Vit C

David17

David17

hallucinating
I've been taking 2000 - 3000 mgs of Vitamin C daily for abt 2 weeks now. I started taking that much cause I was sick and needed to boost my immune system.
My skin generally looks better and my lips are nice and red.

But I've read that 2000mg is the upper limit, will i get fucked over long term?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer and Nick.Harte
Do you take it in supplement form?

This is what i found on the web.

Anti oxidants can actually be pro oxidants if you have mitochondrial membrane complex issues or NAD metabolic problems / imbalance with age.
How do free radicals get quenched and removed from the body? The body cleaves electrons off of the substance, reducing its reactivity, making it less dangerous and easier to incorporate or dispose of.
But what happens if large amounts of anti oxidants rapidly quench and reduce free radicals and pollutants in the body, releasing massive amounts of electrons?
Normally, those electrons would be shuttled into the electron transport chain and used to make ATP. But, as you get older, or if you have mitochondrial membrane complex 1 to 4 issues, your body is less able to handle a flood of electrons.
This can lead to metabolic bottle necks or even overflows.
What does this mean? Those electrons can lead to a flood of hydrogen peroxide in the body. If the H2O2 levels overwhelm the ability of Catalase to quench it all down to water; If it builds up: greying hair, stem cell issues, mtdna number decreases and telemorase issues, leading to lowered maximum replicative lifespan of stem cells and mitochondria.
Rapidly increased aging.
Vitamin E, a powerful anti oxidant, can significantly lower lifespan. The studies can never accurately tell you why. I can. It's the overwhelming flood of electrons into the ECC.
Resolving electron transport chain issues is important for healthy aging.
As for NAD+ and Nadh. NADh is an electron donor. If you have too high NADh, it shows metabolic disorder. Shows you have electron transport chain issues.
If you don't resolve them, it's possible supplementing NAD will just rapidly convert to NADh, adding fuel to metabolic fire.
The fix for that, in leiu of fixing the electron transport chain, is combining all anti oxidants with electron acceptors or getting more in the diet.
They can mop them up, order them properly, recycle them for use, or help dispose of them.
We need more electron acceptors and less electron donors in our diets. Especially when combined with NAD or anti oxidants.

oxidative stress can be a good thing sometimes and letting cells die and be replaced with new cells is sometimes good for us. Constantly taking antioxidants is not a good thing, but taking antioxidants when we're under a lot of stress, not getting good sleep, or are otherwise sick or ill can be extremely beneficial. But chronic use of antioxidants actually causes oxidation (ironically.) They also (indirectly) lay out why taking antioxidants while we're sick can be a good thing by excellently pointing out that we produce more H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide--a molecule that our body also produces to help fight infection). Excess H202/other oxygen species production is very beneficial in the short-term while we're battling infection--but it is catastrophically damaging over the long term because it causes us to age through more rapid oxidation of our cells and DNA.

https://looksmax.org/threads/compilation-of-blackpill-megathread.879078/#post-13617689

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: iam good boy, thereallegend, BrahminBoss and 3 others

Anti oxidants can actually be pro oxidants if you have mitochondrial membrane complex issues or NAD metabolic problems / imbalance with age.
How do free radicals get quenched and removed from the body? The body cleaves electrons off of the substance, reducing its reactivity, making it less dangerous and easier to incorporate or dispose of.
But what happens if large amounts of anti oxidants rapidly quench and reduce free radicals and pollutants in the body, releasing massive amounts of electrons?
Normally, those electrons would be shuttled into the electron transport chain and used to make ATP. But, as you get older, or if you have mitochondrial membrane complex 1 to 4 issues, your body is less able to handle a flood of electrons.
What does this mean? Those electrons can lead to a flood of hydrogen peroxide in the body. If the H2O2 levels overwhelm the ability of Catalase to quench it all down to water; If it builds up: greying hair, stem cell issues, mtdna number decreases and telemorase issues, leading to lowered maximum replicative lifespan of stem cells and mitochondria.
Rapidly increased aging.
Vitamin E, a powerful anti oxidant, can significantly lower lifespan. The studies can never accurately tell you why. I can. It's the overwhelming flood of electrons into the ECC.
As for NAD+ and Nadh. NADh is an electron donor. If you have too high NADh, it shows metabolic disorder. Shows you have electron transport chain issues.
If you don't resolve them, it's possible supplementing NAD will just rapidly convert to NADh, adding fuel to metabolic fire.
The fix for that, in leiu of fixing the electron transport chain, is combining all anti oxidants with electron acceptors or getting more in the diet.
They can mop them up, order them properly, recycle them for use, or help dispose of them.
We need more electron acceptors and less electron donors in our diets. Especially when combined with NAD or anti oxidants.

oxidative stress can be a good thing sometimes and letting cells die and be replaced with new cells is sometimes good for us. Constantly taking antioxidants is not a good thing, but taking antioxidants when we're under a lot of stress, not getting good sleep, or are otherwise sick or ill can be extremely beneficial. But chronic use of antioxidants actually causes oxidation (ironically.) They also (indirectly) lay out why taking antioxidants while we're sick can be a good thing by excellently pointing out that we produce more H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide--a molecule that our body also produces to help fight infection). Excess H202/other oxygen species production is very beneficial in the short-term while we're battling infection--but it is catastrophically damaging over the long term because it causes us to age through more rapid oxidation of our cells and DNA.

https://looksmax.org/threads/compilation-of-blackpill-megathread.879078/#post-13617689
Supplemented NAD can’t become NADH.

• Woah
Reactions: thereallegend
wow fuck. so i gotta eat 40 oranges a day or what jfl
No, there may be better supplements of vitamin c out there though. But you don’t need 1000 mg of vitamin c tbh.

• +1
Reactions: David17

Rapidly increased aging.

Seems like something Aajonus would say

No, there may be better supplements of vitamin c out there though. But you don’t need 1000 mg of vitamin c tbh.
there’s liposomal vitamin c for better absorption but I think all of them use absorbic acid

• +1
Theres barely any need to go above 100mg of vitamin c daily, especially in supplement dosages of 1 gram it heavily impairs copper absorption

• +1
Isn't ascorbic acid just the purest form of vit C? Natural vit c just has other nutrients with it.
FB666FAA 4970 454D 81F6 4E73EE05E859

• +1
vit c disolves in water just like any vitamin apart from vit a, d and e

meaning u cant overdose on it and just piss out the rest

oh right, thats why my piss burns

• +1
Reactions: hypnode

B-vitamins are also water-soluble yet they can still cause toxicity symptoms such as nerve damage in excess.

Not to mention the possible downstream effects on the absorbtion of other nutrients when some vitamin is taken in isolation+high dosages in supplement form without cofactors that are found in food sources

• +1
Reactions: buflek and David17

Rapidly increased aging.

Shut the fuck up jungle niggeRRR

Isn't ascorbic acid just the purest form of vit C? Natural vit c just has other nutrients with it.
I actually don’t know

• +1