USA or Germany for jaw surgery?

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
Title, I have both American and German citizenship. I desperately need jaw surgery for medical purposes (Of course, I will heavily factor in aesthetics as well). Thinking bimax (BSSO+Le Fort 1) + CCW impaction.

What is the better idea, staying in America and getting something done here or going to Germany and getting one there? I am considering Germany due to its better social programs, so I could get better insurance coverage there (Especially as I am a citizen).

I know people say not to rely on insurance coverage or you will turn up with bad aesthetics so I will definitely pay if necessary but I know nearly all doctors try to get insurance coverage (At least partially) for the surgery, especially if you have a medical reason which I do.

Finally, I could also maybe get it done somewhere else in the EU due to their porous borders but idk how the coverage would work, idk just let me know what you think and I don't mind getting it outside of America/EU if necessary too, all that matters is the 1. looks, 2. the health, and finally 3. the price+how insurance covers it but that's the last priority.

Sorry for the kinda long post but needed to say this all because I know people would have just asked me these questions anyways if I didn't answer them in the OP

• +1
Reactions: Blond3cel
American doctors are better than germans tbh

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr and Deleted member 19766
What is the better idea, staying in America and getting something done here or going to Germany and getting one there? I am considering Germany due to its better social programs, so I could get better insurance coverage there (Especially as I am a citizen).
What insurance is gonna cover a cosmetic procedure?

• +1
Reactions: Blond3cel
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
Americans surgeons live in expensive areas and thus their prices are way too high.

Imagine paying 12K for a mere genioplasty that you could get for 4K in Western Europe.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766 and Blond3cel
i think the better question is how much freedom do you have in each country to pick your surgeon if it is an insurance-covered sleep apnea case

At least in the USA I know it depends on your insurance, it will have to be someone in network, and most the time they choose someone for you, and whoever they choose may not give any shit about aesthetics, wont be comfortable doing impactions, rotations, widening etc

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766