Unity game development for beginners ( 0 coding is required )

Psychophilly

Psychophilly

Oxytocin explosion
If anyone is interested in making games using Unity, i can help. i worked with unity for 6 years now and i know everything about it. It's not something that beginners could be happy with because it needs coding but with the recent AI release ChatGpt, It's freaking easy! the visual coding is bullshit and still requires coding knowledge, don't be too hyped for visual coding. i'd teach you how to code using chatgpt instead.
ChatGpt may sound all-knowing but in fact, it's only good for c# which is needed for Unity dev. i tested most programming languages on chatgpt and it seems like it's only reliable for c#.
you just need to learn what prompts to use to get results.

contact me if you want to learn.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 22886, bloomercel and LiteralCaucasian
I would love to learn how to code and such, but I'm too busy right now.
Bumping because you deserve it.

• Love it
Reactions: RopeMaxxed and Psychophilly
I would love to learn how to code and such, but I'm too busy right now.
Bumping because you deserve it.
you don't even need to learn how to code bro, chatgpt converts human language into c# almost perfectly. the only issue is that the AI is kinda retarded in terms of memory. you need to give detailed prompts. i don't even use premium, but if u do, it would work better since it's free version have limited output length and sometimes your code is longer.
even in that case, you could ask AI to split the code in half and bypass the limitation.

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Hueless, bloomercel, subhuman9001 and 1 other person
you don't even need to learn how to code bro, chatgpt converts human language into c# almost perfectly. the only issue is that the AI is kinda retarded in terms of memory. you need to give detailed prompts. i don't even use premium, but if u do, it would work better since it's free version have limited output length and sometimes your code is longer.
even in that case, you could ask AI to split the code in half and bypass the limitation.
What can I use this code for?

• +1
Reactions: Psychophilly
What can I use this code for?
Unity for instance. in Unity everything is Object oriented, everything in the game is an object. Objects behave using c#. let's say i have a sphere in the scene as game character and it has no code attached to it, so it simply stands still.
you need to write a code for the sphere to move around and jump and shit.
you just ask the AI, write a code for a sphere object so that it moves in all directions, jumps using space and double jumps in air.
it will write it. you just copy paste the code and it will work.
for more complex behaviors you have to give advanced prompts. interesting thing is that you prompts can be long and detailed and the AI still works fine.
you could write walls of text for AI and it will transfer it into code.

• +1
Reactions: LiteralCaucasian
Unity for instance. in Unity everything is Object oriented, everything in the game is an object. Objects behave using c#. let's say i have a sphere in the scene as game character and it has no code attached to it, so it simply stands still.
you need to write a code for the sphere to move around and jump and shit.
you just ask the AI, write a code for a sphere object so that it moves in all directions, jumps using space and double jumps in air.
it will write it. you just copy paste the code and it will work.
for more complex behaviors you have to give advanced prompts. interesting thing is that you prompts can be long and detailed and the AI still works fine.
you could write walls of text for AI and it will transfer it into code.
I remember trying to make a game for a school project in Unity. Didn't end well XD
Nowadays you can apparently just tell the AI to write the game for you. Truly incredible.

• +1
I remember trying to make a game for a school project in Unity. Didn't end well XD
Nowadays you can apparently just tell the AI to write the game for you. Truly incredible.
even if you want to learn how to code, you better be using chatgpt. it literally explains every line of code if you want it to.
tho i suggest using 2020 version of Unity instead of latest. chatgpt has no clue about new versions.

• +1
Reactions: LiteralCaucasian
If you think ChatGPT can do any proper coding in its current state, you haven't done any actual coding in your life.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel and Psychophilly
If you think ChatGPT can do any proper coding in its current state, you haven't done any actual coding in your life.
title says "for beginners", ofc it wont make a GTA IV code. It's good for making indie games, i really mean it. i've been testing this for 2 weeks now.
when you finish your game, you can hire an expert to review the code and fix it's issues. way cheaper than hiring him to code from start.

a beginner way of learning c# in unity is painful, you have to keep searching stackoverflow and unity communities and API docs so that finally your character does what u wanted it.
99% of these beginner journeys are similar, most of them don't want a unique gameplay mechanic. like having a character move is basics, AI will give you results that you would come up with yourself after hours of search and try and error.

title says "for beginners", ofc it wont make a GTA IV code. It's good for making indie games
it's good for writing the kind of code you do in first and second year of college. And it still fucks it up so you need some understanding to know how to fix it. Anything else is beyond its capabilities
, i really mean it. i've been testing this for 2 weeks now.
when you finish your game, you can hire an expert to review the code and fix it's issues. way cheaper than hiring him to code from start.
Yeah, because making a game is just getting a bunch of code that you don't even know what it is or where to put it.

This has to be some weird larp.

I remember messing around with my old assignments from second year of college and it gave me absolutely autistic results. And I knew how to prompt it well.
It's no good beyond simple leetcode.

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel
it's good for writing the kind of code you do in first and second year of college. And it still fucks it up so you need some understanding to know how to fix it. Anything else is beyond its capabilities

Yeah, because making a game is just getting a bunch of code that you don't even know what it is or where to put it.

I remember messing around with my old assignments from second year of college and it gave me absolutely autistic results. And I knew how to prompt it well.
i know and that's why i said beginner. if i had chatgpt when i first started learning c# and Unity, my learning progress would be much faster.
it literally comments all blocks of code so that human can understand, imagine if i had this when i started.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman9001
i know and that's why i said beginner. if i had chatgpt when i first started learning c# and Unity, my learning progress would be much faster.
it literally comments all blocks of code so that human can understand, imagine if i had this when i started.
Yes, it's very good for learning as it's basically Google2.0. You don't have to interact with the degenerates on Stackoverflow as much anymore.

• +1

Yeah ChatGPT can be good if u need to quickly retrieve some standard boilerplate code or get info on a library/module that would be relevant to ur needs

But even with the best prompts, it has no regard for the wider context of ur app/project. It's just a somewhat inaccurate, but in some cases more convenient search engine.

• +1
Reactions: Psychophilly and subhuman9001
Yeah ChatGPT can be good if u need to quickly retrieve some standard boilerplate code or get info on a library/module that would be relevant to ur needs

But even with the best prompts, it has no regard for the wider context of ur app/project. It's just a somewhat inaccurate, but in some cases more convenient search engine.
chatgpt doesn't know your entry project and other codes, which dosen't matter much for an object oriented game engine. you just have to understand how to use it.
it has tons of unity code in it's database, something that none other tools have currently. let's be honest 70% of game devs can't code without google and internet, chatgpt is the ultimate search engine for c# coding right now.

anything u come up with has already been worked on before, you can't read all unity community but AI did.

If anyone is interested in making games using Unity, i can help. i worked with unity for 6 years now and i know everything about it. It's not something that beginners could be happy with because it needs coding but with the recent AI release ChatGpt, It's freaking easy! the visual coding is bullshit and still requires coding knowledge, don't be too hyped for visual coding. i'd teach you how to code using chatgpt instead.
ChatGpt may sound all-knowing but in fact, it's only good for c# which is needed for Unity dev. i tested most programming languages on chatgpt and it seems like it's only reliable for c#.

Could you help me with a world in VR chat I know the metaverse trend has died down but I think it will resurface soon the concept has so much potential. VR web games or VR worlds

Could you help me with a world in VR chat I know the metaverse trend has died down but I think it will resurface soon the concept has so much potential. VR web games or VR worlds
sword art online, huh?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
I was thinking more a social type game. Like roblox/minecraft but in VR.
socializing alone has never been interesting for people.
it should be a world full of adventures and quests but more like how killing the dragon in mc is a quest. they shoudn't be forced to play a story line.
they should be able to build houses and shit, smith weapons etc.
i'm actually working on something similar rn, it's good for VR too. in my game rn, you control a spaceship in space, there are many stars far away from each other and each star plays a unique classic song ( piano and shit ) part of your navigation relies on hearing the songs from distance and recognizing it because this spaceship can't see much far.

as you get closer to the stars, the music pitch and speed changes. you orbit the star at different distance to hear a different pitch of the song.

• +1
i didn't know making 3D audio is that complicated before this project tbh.

• +1
socializing alone has never been interesting for people.
it should be a world full of adventures and quests but more like how killing the dragon in mc is a quest. they shoudn't be forced to play a story line.
they should be able to build houses and shit, smith weapons etc.
i'm actually working on something similar rn, it's good for VR too. in my game rn, you control a spaceship in space, there are many stars far away from each other and each star plays a unique classic song ( piano and shit ) part of your navigation relies on hearing the songs from distance and recognizing it because this spaceship can't see much far.

as you get closer to the stars, the music pitch and speed changes. you orbit the star at different distance to hear a different pitch of the song.
idk maybe thats just because I am a weirdo but I always like socializing in games cause I had no friends thats the reason I got minecraft in the first place even lol.

I think social aspect of games is a big part look at VR chat for example an entire game built solely around socializing. Hell this whole forum acts a a segregate social media for autists.I think thats easier to build then a stand alone solo game

i didn't know making 3D audio is that complicated before this project tbh.
Oh are you talking about the audio that makes it seem like with headphones a noise is right behind you?

Oh are you talking about the audio that makes it seem like with headphones a noise is right behind you?
yeah ambisonic stuff
i want the player to use hearing to navigate in the space, since stars are so far away. made it a bit realistic tbh
also i'm bending time when spaceship gets closer to stars and it affects how music plays in that time scale. its kinda problematic and fun.

• +1
yeah ambisonic stuff
i want the player to use hearing to navigate in the space, since stars are so far away. made it a bit realistic tbh
also i'm bending time when spaceship gets closer to stars and it affects how music plays in that time scale. its kinda problematic and fun.
Will you be able to play this on the oculus?

if project actually finishes, it's just in the expermintal phase i'm not really planning to make it, just having fun for now. if the idea grows on me, then yes defiantly would make it for VR.

• +1
if project actually finishes, it's just in the expermintal phase i'm not really planning to make it, just having fun for now. if the idea grows on me, then yes defiantly would make it for VR.
I would help you I know C++ learning JS and some python...

• +1
you know why my idea is good?
VR players don't want to walk and shit, they just want to sit. in this game, they are always sitting at the spaceship, controlling it. i made the controls kinda hard and needs maintenance.

• Love it
I would help you I know C++ learning JS and some python...
ok but lets brainstorm on the idea first. imagine, all players would be at the same server in a open space. players can make stations and broadcast music or radio, podcast, lofi beats, etc. and to hear them, you'd have to travel to their station wherever it is.
people wouldn't want nearby noisy neighbors and there would be territories.
consider the entry space is generated and goes on forever if players explore.

• +1
you know why my idea is good?
VR players don't want to walk and shit, they just want to sit. in this game, they are always sitting at the spaceship, controlling it. i made the controls kinda hard and needs maintenance.
Yeah ship type games do work well with VR I imagine WW2 style battles would be fun too!

• +1
ok but lets brainstorm on the idea first. imagine, all players would be at the same server in a open space. players can make stations and broadcast music or radio, podcast, lofi beats, etc. and to hear them, you'd have to travel to their station wherever it is.
people wouldn't want nearby noisy neighbors and there would be territories.
consider the entry space is generated and goes on forever if players explore.
Did you get this idea from a black mirror episode?

Did you get this idea from a black mirror episode?
nah, pure random.
Unity is more like a place to tinker for me, i start a empty project and do random shit until it makes sense. i didn't start with this in mind, i think i was trying to make radio transmitter or sth at first.

• +1
nah, pure random.
Unity is more like a place to tinker for me, i start a empty project and do random shit until it makes sense. i didn't start with this in mind, i think i was trying to make radio transmitter or sth at first.
I mentioned it because there was a game modeled off star trek in an episode that sounds similar to your game lol.

I mentioned it because there was a game modeled off star trek in an episode that sounds similar to your game lol.
yeah, good episode too. dude could copy consciousness into virtual reality and treat them however he wanted.

• +1
yeah, good episode too. dude could copy consciousness into virtual reality and treat them however he wanted.
Yeah idk he did some weird shit like making them larp star trek forever weird nerd shit.

• +1

Help me, bro.