Why are my teeth not centered?

Use1ess

Use1ess

Iron
My teeth are straight just not in the centre how do I fix? They never use to be like this only over past year have been moving to one side of my face .

sleep on the other side, go to orthodontics

• +1
Reactions: Use1ess
sleep on the other side, go to orthodontics
Yeah I use to sleep on my back but cos I back problems I have to sleep I was told to sleep on my side so I switch side each night. Orthodontics won’t do anything because I have great teeth “apparently” but top ones aren’t in middle.

Get braces otherwise your wisdom teeth won’t erupt.

They never use to be like this only over past year have been moving to one side of my face
What, like they’re shifting? This can happen naturally over time, especially as you get older, but there are also so many other factors that could’ve caused this.

Orthodontics won’t do anything because I have great teeth “apparently” but top ones aren’t in middle.
And have your teeth always been misaligned? If so, then it’s more of a maxillary problem.

• +1
What, like they’re shifting? This can happen naturally over time, especially as you get older, but there are also so many other factors that could’ve caused this.

And have your teeth always been misaligned? If so, then it’s more of a maxillary problem.
Yeah they have been shifting, I'm unsure why as they have been moving gradually even with me sleeping on the opposite side to try and counter act this. I am aware of the fact that they can shift as you get older. Another factor I considered was that it could be that I was chewing more on one side so for the past 6-8 months I have been chewing gum on both sides.

I had an over bite when I was younger as a result of having a dummy/pacifier for too long because my mum did not care, however with time this has nearly gone as my palate has became less narrow and my teeth have always been very straight. I think there might be a slight maxillary problem although it is not the main problem. Under closer inspection of my teeth the first premolar on my left side is slightly recessed (image is flipped so its the right side) but this should not have as much of an impact as it appears to have. I was concerned that maybe my tongue is the problem by not being centred and instead at an angle. So when my upper mandible has been increasing in width from mewing and a bit of face pulling (as it not yet fused because I'm still growing it has cause my teeth to misalign.)

I have considered braces for straight teeth but at the cost of recessing the maxillary; is it worth it for a small malocclusion?

I have considered braces for straight teeth but at the cost of recessing the maxillary; is it worth it for a small malocclusion?
I’ve never heard of braces causing a maxilla to recess, but either way, I don’t think it’s worth it. Save your money. Your teeth look great man, no bs

• +1
I’ve never heard of braces causing a maxilla to recess, but either way, I don’t think it’s worth it. Save your money. Your teeth look great man, no bs
Thanks I think your right; I should stop overthinking it lol. They can sort of recess maxilla with over bites as they push the teeth back in is what my dentist said but he could be wrong, I'm not sure.

• +1
Reactions: Gilly