When you think about it, competition is really really small in eCommerce. Anyone can get rich

D

Deleted member 26859

Greatest Blackpill Philosopher of Our Time
When you think about it, competition is really really small in eCommerce. Anyone can get rich

Think about it , lets use Germany as an example.

Theres like 80 million people there.

Lets say your only selling ecommerce products in germany.

Now how many people out of that 80 million are wageslaves? 99%

now how many of those people decided to try escape the rat race and create a business? 1%

now how many of those people decicded to do ecommerce as their business? 5% of the 1%

now how many of those people decided to do ecommerce in the niche of.. lets say.. gym equipment like dumbells and barbells and weights , like 0.0001%

so ur competition really is only a handful of people if you choose that niche in ecommerce.

Now how many of those people will dedicate their entire lives and entire wages into building that ecommerce business, for years? doing all the marketing, manufacturing the product etc... an even tinier %

ur competition in ecom in ur country in niches that theres millions per month to be made, is only a handful of people.

• +1
Reactions: greycel, Dietsnasta, Deleted member 6128 and 4 others
who are you trying to convince?

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 32546
pretty much. i jsut write my thoughts here and post to see what ppl can add to my mental debates
I know. I wasn't making fun of you.

God Damn, I love being NEET
Screenshot 20230803 025338 DuckDuckGo

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: goldpill, Deleted member 17244 and aspiringexcel
true. i'm literally rich doing this

there is something to be said about intentional demotivation to produce more and more cogs but the reality is that most people are not cut out for running their own business or making money independently, especially not most kids without any skills.

there is something to be said about intentional demotivation to produce more and more cogs but the reality is that most people are not cut out for running their own business or making money independently, especially not most kids without any skills.
What skills are required?

you cant go into an industry and make money out of it without having some sort of experience with the professional side of that industry. Unless you are giga high iq or youre tapping into a new industry, but chinese conglomerates have tapped in to all forms of making money online

• +1
Reactions: Dietsnasta and Tylermax
you cant go into an industry and make money out of it without having some sort of experience with the professional side of that industry. Unless you are giga high iq or youre tapping into a new industry, but chinese conglomerates have tapped in to all forms of making money online

you're overcomplicating it. you just buy gym equipment on facebook marketplace and sell it on ebay or whatever. blah blah blah muh skills, muh iq

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24347, Dietsnasta, Deleted member 26859 and 1 other person

now how many of those people decided to try escape the rat race and create a business? 1%

now how many of those people decicded to do ecommerce as their business? 5% of the 1%

now how many of those people decided to do ecommerce in the niche of.. lets say.. gym equipment like dumbells and barbells and weights , like 0.0001%

so ur competition really is only a handful of people if you choose that niche in ecommerce.

Now how many of those people will dedicate their entire lives and entire wages into building that ecommerce business, for years? doing all the marketing, manufacturing the product etc... an even tinier %

ur competition in ecom in ur country in niches that theres millions per month to be made, is only a handful of people.
Its same thing as onlyfans/youtube or anything, anyone could start an ecom but chances of it becoming successful enough to net you anything worthwhile is low. Effort doesnt equal reward, its more about who happens to strike gold first, not who did the most digging

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and kranerman23123
you're overcomplicating it. you just buy gym equipment on facebook marketplace and sell it on ebay or whatever. blah blah blah muh skills, muh iq
That's not scalable at all

Its same thing as onlyfans/youtube or anything, anyone could start an ecom but chances of it becoming successful enough to net you anything worthwhile is low. Effort doesnt equal reward, its more about who happens to strike gold first, not who did the most digging
Perfectly put. You're playing the lottery with your effort

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
That's not scalable at all
Some dude on reddit says he makes 6 figures doing it. He posted some of his flips. It looked legit. The numbers made sense. I'm judging from the perspective of someone who does the same thing.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26859
not anyone could start an ecom. most arent interested in ecom. most dont have the required information to do start/do well in ecom. most wont put all their wages into it for months and years until it works. only a tiny tiny handful of people will do those things, and chances of success are high if u do that

and its not about who strikes gold first, although it would help to be first and have money

• +1
Reactions: Dietsnasta
not anyone could start an ecom. most arent interested in ecom. most dont have the required information to do start/do well in ecom. most wont put all their wages into it for months and years until it works. only a tiny tiny handful of people will do those things, and chances of success are high if u do that

and its not about who strikes gold first, although it would help to be first and have money
So its exactly like he says, youre playing the lottery with your effort.

Some dude on reddit says he makes 6 figures doing it. He posted some of his flips. It looked legit. The numbers made sense. I'm judging from the perspective of someone who does the same thing.
I believe it but thats not really a business, its just flipping shit. Your success with that is gonna depend on the market you live in

So its exactly like he says, youre playing the lottery with your effort.
theres no other option. u and him have a slave mindset. you will stay slaves forever

I believe it but thats not really a business, its just flipping shit. Your success with that is gonna depend on the market you live in
But that's true of many businesses. And what if he opens a used gym equipment store, does it count as a business then?

theres no other option. u and him have a slave mindset. you will stay slaves forever
im not a wagecuck coper. Just giving you the harsh reality of what it takes to get where I am

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 26859
im not a wagecuck coper. Just giving you the harsh reality of what it takes to get where I am
apologies, i guess ur right then. but id say its a decent chance of success if u actually do everything required, and put a decent amount of money into it, and stick to it for a long time . all those things increase chances of success

• +1
Reactions: kranerman23123
@Pretty thoughts on this one

@Pretty thoughts on this one
The problem is that ecom owners just buy their competition on copy what their doing. Essentially you’re being eaten up by someone who has already made it.

Those handful of people you’re competing against have a massive edge against you.

Ecom is an easy beginner business but to scale it to a million or more yearly is fucking difficult.

• +1
Okay, but what if he's making the exact same sales that he would if he had a store? Why is that just flipping? Like I have an ebay "store." Is that just flipping, but if I rented a physical store suddenly I'd be a real business? The transactions are all that matters.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care about being a real business. Making money is making money.

Okay, but what if he's making the exact same sales that he would if he had a store? Why is that just flipping? Like I have an ebay "store." Is that just flipping, but if I rented a physical store suddenly I'd be a real business? The transactions are all that matters.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care about being a real business. Making money is making money.
Flipping is an industry, just there are professional flippers and amateur flippers and youre competing with them all. But if youre successful at it and youre making a legitimate living off of it thats great. In my opinion the difference between an actual business and a "hustle" is whether or not you have a business model and a formula for how you flip and what you are going to flip or if youre just buying random equipment you find and selling them online without any real rhyme or reason or strategy. The business is scalable and secure and the hustle is much more volatile and unstable. Both might bring in the same amount of profit for a certain period of time but the business will outlast the dude who is hustling and isnt actually developing any knowledge or experience or strategy. Think of drug dealers how some are apart of legitimate hierarchies, pre weigh their sacks, dont smoke their selling stash, and others are just junkies who buy from those professional dealers and sell some of their stash to other junkies while they smoke it away so they can pay for the next sack from another unknown and unplanned source.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Flipping is an industry, just there are professional flippers and amateur flippers and youre competing with them all. But if youre successful at it and youre making a legitimate living off of it thats great. In my opinion the difference between an actual business and a "hustle" is whether or not you have a business model and a formula for how you flip and what you are going to flip or if youre just buying random equipment you find and selling them online without any real rhyme or reason or strategy. The business is scalable and secure and the hustle is much more volatile and unstable. Both might bring in the same amount of profit for a certain period of time but the business will outlast the dude who is hustling and isnt actually developing any knowledge or experience or strategy. Think of drug dealers how some are apart of legitimate hierarchies, pre weigh their sacks, dont smoke their selling stash, and others are just junkies who buy from those professional dealers and sell some of their stash to other junkies while they smoke it away so they can pay for the next sack from another unknown and unplanned source.
yeah, the driving around to yard sales/thrift stores/estate sales model isn't scalable in most cases because there's only so much time to get around. although there was another dude on r/flipping who said he made 6 figures just selling costume jewelry he got at estate sales, and I believe him too because I've seen giant lots of the stuff at estate sales and pieces selling for $1000+ on ebay.

i think a lot of people just don't realize how much "free money" is up for grabs every day though.

Ur never gonna make it if u use percentiles to calculate ur succes

• JFL

that can be said about anything though, put years of work and all your wages towards anything and you'll be ahead of anyone who doesnt. If you have to do that for something then its because its not really rewarding. Something that rewards you is something you start benefitting from right away and the harder you work then the more you get. If you have to grind for years just for a vague promise of a chance at success then its not worth the time. I'm not against ecom you just have to actually be able to see success fairly quickly and efficiently otherwise its cope that you'll "someday" be succesful

• +1
that can be said about anything though, put years of work and all your wages towards anything and you'll be ahead of anyone who doesnt. If you have to do that for something then its because its not really rewarding. Something that rewards you is something you start benefitting from right away and the harder you work then the more you get. If you have to grind for years just for a vague promise of a chance at success then its not worth the time. I'm not against ecom you just have to actually be able to see success fairly quickly and efficiently otherwise its cope that you'll "someday" be succesful
fair points. i heard a millionaire guy say that too. you need to make money in it asap . ill try

• +1
Reactions: Sleeper

Only a handful of people... until you start counting all the employees, capital, market-share, yadda yadda yadda

You have your mind in the right place though, if you're serious, I recommend you read The Bezos Letters and Poor Charlie's Almanack

• +1