This sleeping on your "back" science in order to maintain/encourage facial symmetry....

Deleted member 6908

Deleted member 6908

Looks, Charisma, Masculine Virtues
Throughout the last week of this quarantine I have tried and tried and I still cannot manage it.

How can you learn to sleep on your back when you have been choosing sides throughout your periods of teenage and early 20s?

I don't think sleeping position is very important. Aslong as you're not mouthbreathing during sleep you should be fine

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Throughout the last week of this quarantine I have tried and tried and I still cannot manage it.

How can you learn to sleep on your back when you have been choosing sides throughout your periods of teenage and early 20s?
i don't sleep in my back i believe it'll ruin my head shape :D

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Slob, thecel and DutchPrettyBoy
I don't think sleeping position is very important. Aslong as you're not mouthbreathing during sleep you should be fine

So you don't buy the theory that is supported by science that says the cheek you sleep on is suffocated of/from much needed air?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
So you don't buy the theory that is supported by science that says the cheek you sleep on is suffocated of/from much needed air?
Link to the science?

I mouth breath during sleep for 20 years

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: HighIQcel, Subhuman Philtrum and didntreadlol
I have jaw assymetry and i always sleep on my back

• +1
Reactions: CrazyFitLover
i read somewhere about sleeping types makes baby head shape as flat i know it can't affect me but i can't sleep on my back

giphy.gif

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4804, SLA and Deleted member 5185
AFAIK sleeping on your back is bad for a host of reasons. Sleep on side preferably.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6824, CrazyFitLover, inceletto and 1 other person
Apparently on a waterbed, you sleep and wake up in the same position, on a regular bed you would roll during sleep on one side, then the other, then on your belly and so on, because too much pressure builds on one side of your body so you unconsciously move during sleep. On a waterbed however, pressure is distributed more even on your back and sides, so you don't feel the need to move, you wake up in the same position that you went to sleep.

waterbed-1.jpg
iu

Apparently on a waterbed, you sleep and wake up in the same position, on a regular bed you would roll during sleep on one side, then the other, then on your belly and so on, because too much pressure builds on one side of your body so you unconsciously move during sleep. On a waterbed however, pressure is distributed more even on your back and sides, so you don't feel the need to move, you wake up in the same position that you went to sleep.

waterbed-1.jpg
iu
so a water bed is good?

I have less "mass" on one side of my face. I believe it was due to my sleeping position because there's virtually nothing else that could cause that to develop on the last 4 years...

Maybe some pillow under ur knees or just turn ur head a little bit side way while still being on ur back.

I either sleep on the floor with a pillow or in bed without pillow and I'm not getting as much damage anymore.

Your pillow can be your biggest enemy tbh

so a water bed is good?
Yes, but you need one where you "sink" deep in it, some have a different design more like a regular mattress, you need to test several first.

Edit:
Try a "dry floatation" bed, you sink deeper in them compared to a regular waterbed.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: DutchPrettyBoy