Visual representation of muscle atrophy during femoral leg lengthening

R

Realism

Bronze
Figured it might be of interest to someone, a visual representation of muscle loss in one year timeline of bilateral femoral leg lengthening

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • Peak swelling 1 week after.jpg
    Peak swelling 1 week after.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 0
  • 1 month in.jpg
    1 month in.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Removal.jpg
    Removal.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3 months after.jpg
    3 months after.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Absent adductor.jpg
    Absent adductor.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Current 1 year mark.jpg
    Current 1 year mark.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: crosshold, Acne Victim, thecel and 8 others
Looks like cyclist thighs in the first pic--almost ridiculous how big and round they are.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper, weebcel, Mouthbreath and 2 others
Is this your own pics?

Mirin the dedication how long are you in and how much did you lengthen

Nice, you dont have deformed, male-gaze, orge legs anymore

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and LowTrust
My weak thighs will even get even less muscular

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27772
Figured it might be of interest to someone, a visual representation of muscle loss in one year timeline of bilateral femoral leg lengthening
Who was the surgeon? Im miring hard.

Who was the surgeon? Im miring hard.
PMd,
Oh and if anyone is contemplating this procedure, my PMs are always open.
Although, I'd say it helps being a bit naive going into this, lol

• +1
Reactions: MadTwatter and Fgsfds
PMd,
Oh and if anyone is contemplating this procedure, my PMs are always open.
Although, I'd say it helps being a bit naive going into this, lol
How long was the lengthening and how long did it take for you to start walking again?

How long was the lengthening and how long did it take for you to start walking again?
Probably a week after removal, but barely walking is different from walking normal. You'll walk like a penguin due to all the muscle loss, particularly your abductors/glute muscles which work as stabilizers.
It's all about progressively overloading and you'll walk more and more normal on a weekly basis.

• +1
Reactions: MadTwatter and Deleted member 20631
one of the best looksmaxxers on here!

Yo that CRAZY loss.

How much did you squat before and now?

How much did you squat before and now?
374 lbs before, like 3 years ago. Squats never been my lift, I like deadlifts much more which I've done 550lbs in.

I haven't done a single squat or deadlift after, and I won't do that before full consolidation and rod removal and some time after that.

It's a complicated process, as you need rods until bone is fully consolidated which is a 1 and a half- 2 year process. And right after you remove the rods, you'll have to be careful as the bones are in a weaker state, due to the rods having carried some of the load.

But yeah, if your aim is to be good at squats or deadlifts, don't do this surgery, as you're likely never going to be able to lift as much as you did, due to the simple reason that long femurs aren't favored in those lifts.

If I do a body squat now, basically doing a quarter squat gives me the same feeling as going ass to the grass pre surgery lol.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20368 and Mouthbreath
374 lbs before, like 3 years ago. Squats never been my lift, I like deadlifts much more which I've done 550lbs in.

I haven't done a single squat or deadlift after, and I won't do that before full consolidation and rod removal and some time after that.

It's a complicated process, as you need rods until bone is fully consolidated which is a 1 and a half- 2 year process. And right after you remove the rods, you'll have to be careful as the bones are in a weaker state, due to the rods having carried some of the load.

But yeah, if your aim is to be good at squats or deadlifts, don't do this surgery, as you're likely never going to be able to lift as much as you did, due to the simple reason that long femurs aren't favored in those lifts.

If I do a body squat now, basically doing a quarter squat gives me the same feeling as going ass to the grass pre surgery lol.

How painful was it bro? Also do u still train upper body

How painful was it bro? Also do u still train upper body
I stopped all training during the lengthening. I mean, it's hard to describe the pain, using the VAS scale it could be 9/10 at times when the effect of pain killers would wear off. Its very mentally draining simply due to having to deal with this pain over such a long period of time.

• +1
Reactions: klamus and Unsh
Detuve todo el entrenamiento durante el alargamiento. Quiero decir, es difícil describir el dolor, usando la escala VAS podría ser 9/10 en momentos en que el efecto de los analgésicos desaparecería. Es muy mentalmente agotador simplemente por tener que lidiar con este dolor durante un período de tiempo tan largo.
¿Es posible volver a practicar un deporte como el fútbol después de la cirugía?

This is muscle atrophy because of disuse, not nerve damage?

Not bad at all. He'll get most of it back

Small update 7 months after I made this post.
Here's how they look currently, this is without any kind of pump.
Essentially I only perform leg extensions/leg curls until I get my internal rods removed, which is gonna take place sometime this year, as my bone has now fully consolidated.

Attachments

• 356596631_630938825802397_8906276974471977538_n.jpg
    356596631_630938825802397_8906276974471977538_n.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: crosshold
how much did you gain in the end?

Small update 7 months after I made this post.
Here's how they look currently, this is without any kind of pump.
Essentially I only perform leg extensions/leg curls until I get my internal rods removed, which is gonna take place sometime this year, as my bone has now fully consolidated.
Looks fine. Don't get into your previous "broiler thighs" state, in contrast with much smaller calfs, look ridiculous.

• +1
Reactions: Realism
Looks fine. Don't get into your previous "broiler thighs" state, in contrast with much smaller calfs, look ridiculous.
Yeah I actually realised that. It sucks though because current size is just from leg extensions/curls with pretty moderate weights.
I do want to get back into heavy deadlifts, and leg presses once I can, because i enjoy it, but then my legs will go back to the previous size 🤔
I actually considered calf implants with my previous legs lol.