Tretinoin debunked #2

Crusile

Crusile

Chicowski
I found a good explanation on how tretinoin ruins your skin

Today, I went to my first ever aesthetician appointment to formulate a good routine for myself. My jaw dropped when she told me that I should take tret out of my routine. She said she can always tell when someone has been using it long term because they have cellophane-looking skin. Has anyone else been told this or had this happen?

The cellophane finish is likely caused by fibrosis-like changes in the skin. Since tret activates TGF-b (it's basically how it increases collagen), I'd say it's a pretty expected outcome. Kind of a "head of an old bald man" type of texture, shiny and reflective.

It's not a side effect, it's how it works. Overly collagenated skin with epidermal hyperplasia kind of looks like that - like, I dunno, a knuckle or elbow. It will be shiny and somewhat dense (yet not voluminous) which some users will perceive as "youthful glow". It will also feel "polished" to the touch, like the skin on your knuckle when you make a fist. That's where the cling-wrap look comes from.

I don't believe it looks unnatural to anyone outside of dermatology/cosmetic industry. Profibrotic skin phenotype like that occurs naturally in many aged people.

5e4733h1v6q81.jpg

• Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir, Fgsfds, Deleted member 22354 and 1 other person
not this shit again

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Carnivore, Skywalker, zeek and 10 others
this looks like the fat version of @Leo0509

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Corleone, ascension!, twilight and 8 others
I look better than before stfu

• +1
Reactions: Carnivore, hattrick, zeek and 1 other person
Stfu

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Carnivore, zeek, PointOfNoReturn and 1 other person
Stfu

• +1
Reactions: Carnivore, zeek and PointOfNoReturn
Stfu

• +1
Reactions: Carnivore, zeek and PointOfNoReturn
Stfu

• +1
Reactions: Carnivore and zeek
Well thats exactly what we want you fucking retarded jfl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 33775, Carnivore, Deleted member 26859 and 7 others
Most of the time turns out it's overly moisturized skin and not just tret alone. Some say niacin-containing face products are the reason. Glow is nice but not when it's like a plastic or wet IMO.

• +1
Reactions: ascension!
it looks good tbh

• +1
Reactions: zeek
Failed thread faggot

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 33775 and zeek
dnr + stfu

• +1
Reactions: Carnivore and zeek
Stfu

• +1
Reactions: blackckatt, Carnivore and zeek
dn rd. it works for me so idc about studies or redditards

• +1
Reactions: Corleone and zeek
i hope i can have a skin like that guy

• +1

Most people would kill to have this guys skin. It's like having a smoothing filter over you in real life. Applying tret every night is not a big sacrifice for that. This guy is 28 and his skin is more youthful than most 20 year olds.

Women, especially under 30s are not attracted to 'matured' or saggy skin. The only way to achieve that kind of skin is tretinoin, not even diet or avoiding sunlight will get you there. No OTC skincare items or moisturizing will change your skin type to that.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TUSSELEIF, Wallenberg, Prince88 and 3 others
Ratio

• +1
Rope moron

• JFL
Reactions: Fgsfds
You forgot niggas treat trentinoin like their religion here

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Corleone, KING REIDYZ, Deleted member 21403 and 1 other person
I'll start tret soon, dnrd

Most people would kill to have this guys skin. It's like having a smoothing filter over you in real life. Applying tret every night is not a big sacrifice for that. This guy is 28 and his skin is more youthful than most 20 year olds.

Women, especially under 30s are not attracted to 'matured' or saggy skin. The only way to achieve that kind of skin is tretinoin, not even diet or avoiding sunlight will get you there. No OTC skincare items or moisturizing will change your skin type to that.
but the dude still has wrinkles around his eyes

but the dude still has wrinkles around his eyes
He is smiling lol, laughing lines on eyes are super common when you smile. And also he doesn't put tret around eyes cause its not recommended, i learned this the hard way by having burning eyes

• +1
Reactions: Melly
I'm sticking to retinol and matrixyl, so far so good.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
Retarded ass thread. Unnaturally glowing skin > disgusting sun aged wrinkly skin

• +1

This

I look better than before stfu
dn rd. it works for me so idc about studies or redditards

Tretinoin is extremely effective for people body dysphoric people, like how being 4% body fat is satisfying for an anorexic person

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 26859

How long will it take ? i’ve been on 0.5 for months and barley notice a change . I do have the glow but still failoed by uneven skin tone and texture . No acne however

Stfu

• +1
Reactions: Crusile
How long will it take ? i’ve been on 0.5 for months and barley notice a change . I do have the glow but still failoed by uneven skin tone and texture . No acne however
Update? Im seeing the same thing and was thinking of bumping to .1

And as every coping moron here has done (as expected) they ignore, smear or shit on OP with zero argument whatsoever.

Sometimes being a member here feels like being in a room with a bunch of ear plugging & hand flailing retards, when you're the normal one.

It's clear as day what they're posting is 100% right -- tons of this shit OVERLY collagen-ates you -- makes you have TOO MUCH of it.

But like .org retards they don't know too much of a "good" thing can turn bad -- they just will rope (thank God) when they find out, or suffer from their stupidity. Darwin Awards are granted on .org multiple times each day. (literally) HIGH COLLAGEN IS NOT GOOD, RETARDS.

High collagen is what makes old people LOOK LIKE SHIT (from years and years of turn over, build up, crosslinking, etc. dumbasses)

You do NOT unironically want high collagen, by making the process expedited/altered you often fuck your skin over in the long run.

But you need an above average intelligence to realize this, which is bad news for 99% of posters here as they don't give a fuck/are morons.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Carnivore
And as every coping moron here has done (as expected) they ignore, smear or shit on OP with zero argument whatsoever.

Sometimes being a member here feels like being in a room with a bunch of ear plugging & hand flailing retards, when you're the normal one.

It's clear as day what they're posting is 100% right -- tons of this shit OVERLY collagen-ates you -- makes you have TOO MUCH of it.

But like .org retards they don't know too much of a "good" thing can turn bad -- they just will rope (thank God) when they find out, or suffer from their stupidity. Darwin Awards are granted on .org multiple times each day. (literally) HIGH COLLAGEN IS NOT GOOD, RETARDS.

High collagen is what makes old people LOOK LIKE SHIT (from years and years of turn over, build up, crosslinking, etc. dumbasses)

You do NOT unironically want high collagen, by making the process expedited/altered you often fuck your skin over in the long run.

But you need an above average intelligence to realize this, which is bad news for 99% of posters here as they don't give a fuck/are morons.
what do you suggest then

Stay ugly, my nigga.

Stfu

• +1
Reactions: Carnivore

Oh man. I would really hate having some more collagen in my early 30s skin, that would be such a huge bummer if that happened.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 33775
The literal definition of collagen-maxed.
This is what you want or at least have something like this.