Thumbpulling is legit

M

MSEinvestigator

Iron
I have UARS, so my nasal breathing is shit, but last night in the shower, I spent 30 min thumbpulling my maxilla apart, and the whole time, I felt immense strain on the mid palatal suture, and I could feel the suture splitting with my tongue. It probably produced 0.5mm of expansion just from that one sensation. Afterwards, I could breathe significant better. Maybe could’ve been due to the cardio of the strenuous thumb pulling causing my turbinates to shrink a bit, but I do think it actually worked. I’ve also been thumbpulling in the forward direction. Every time I yank my maxilla forward I can feel and hear cracks in the sutures behind my maxilla. It feels good, but the issue is that I can’t maintain these changes without an appliance. I’m considering making a DIY face puller and hard Mewing whenever I’m awake. I already have a CBCT scan of before from last year, so we will see if my method works with an after scan.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ungewist, Shkreliii, StalinCel and 6 others
thumpulling is legit, but you should make sure to balance the 3 planes. I recommend the interoral facepull course from mewing.world

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, RAMU KAKA, poopoohead and 2 others
thumpulling is legit, but you should make sure to balance the 3 planes. I recommend the interoral facepull course from mewing.world
Bro I have tried it all it's cope
After puberty the only softmax that work are chewing, bonesmashing, leanmaxxing

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, madmogger, poopoohead and 2 others
How old are you? I’m 23M. It’s probably your technique. I have extremely strong thumbs lol I literally go as hard as I can and my thumbs hurt. I have to do it in sets to rest my thumb muscles and take protein

for balancing facial bones its legit tho. but I agree chewing + mouthguard clenching is definitely the way to go. Also that shit takes 5-10min a day nothing to lose honestly.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and 5.5psl
How old are you? I’m 23M. It’s probably your technique. I have extremely strong thumbs lol I literally go as hard as I can and my thumbs hurt. I have to do it in sets to rest my thumb muscles and take protein
After puberty the only softmax that work are chewing, bonesmashing, leanmaxx
for balancing facial bones its legit tho. but I agree chewing + mouthguard clenching is definitely the way to go. Also that shit takes 5-10min a day nothing to lose honestly.
What mouthguard do u use for that?

thumbpulling works for me

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
  • +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator
musclemaxxing and leanmaxxing its the only way to change your face if that didnt help its over

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
musclemaxxing and leanmaxxing its the only way to change your face if that didnt help its over
Chewing works
My ramus is completely diffrent from the side I chewed and from the side I didn't
And surgeries are always an option ..

• +1
You just clench down on a mouth guard?

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator
You just clench down on a mouth guard?
yeah, but I put the most force with the anterior part. There a plenty of threads on .org use the search function and make up your own mind.

this will get you started:

Please note: only if you occlusal plane is > 0 you can achieve CCW.

• +1
Reactions: baldgeeza
Chewing works
My ramus is completely diffrent from the side I chewed and from the side I didn't
And surgeries are always an option ..
you only chew with the front teeth ?

I have UARS, so my nasal breathing is shit, but last night in the shower, I spent 30 min thumbpulling my maxilla apart, and the whole time, I felt immense strain on the mid palatal suture, and I could feel the suture splitting with my tongue. It probably produced 0.5mm of expansion just from that one sensation. Afterwards, I could breathe significant better. Maybe could’ve been due to the cardio of the strenuous thumb pulling causing my turbinates to shrink a bit, but I do think it actually worked. I’ve also been thumbpulling in the forward direction. Every time I yank my maxilla forward I can feel and hear cracks in the sutures behind my maxilla. It feels good, but the issue is that I can’t maintain these changes without an appliance. I’m consedering making a DIY face puller and hard Mewing whenever I’m awake. I already have a CBCT scan of before from last year, so we will see if my method works with an after scan.
What do you mean you can not maintain the changes without appliance? Does your progress reset without constant pressure, and if so why not just put pressure with tongue.

What do you mean you can not maintain the changes without appliance? Does your progress reset without constant pressure, and if so why not just put pressure with tongue.
Mainly cuz I can’t when I sleep

yeah, but I put the most force with the anterior part. There a plenty of threads on .org use the search function and make up your own mind.

this will get you started:

Please note: only if you occlusal plane is > 0 you can achieve CCW.
tf is occlusal plane

lol cope i only sent you the course 1 month ago, 1 month isnt long enough to call something cope, how long did you do the course and what routine did you do also how many times a day did you perform the course

• +1
Reactions: StalinCel, Kasanova and Deleted member 21765
lol cope i only sent you the course 1 month ago, 1 month isnt long enough to call something cope, how long did you do the course and what routine did you do also how many times a day did you perform the course
how many times a day do you recommend doing the interoral facepull routine? Also did you see changes/improvements? if yes, what specifically?

how many times a day do you recommend doing the interoral facepull routine? Also did you see changes/improvements? if yes, what specifically?
minimum for good changes do it 2x a day atleast 3 hours apart, you can do it how many times you want tho just 3 hours apart, start off at the basic routine which should take about 10 minutes, although ive spoke to a guy who claims he can complete it in 3

for me personally i did the full basic routine inconsistently for a month but did the maxilla lesson which is 10 every day whichhelped to achieve upswing

peoples bone density is different so the time for changes are different for evreyone but if you stick with the basic routine 2x a day eventually you will see changes that you wouldnt see through jewing

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21765
minimum for good changes do it 2x a day atleast 3 hours apart, you can do it how many times you want tho just 3 hours apart, start off at the basic routine which should take about 10 minutes, although ive spoke to a guy who claims he can complete it in 3

for me personally i did the full basic routine inconsistently for a month but did the maxilla lesson which is 10 every day whichhelped to achieve upswing
thank you. Do you think 4-5x a day would be overkill?

edit: saw your edit, I will start with 2x a day and adjust from there, thank you again.

Last edited:
  • +1
thank you. Do you think 4-5x a day would be overkill?

edit: saw your edit, I will start with 2x a day and adjust from there, thank you again.
yeah make sure you do lesson 18 before you perform the basic routine aswell the mewing world ppl say that it speeds up progress 'tremendously' as opposed to without performing it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21765
yeah make sure you do lesson 18 before you perform the basic routine aswell the mewing world ppl say that it speeds up progress 'tremendously' as opposed to without performing it
I always found time to procrastinate and not work through their course hahaha. The English is kinda shit and some explanations are kinda confusing. But I will give it a good go for 1-2 months.

Last edited:
brother can you send me the course . It would help a lot

Does this thing work at 23, when puberty is completely over?

Can you share the course with me.?

Chewing works
Same with me, diff ramus shape on my stronger side.

• +1
Reactions: the_nextDavidLaid and 5.5psl