Top 4 mistake that new looksmaxxers make [begginers to looksmax, greycels please read this]

zsombi

zsombi

Be a chad or dye tryin'
These aren't looksmaxxing technique mistakes, but rather mental pitfalls that looksmaxxers fall into

1. Spending too much time here or generally on searching looksmax informations / Overthinking looksmaxxing

A lot of people unnecessarily overcomplicate looksmaxxing. Most people fail to understand that doing basic looksmaxxes (skincare, going to the gym, haircut) could already be enough to start their ascending journey. You don't have to necessarily get into hormones, nootropics, biology, epigenetics, etc...Even doing the basic softmaxxes could improve your look. Of course, after a certain point, you will need to take more complicated looksmaxxes, but if you just start doing the basics, it's already good.

Another thing I see in a lot of people is that they try to search for hidden looksmax techniques. Most techniques are public/well-known; if you read the botb, some looksmaxxing thread with the most views & first message reaction, you could already find more information than anywhere else on the internet.

Another thing I see is spending too much time on this site. Not saying, though, that looksmaxxing is a full-time job; you could shitpost to the off-topic section, but remember why you joined. I mean, you could literally check it by going to: >my account>preferences What was your reason? Mine was "I want to be part of the community, want to improve myself, and help other members."Was your something like "I want to rot in the forum 24/7"? I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

2. Surgery dellusion / Can't afford something so not doing anything

Getting plastic surgery is the best way to looksmax, but a lot of people still have incredible expectations about it. Another user of the forum, @the next o'pry, has already made a thread about that: https://looksmax.org/threads/average-org-user-has-unrealistic-expectations-about-surgery.916690/

@the next o'pry said: "Man, that's a heck of an improvement, unfortunately for this brainwashed forum. the fact he didnt went from ltn to chad was enough to shit on the result. people on .org thinking they'll ascend with just 1 or 2 surgeries are absolutely DELUSIONAL. If you're average-looking (like something beetwen LTN/MTN), you legit need 4-6 surgeries to reach HTN, and 8-10 to reach Chadlite territory (not to mention softmaxxing)... and that's assuming the surgeries went well.
Well, he is fucking right. Don't expect full ascension from just one surgery. The worst thing you can do is just wait for the surgery. And just wait. Not doing anything, not even doing the basic softmaxxes.

I have a similar personal story about that. I knew a guy who wanted to grow taller (even though he was already 183cm / 6'0). He said that he would start going to the gym when he gets HGH. Started consulting with his doctor... Time went by, and he realized that if he took HGH, his nose and ears would also start growing. He was already insecure about his big nose, then he decided he would not gonna take HGH. And that was it... he wasted 6 months.

Now imagine if someone does the same, but with surgery instead, waits years, and does nothing just to get a botched result. Jfl

3. Focusing on a failo, instead of trying to max out the rest

Identify your failos and put 100% effort into fixing them first. Failos are usually things that stand out in a negative way, people have bullied you for it, or commented on it multiple times. Anything average is NOT a failo.

Your goal should be to make your failos at least average. There is no need to make your failos into halos. You will be chasing the carrot on the stick if you try to make your least aesthetic part of your face into the most aesthetic part. You will ruin your harmony which is by far the most important thing when it comes to looksmaxxing.

You want your features to flow together. That’s why Chico is so aesthetically pleasing. He doesn’t have one failo. His jaw isn’t Chad tier, he doesn’t have a very masculine chin, nor have hollow cheekbones. His harmony is top tier. Don’t ruin your harmony trying to get O’Pry’s eye area and a square jaw. You will fall into uncanny valley.

Wanting another man’s features on yourself will look like shit 9/10 times as well. DO NOT try to emulate someone else’s look because it only looks good on them. You need to work with your face and minimize flaws while not overdoing your strong points.

Sad truth is the majority of people, even after looksmaxxing, will never be Male Model tier and I know that’s the dream for practically all of this forum. Accept this, but keep looksmaxxing. Don’t lose yourself in your delusions of having girls approach you on the street and living a completely different life.

TL;DR fix your failos and don’t expect to turn failos into halos

4. Doing looksmaxxes that wouldn't necessarily increase looks at all, but would be for mental masturbation

Wanting to be the best version of yourself is great, but there is a line. A great example is @Amnesia. He posted a rating thread (If you don't know, he is one of the best-looking members on the site): https://looksmax.org/threads/30m-61-any-surgery-suggestions-welcomed/

These were the first replies:
"taban would reject you my dude slayers.me"
"6 Psl get the hell off here you handsome son of a bitch"
"You would be crazy to get surgery. You have 0 failos."

He already ascended, yet he still wanted to get more. And probably this is how most people found out about the blackpill. First it was the gym, then mewing, then looksmaxxing, and surgeries. But at the end of the day, even if the person would get everything done, he would still be unsatisfied. And it's because of the mental aspect. Remember when you started looksmaxxing, what was your goal, to become a PSL god? I doubt it. You just wanted to improve your looks, not to become a supermodel. Looks are important, but not everything in life. Try to maximize other areas of life instead of just looks.

Also, there's a chance that the more you want to improve, the more uncanny you will get (point 3)

Text 1
tags: @Dicktator @Chintuck22 @pneumocystosis @Orc @garoupilled_ @Gengar @0hMan @Clavicular

• +1
Reactions: sirmimbing, mog_me, silencio and 26 others
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker, yen, melon6329 and 2 others
Good thread.

Meme approved - Imgflip

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Chintuck22 and zsombi
The waiting for money thing is brutal and a general pitfall. Where you paywall any form of action behind some distant goal that you'll never accomplish.

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69
So true man

This is an underrated thread.

I found this reality by reading my old journal from february 2023, and it went "Damn it why the hell am i still stuck at 5'7 I just wish I was 5'10 Its such a perfect height Id love to stay 5'10 forever 5'10 guys get so many girls", now Im 5'11 and still feel like shit. This destroyed my body dysmorphia. I was ready to kill for smthn that I have now, and I want more. Even if I was 6'1 I would be unsatisfied, like every human. See those cringey "MUHHH GROW TALLER" video's comments. 5'4 guys wanting 5'8 5'8 guys wanting 5'11 5'11 guys wanting 6'2 6'2 guys wanting 6'5 and 6'5 guys wanting 6'10. Sometimes copes can be healthy tbh.

• Hmm...
Reactions: nullandvoid
Cow piss thread
(which is good)