Thoughts 1: Importance of EQ

pure.physical

pure.physical

Iron
Emotional Knowledge/Experience: These go hand in hand as someone can read about other people's experiences (books) and gain somewhat the same information without the actual act of doing, but of course, nothing converts like first-hand experience. Most people who are ignorant/dumb/mean/aggressive/violent are either literal children or don't have enough experience to have high enough empathy. I personally think high EQ is more important in our day in age than high IQ. You're dumb/slow? So what, anyone can google anything with the help of a phone, we're almost all equally the same when it comes to information intelligence, granted some people know way more shit off the dome but does that even matter. Thanks to stuff like AI now, its even less important, which is why EQ is now more important than ever.

Philosophy and psychology can help one better understand humans, the thing we interact with on a day-to-day basis, who we build relationships with, our everything. A good step to relating with people and becoming a better human being in general, one who people want to follow, or be around is learning to internalize and understand your pain to better understand others (doesn't matter what your pain is or what someone else's pain is (pain = pain). This is really important because you'll have people say "oh those who suffer or have felt pain are always the kindest people," I used to think this was true until you realize that some people turn that pain or hate into something bad. In reality, you should be able to figure out that the pain you feel is something everyone else also feels (pain is subjective, someone's biggest pain in life can be nothing to you, but that shouldn't discredit their pain for what it is), this shifts your perspective to be conscious of being kind to everyone, even those you hate, and you learn to sympathize with literally every human you come across. I see so much hate online and in person that it just baffles me how people don't have a single clue of the implications that can have, not only are you hurting this person without realizing it (a little remark or comment you thought was funny, actually hurt that person you're just not smart enough emotionally to realize), but it also goes to show you have no social abilities at all. Relationships will get you romantic relationships, or casual sex, or that job, or that great connection, etc... It's everything and it all comes down to how you can effectively communicate and relate to others. No one wants to be around someone negative, or socially inept.

This brings me to my last point that you need to be able to get along and properly converse with anyone no matter what walk of life they come from. You need to be able to befriend old people, kids, rich people, dumb people, crazy people, intellectuals, artists, business people, Black, White, Asian, Indian, European, Hispanic, doesn't matter. Don't limit yourself in life, be able to speak on everything and anything, anime, football, movies, stocks, art, cars, philosophy, nutrition, science, geography, politics you get the point. A jack of all trades can be placed in any situation and adapt to whoever he is placed with. But to do this you need to be in touch with your own emotions to understand other people. That is a dangerous man.

"Anyone can become angry- that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way- this is not easy." -Aristotle, The Nicomachean Ethics

"Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness." -Seneca

Attachments

• 1v9zfqvwonaz.jpg
    1v9zfqvwonaz.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Ragnar, latincell95 and Deleted member 16515
my friends say that I lack EQ and empathy, they often say I'm a narcissist.

I don't think I'm a completely horrible person but I wish to better myself and improve my EQ tbh

great thread

EQ can't be improved so this thread is useless

• +1
Reactions: Ragnar
Emotional Knowledge/Experience: These go hand in hand as someone can read about other people's experiences (books) and gain somewhat the same information without the actual act of doing, but of course, nothing converts like first-hand experience. Most people who are ignorant/dumb/mean/aggressive/violent are either literal children or don't have enough experience to have high enough empathy. I personally think high EQ is more important in our day in age than high IQ. You're dumb/slow? So what, anyone can google anything with the help of a phone, we're almost all equally the same when it comes to information intelligence, granted some people know way more shit off the dome but does that even matter. Thanks to stuff like AI now, its even less important, which is why EQ is now more important than ever.

Philosophy and psychology can help one better understand humans, the thing we interact with on a day-to-day basis, who we build relationships with, our everything. A good step to relating with people and becoming a better human being in general, one who people want to follow, or be around is learning to internalize and understand your pain to better understand others (doesn't matter what your pain is or what someone else's pain is (pain = pain). This is really important because you'll have people say "oh those who suffer or have felt pain are always the kindest people," I used to think this was true until you realize that some people turn that pain or hate into something bad. In reality, you should be able to figure out that the pain you feel is something everyone else also feels (pain is subjective, someone's biggest pain in life can be nothing to you, but that shouldn't discredit their pain for what it is), this shifts your perspective to be conscious of being kind to everyone, even those you hate, and you learn to sympathize with literally every human you come across. I see so much hate online and in person that it just baffles me how people don't have a single clue of the implications that can have, not only are you hurting this person without realizing it (a little remark or comment you thought was funny, actually hurt that person you're just not smart enough emotionally to realize), but it also goes to show you have no social abilities at all. Relationships will get you romantic relationships, or casual sex, or that job, or that great connection, etc... It's everything and it all comes down to how you can effectively communicate and relate to others. No one wants to be around someone negative, or socially inept.

This brings me to my last point that you need to be able to get along and properly converse with anyone no matter what walk of life they come from. You need to be able to befriend old people, kids, rich people, dumb people, crazy people, intellectuals, artists, business people, Black, White, Asian, Indian, European, Hispanic, doesn't matter. Don't limit yourself in life, be able to speak on everything and anything, anime, football, movies, stocks, art, cars, philosophy, nutrition, science, geography, politics you get the point. A jack of all trades can be placed in any situation and adapt to whoever he is placed with. But to do this you need to be in touch with your own emotions to understand other people. That is a dangerous man.

"Anyone can become angry- that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way- this is not easy." -Aristotle, The Nicomachean Ethics

"Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness." -Seneca
No EQ for your brain surgeon, you gotta know your shit, period.

Emotional intelligence will make you ABLE to learn without experience, but to gain it you need to experience it first... Kind of an Inception.

Ignorance/dumbness comes from poor nutrition the majority of time as does being mean/aggressive/violent: if you are underfed you are going to be rude... I don't care if you weight 50 or 200kg, it has nothing to do with weight.

You don't have to choose EQ over intellect, you can have both... In fact we, as human beings made in the image of God Almighty (Lord Jesus Christ), can do ANYTHING, there's nothing out of reach, we are creators just like him.

Yes, pain is pain: physical and emotional pain are the same, there's no difference... Also you can only feel physical pain in one part of your body at a time so when I step on a Lego piece I quickly bite my forearm so I won't feel the worst of the pains, but the lesser one.

Used to be very resentful for the abuses I experienced at young age but now I have let it go.

You should never downplay other's feeling, that's utmost disrespect and if someone does that to me ONCE I start looking at them through different lenses... If you don't have anything good to say, just shut up and listen because "the fish dies by it's mouth".

I always try to be sincere, won't do that on sensitive topics but I won't lie either so I say nothing until my opinion is asked, IF they ask...

My obsession with truth once made me lonely like in college, people were afraid of me because I had no filter so they avoided me... I also was a little psychotic then started using drugs: only got better when I met the Lord, then I stopped but I would say drugs were the smallest of my sins lol

Yes I become angry, used to be angrier but it's still kinda frequent, but I always let it go on objects like concrete, steel or dead wood, always did, never on living beings... Broke shovels, knifes and every kind of tool you can imagine 🤭

But if I had to choose I won't get angry at all: only God has the perfect anger... We as sinners will always exaggerated and mess things up, disagreeing a little bit from Aristotle...

But agreeing 100% with Seneca.

Emotional intelligence will make you ABLE to learn without experience, but to gain it you need to experience it first... Kind of an Inception.

Ignorance/dumbness comes from poor nutrition the majority of time as does being mean/aggressive/violent: if you are underfed you are going to be rude... I don't care if you weight 50 or 200kg, it has nothing to do with weight.

You don't have to choose EQ over intellect, you can have both... In fact we, as human beings made in the image of God Almighty (Lord Jesus Christ), can do ANYTHING, there's nothing out of reach, we are creators just like him.

Yes, pain is pain: physical and emotional pain are the same, there's no difference... Also you can only feel physical pain in one part of your body at a time so when I step on a Lego piece I quickly bite my forearm so I won't feel the worst of the pains, but the lesser one.

Used to be very resentful for the abuses I experienced at young age but now I have let it go.

You should never downplay other's feeling, that's utmost disrespect and if someone does that to me ONCE I start looking at them through different lenses... If you don't have anything good to say, just shut up and listen because "the fish dies by it's mouth".

I always try to be sincere, won't do that on sensitive topics but I won't lie either so I say nothing until my opinion is asked, IF they ask...

My obsession with truth once made me lonely like in college, people were afraid of me because I had no filter so they avoided me... I also was a little psychotic then started using drugs: only got better when I met the Lord, then I stopped but I would say drugs were the smallest of my sins lol

Yes I become angry, used to be angrier but it's still kinda frequent, but I always let it go on objects like concrete, steel or dead wood, always did, never on living beings... Broke shovels, knifes and every kind of tool you can imagine 🤭

But if I had to choose I won't get angry at all: only God has the perfect anger... We as sinners will always exaggerated and mess things up, disagreeing a little bit from Aristotle...

But agreeing 100% with Seneca.
I agree with most of what you said except for the part where you say ignorance comes from a lack of proper nutrition. I have to strongly disagree with that statement. Ignorance comes in all shapes and sizes, sure being overweight or underweight can lead to a pessimistic personality which therefore leads to being closed-minded and angry at the world. It definitely can be A reason for someone to be angry or aggressive but most of the time it's either a mental issue, their environment, or a lack of knowledge/experience that leads to a person being a certain negative way. But to say it's the main contributor most of the time is just false. It's deeper than that sadly or it wouldn't be that big of an issue if it was nutrition based.

EQ can't be improved so this thread is useless
Very wrong, what you think you're just born understanding people and their struggles? Sure maybe some people are more charismatic than others or able to be more socially aware, but for the most part that is learned at a young age. If you grab a kid and isolate him, he'll have a harder time in the future trying to connect and understand people. That doesn't mean that same person can't learn how to interact with others and become a more socially adept individual. Your comment is a perfect example of an ignorant comment. You either saw one thing on the internet about that which shaped your belief or you're just guessing cuz you're young. Either way, you are wrong. At the end of the day, a big shift in one's EQ can be accredited to one simple thing, an individual's mindset. No matter who you are, if you can go into experiences and social situations with an open mind, willingness to connect, and no judgment you will find that you learn much more about interpersonal skills. Or don't and blame it on genetics and never grow.

Credentials: BS in Psychology with a focus on Social Psychology.

OVER IF EQ STANDS FOR “EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT” TO YOU.

“ERECTION QUALITY” IS WHAT SHOULD COME TO MIND.

START FOCUSING ON THE IMPORTANT THINGS INSTEAD OF “muh personality:soy:

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger, gribsufer1, Mr.Heightism and 1 other person
OVER IF EQ STANDS FOR “EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT” TO YOU.

“ERECTION QUALITY” IS WHAT SHOULD COME TO MIND.

START FOCUSING ON THE IMPORTANT THINGS INSTEAD OF “muh personality:soy:
based

• Love it
Reactions: pneumocystosis
Very wrong, what you think you're just born understanding people and their struggles? Sure maybe some people are more charismatic than others or able to be more socially aware, but for the most part that is learned at a young age. If you grab a kid and isolate him, he'll have a harder time in the future trying to connect and understand people. That doesn't mean that same person can't learn how to interact with others and become a more socially adept individual. Your comment is a perfect example of an ignorant comment. You either saw one thing on the internet about that which shaped your belief or you're just guessing cuz you're young. Either way, you are wrong. At the end of the day, a big shift in one's EQ can be accredited to one simple thing, an individual's mindset. No matter who you are, if you can go into experiences and social situations with an open mind, willingness to connect, and no judgment you will find that you learn much more about interpersonal skills. Or don't and blame it on genetics and never grow.

that's a stupid argument, it's like saying muh height isn't genetic because people aren't born 6' tall and if you take them and malnourish them they won't become tall

• +1
Reactions: inceI
dude I have an MS in Psychology and trust me when I say there is no good evidence to prove that people can improve their EQ beyond what their genetics will allow them to, obviously your potential EQ can be inhibited but it can't be amplified (unless perhaps given a dopamine agonist during childhood which in theory could help maximize potential, but it is relative to your current maximum genetic EQ potential anyways)

• +1
Reactions: inceI
dude I have an MS in Psychology and trust me when I say there is no good evidence to prove that people can improve their EQ beyond what their genetics will allow them to, obviously your potential EQ can be inhibited but it can't be amplified (unless perhaps given a dopamine agonist during childhood which in theory could help maximize potential, but it is relative to your current maximum genetic EQ potential anyways)
Give me sources saying EQ is ONLY genetics. Your argument is that it's set in stone and there's no point trying to improve it. Mines is that, like most aspects of human behavior and cognition, (EI) is a trait influenced by both genetics and environmental aspects. Height in this case is way more dependent on genetics. However, that doesn't mean kids ages 0-20 shouldn't be fed proper nutrition and live a healthy lifestyle to ensure he grows to his genetic potential. Height though is a different story. Some human factors are more nurture vs nature. Height is heavy on nature, and so are other factors but the mind is way more complex and malleable. Our brain can learn, change, and adapt, and has limits much farther than that of our body. Another example is the gym, I was skinny my whole life up until age 20 when I began putting in the work in the gym and nutrition to help my body grow muscle seeing as I didn't get a naturally muscular build from genetics. Had I not made that lifestyle change, I would still be underweight 3 years later purely from my genetics (I was eating a normal diet btw I just have a predisposition to be skinnier due to genetics). This is an example that certain factors are more genetically dominant than others. (EI) is one of those factors that happen to be more dependent on what one does rather than genetics.

eq is just what severely autistic people lack. it's not an actual advantage because normal people all have it

eq is just what severely autistic people lack. it's not an actual advantage because normal people all have it
Thats true, people with autisum can't imagine or understand other peoples emotions, they do lack in EI. But all im saying is relationships can take you very far and the only way to build and maintain relationships with anyone is to have high Emotional intelligence (what you are born with + what you're able learn). Just cuz you and I have it doesn't mean we're on the same level. Say im miles ahead in terms social skills and connecting with people while you (someone also with EI) can't even make a friend (just an example). The advantage is honing those skill.

“Muh EQ” is low-IQ cope.

I agree with most of what you said except for the part where you say ignorance comes from a lack of proper nutrition. I have to strongly disagree with that statement. Ignorance comes in all shapes and sizes, sure being overweight or underweight can lead to a pessimistic personality which therefore leads to being closed-minded and angry at the world. It definitely can be A reason for someone to be angry or aggressive but most of the time it's either a mental issue, their environment, or a lack of knowledge/experience that leads to a person being a certain negative way. But to say it's the main contributor most of the time is just false. It's deeper than that sadly or it wouldn't be that big of an issue if it was nutrition based.
You didn't even understand what I said, I didn't even mention being over/underweight lol

I'm talking about the macros and micros tht you get from food: a person can be 200lb and eat the best fillet mignon or turkey all day everyday and still be unhealthy if she prepared it the wrong way...

You are what you eat, yet losers on this forum always Muh Surgery before even trying to change their diets and THAT'S the saddest part.