What is the most efficient method for learning a language?

Sexually Disabled

Sexually Disabled

Kraken
Title.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29581
Duolingo and chat rooms/discord
I used a book given to me by my great grandmother when i was little to learn all of the german words, and subtexts..

• +1
Reactions: Sexually Disabled
I believe that Duolingo is overrated. The app slows down user progress too much. Something you can learn in an hour will take you a week to complete on Duolingo. Also, the strict word choice makes it so that you're just memorising phrases instead of engaging with your target language like a native.

• +1
Reactions: mogstars
I believe that Duolingo is overrated. The app slows down user progress too much. Something you can learn in an hour will take you a week to complete on Duolingo. Also, the strict word choice makes it so that you're just memorising phrases instead of engaging with your target language like a native.
Wasn’t my experience while learning italian, and I learned spanish in school whilst starting my duolingo, def was more variety in the teaching from duo

Wasn’t my experience while learning italian, and I learned spanish in school whilst starting my duolingo, def was more variety in the teaching from duo
I was taught French at school and I agree autodidactism mogs by far.

• +1
I was taught French at school and I agree autodidactism mogs by far.
Don’t know if you’re in america but I always ask my friends that pick french over spanish or german this, do you use it?

Don’t know if you’re in america but I always ask my friends that pick french over spanish or german this, do you use it?
I rarely use duolingo. I just think it takes too long.

• +1
  • +1
Duolingo is dogshit.

Best method is downloading Anki and a deck for that language, lern 10 new words a day, go over the grammar, and then read or watch content you are interested in in the language you are learning

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: horizontallytall, mogstars, Splinter901 and 3 others
Duolingo is dogshit.

Best method is downloading Anki and a deck for that language, lern 10 new words a day, go over the grammar, and then read or watch content you are interested in in the language you are learning
what about learning from books about learming a new language

what about learning from books about learming a new language
What do you mean? Grammar books?

I wouldn't say you can effectivly learn the entire language just through that. You only the the most basic grammar anyway, all the other grammar structures you will aquire by hearing or reading the language.

If you mean reading a normal book in the language your learning and looking up words you don't know, then yeah thats a good strategy.

• +1
Reactions: Magnum Opus
Hitchhiking if you’re low inhib and know the very basics of the language

My German improved more in 2 weeks by riding with strangers than the 2 years I had it in high school

• +1
Reactions: Lysine and Sexually Disabled
be 5 years old and have your parents speak it to you

use flashcards, i'm using this flaschard program called anki to learn spanish and made alot of progress. It's really useful, you can load up other people's or community flashcards on there which is the best part.

spaced repetition software but it's also extremely boring and autistic