What causes people to lose so much weight on Keto/Carnivore ?

ZoomerSpicoid415

ZoomerSpicoid415

Bronze
Is it actual fat/muscle or? lets assume people are in a normal deficit of -500-1000, alot of these people lose extreme amounts per month 15-25lbs

What causes this? Curious

• +1
Reactions: EzzrenBrahhh
no carbs means no glycogen and no excess water weight

• +1
Reactions: lebronjames23 and Sprinkles
water, literally.

when you eat no carbs you lose like 5 kilos of water.

• +1
Reactions: forevermirin
water, literally.

when you eat no carbs you lose like 5 kilos of water.
Makes sense now, I knew those numbers were bs

Makes sense now, I knew those numbers were bs
you regain it as soon as you eat some carbs again, boxers and bodybuilders tend to cut carbs before shows/exhibitions to make it to their weight-in, after they meet the classification they carb up again.

you can accomplish the same by sitting in a sauna.

• +1
Reactions: forevermirin
Is it actual fat/muscle or? lets assume people are in a normal deficit of -500-1000, alot of these people lose extreme amounts per month 15-25lbs

What causes this? Curious
You can eat as much carbs as you want so it's easier to gain bodyweight, meat is much more filling

Waterweight lol

Carbs hold on to water

Carbs it's looksmin + unhealthy, you can cut all carbs and after losing some weight, consume some healthy carbs slowly

Body composition is determined by hormones primarily. Calories only matter if hormones are assumed to be normalized/controlled. But in the real world how the body uses and stores calories is driven by hormones. This should kinda be obvious but the fitness community is still recovering from decades of calories in - calories out midwittery and ideologies trying to normalize eating junk food and having eating disorders.

Carnivore is just giving your body what it needs and nothing else, it's like running a car on race fuel. It leads to a positive shift in nutrient partitioning and thus improved body composition without needing to pay attention to calories.