacting to a new stimulus. lip puckering is the only way i would think to activate the muscle. got any other exercise suggestions for the zygomaticus muscle?

Theory
Hollow cheeks are one of the most attractive features to have as a guy.
With hollow cheeks most people always talk about the basics like having a low body fat, having a strong jaw, high cheekbones ect.
What people don't talk about is hypertrophy, specifically of the Zygomaticus Major.
Example of hollow cheeks due to Zygomaticus Major:
View attachment 2174079
Hnery Cavill is a good example of this.
Those lines by the sides of his mouth is where the Zygomaticus Major muscle is located, as shown below:
View attachment 2174080
Like any muscle, they can be hypertrophied. If sufficient exercise is done to this muscle, it should be more prominent at a low enough body fat.
This muscle can be worked by puckering your lips to the max and repeating that motion. Since resistance in the form of added weight cannot be done with this muscle, more reps would have to be done to achieve progressive overload (the fundamentals of building muscle)

How to speed up results?
Hypertrophy can be sped up uisng SARMS, Test ect. MK2866 is the mildest SARM available with little to no side effects, and if there are side effects they would be relieved by being off cycle (a cycle of mk688 is around 8-12weeks)

What do you think of this?
those lines are from his maxilla

those lines are from his maxilla
maxilla is and bone. if that was bone you wouldn’t be able to move your mouth. so the puckering exercise and feel the area. u will feel the muscle contract and relax

does it cause hollow cheeks?

Bump, legit thread

botb tier

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger
I don’t see how puckering your lips would activate this muscle given where its insertions are. Looks more like it would raise the corners of the mouth.

Chad becomes even more chadly because he’s constantly smiling due to how great his life is?

I don’t see how puckering your lips would activate this muscle given where its insertions are. Looks more like it would raise the corners of the mouth.

Chad becomes even more chadly because he’s constantly smiling due to how great his life is?
if anything ur saying lip corners will be lifted from lip puckering?

here it says zygomaticus muscle is activated from lip pucker

Its zygos + forward growth and low bodyfat percentage.

• JFL
Hollow cheek is just zygo / cheekbones size + the position of it

Ofcourse not being a fatass + not being bloated also count

if anything ur saying lip corners will be lifted from lip puckering?
View attachment 2722412

here it says zygomaticus muscle is activated from lip pucker

It says in the first paragraph that it activates to raise the corners of the mouth.

If you feel your face you can feel the muscle going hard when you smile but not for puckering. I think that exercise is meant as a stretch rather than hypertrophy?

this is just that one lookism thread all over again

Just pluck lips bro

I think this could work, but I’ve never understood what exercise to do to hit certain muscles in the face without growing buccinators muscles (which allegedly will make your cheeks appear more bloated)

@Orc I know you were looking into this, what do you think about it?

• +1
Reactions: socialcel and appealmaxed
I think this could work, but I’ve never understood what exercise to do to hit certain muscles in the face without growing buccinators muscles (which allegedly will make your cheeks appear more bloated)
running test is your best bet for masculinizing your face

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer

ik the zygomaticus is activated through smiling but ocntantly doing that will lead to nasofolds tbh.
and apparently lip puckering doesn’t activate them but could make downturned lip more upturned. i don’t understand this as i think the upturned lip would be caused by hypertophy of zygomaticus muscle cos it’s connected to mouth like in the photo in threwd

• +1

the function of the buccinator is to compress your cheeks against your teeth, if anything it being stronger would press it more firmly against them, thus creating more hollowing.

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed and PseudoMaxxer
the function of the buccinator is to compress your cheeks against your teeth, if anything it being stronger would press it more firmly against them, thus creating more hollowing.
fr?
this why girls have more hollow cheeks than men? from suckin dick?
serious question btw

Last edited:
  • JFL
fr?
this why girls have more hollow cheeks than men? from suckin dick?
serious question btw
women don't tend to get hollow cheeks because their jaws aren't long enough, even if they're there it's so small t's barely visible.

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
women don't tend to get hollow cheeks because their jaws aren't long enough, even if they're there it's so small t's barely visible.
any idea how to work zygomaticus?
@sportsmogger said that hypertrophied zygomaticus contributed to this type of hollow cheeks.
IMG 8651

this true?

• JFL
any idea how to work zygomaticus?
@sportsmogger said that hypertrophied zygomaticus contributed to this type of hollow cheeks.View attachment 2726157
this true?
you can train them with a microstomia device, but instead of making a back and forth motion you just do a weighted duckface by clenching your lips around it horizontally and holding it there until it burns, that way you don't end up giving yourself dynamic lines either.

• +1
Reactions: triggr, appealmaxed and sportsmogger
you can train them with a microstomia device, but instead of making a back and forth motion you just do a weighted duckface by clenching your lips around it horizontally and holding it there until it burns, that way you don't end up giving yourself dynamic lines either.

View attachment 2726161
IMG 8689
i do this around the device?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: triggr
pretty much, the function of the zygomaticus is drawing the mouth's angle upward and outward.
is the device necessary?

is the device necessary?
I guess you could do it without but it's just like bodyweight fitness, less efficient than doing it weighted.

• +1
Reactions: triggr and appealmaxed
I guess you could do it without but it's just like bodyweight fitness, less efficient than doing it weighted.
would something like this suffice?

would it make hollow cheeks appear more prominet?

• +1
Reactions: triggr
that would suffice.

in theory it should but no one's done it yet.
I know that is the microstomia device but how does this correlate with the zygomaticus major? and are it and the malaris (not officially recognized) the same thing you’re referring to?

Hollow cheekbones are influenced by a lot of factors so it is not a fact that by working on that muscle, it is going to drastically change the appearance. However, it should work in theory.

I have hollow cheeks beacause of that muscle to