Trimax planning date is 4 days before the operation date

playboy619

playboy619

Banned
I am scheduled for planning day on 18th Feb, 2 days after I will be wearing surgical splint and then on 22nd Feb I will be operated for 6-8hours for Trimax + impacted wisdom teeth removed.

• +1
Reactions: TheRenaissanceMan
I am scheduled for planning day on 18th Feb, 2 days after I will be wearing surgical splint and then on 22nd Feb I will be operated for 6-8hours for Trimax + impacted wisdom teeth removed.
I thought the planning process is usually about a month prior the surgery date??

this is a momentous red flag.Wisdom teeth should always be removed at least 3 months but ideally 6 prior to jaw surgery . The Teeth leave a gap behind that is then filled up by bone mass. This improves stability of the bone after jaw surgery. There is medical evidence that outcomes are significantly worse when wisdom teeth are extracted during the same surgery! Also, the time between planning an surgery is way too short imo, does not give you time to discuss with other porfessionalls aand think about it yourself. This is just a personal opinion but i would dislike that as well.

Reconsider who you are having surgery with because they are obviosuly not working acording to evidence based medicine. To evaluate the surgical plan yourself you could use the just recently released paper by dr. alfaro: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36609073/

This is not the full paper but i am sure youw ill be able to find the full paper somewhere. you could also just eamil the medical cenetr alfaro wrks at, they will most liekly send it to you.

Consider my words for your own safety!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22639, Solar and Deleted member 2729
this is a momentous red flag.Wisdom teeth should always be removed at least 3 months but ideally 6 prior to jaw surgery . The Teeth leave a gap behind that is then filled up by bone mass. This improves stability of the bone after jaw surgery. There is medical evidence that outcomes are significantly worse when wisdom teeth are extracted during the same surgery! Also, the time between planning an surgery is way too short imo, does not give you time to discuss with other porfessionalls aand think about it yourself. This is just a personal opinion but i would dislike that as well.

Reconsider who you are having surgery with because they are obviosuly not working acording to evidence based medicine. To evaluate the surgical plan yourself you could use the just recently released paper by dr. alfaro: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36609073/

This is not the full paper but i am sure youw ill be able to find the full paper somewhere. you could also just eamil the medical cenetr alfaro wrks at, they will most liekly send it to you.

Consider my words for your own safety!

I have given that option too regarding getting wisdom teeth removed months before but since autists on .me claims that there is no different on the outcome if I get it removed during the surgery.

As for the surgery date close to the day of planning I think it is because my parents convinced the surgeon to get it done as soon as possible because I will be studying oversea very soon.

My cbct is on 11th Feb.

The question is how would the surgeons have enough time to order the custom splint from the lab? From my understanding on 18th Feb me and him would be exchanging what is the ideal outcome and movements and later that day he will be requesting the lab to custom made the splint like after cutting upper and lower jaw they would place my upper and lower arch on the splint before putting plate on right?

@FinasterideAt17 could you please cite the study regarding on implication of wisdom teeth removal during Bimax?

@FinasterideAt17 could you please cite the study regarding on implication of wisdom teeth removal during Bimax?
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24787081/

there are other studies that calim there is no difference as well tho. Most significanrtly there is one solid meta analysis which concludes there is no difference. I am med student, our uni recommends extraction beofre surgery. In your case you can go through with it, but it feels liek you are rushing it unnecessaily. Your safety is more valuable than studying overseas from my point of view.

• Love it
Reactions: playboy619
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24787081/

there are other studies that calim there is no difference as well tho. Most significanrtly there is one solid meta analysis which concludes there is no difference. I am med student, our uni recommends extraction beofre surgery. In your case you can go through with it, but it feels liek you are rushing it unnecessaily. Your safety is more valuable than studying overseas from my point of view.

Thanks for the references

Another crucial question would be are upper wisdom teeth usually removed for Bimax like the lower ones? Or is there a factor weather you can keep it?

Thanks for the references

Another crucial question would be are upper wisdom teeth usually removed for Bimax like the lower ones? Or is there a factor weather you can keep it?
yes they usually are as far a s i know but i think it does not have the relevance as the lower ones because there is no risk of bad split. i dont know eniugh about this however to give an actual opinion. talk to your doc about it and NEVER listen to this forum.

mine will be removed (upper and lower) before my surgery. i am having mine removes min 6 months in advacne.

• +1
yes they usually are as far a s i know but i think it does not have the relevance as the lower ones because there is no risk of bad split. i dont know eniugh about this however to give an actual opinion. talk to your doc about it and NEVER listen to this forum.

mine will be removed (upper and lower) before my surgery. i am having mine removes min 6 months in advacne.

So yours would be removed all 4?

My doctor said he wanted to see my CBCT first to gauge weather which wisdom teeth will be removed during the surgery.

The study you cited only claimed that it only increase the risk of bad split by 1.5% without other complications after the surgery.

I am also a 3rd year med student but currently taking a year off because of OSA and Trimax.

So yours would be removed all 4?

My doctor said he wanted to see my CBCT first to gauge weather which wisdom teeth will be removed during the surgery.

The study you cited only claimed that it only increase the risk of bad split by 1.5% without other complications after the surgery.

I am also a 3rd year med student but currently taking a year off because of OSA and Trimax.
yes mine will be removed all but cct has been done and is very obvious mine need to be removed becuase they are horizontal in the jaw essentially.

1.5% is a lot

i have also seen alfaro and my orthodontist discussed my case w him (altough i am not having surgery w him because €€€) and he said the yneed to be removed in advance too. my case isnt yours however.

• +1
Get your scans a while b4 then go to multiple surgeon and ask for opinions. Don’t get cucked by one surgeons

who did you consult? is he known here? if yes dm me and warn other people

wtf how?
i would love to do this for a rhinoplasty tho.

who is your surgeon