Why does blogposting here feel better than journaling?

bishōnenmaxxer

bishōnenmaxxer

chill pilled
Title tbh. I try to keep all my shit to a journal, partially because I have people who know my .org account, but mostly since that's where I've been writing for the past 3 or so years. Attention whoring doesn't make sense since the offtopic section is just incel shit and race bait 99% of the time. Maybe because there are likeminded people here? No idea.

Anyway, been thinking about how a lot of the time when connecting with people, the way I (and others mostly likely) open up is shared taste in music/shows. Isn't that kinda lame? Like"you wanna know about me? Look at this thing someone else did". None of the friends I have now are relying on that, but every friendship I have is initiated with those types of connections. A shared game, show, YouTuber, so on. Acquaintances are made of of shared media, and are turned into friends through sharing of experience, but why do they almost always start from someone elses creation? I think this comes from me not being particularity skilled myself.

I just gotta get more skilled.

Judeau

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: lightskinbengali, aspiringexcel, aesthetic beauty and 2 others
0 dnrd etc

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21345
what if niggers could shoot webs like Spider-Man?

Ever heard of Henry darger, he was a proto incel who had no friends, no gf, no anything. Complete loner but thousands of drawings and pages of a book were found after his death

So he basically wrote for no one but himself, not many people can do that.

Most people want to be seen and heard even if it's by a group of spiteful spergs, even moreso if you identify with them on some level

But purely creating for yourself is the purest expression imo

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, Trilogy and bishōnenmaxxer
Ever heard of Henry darger, he was a proto incel who had no friends, no gf, no anything. Complete loner but thousands of drawings and pages of a book were found after his death

Most people want to be seen and heard even if it's by a group of spiteful spergs, even moreso if you identify with them on some level

View attachment 2504353

My thoughts exactly. Do you do a lot of writing yourself?

you'll seem narcy if you just start listing off your skills

• +1
Reactions: Ricky212 and bishōnenmaxxer
Title tbh. I try to keep all my shit to a journal, partially because I have people who know my .org account, but mostly since that's where I've been writing for the past 3 or so years. Attention whoring doesn't make sense since the offtopic section is just incel shit and race bait 99% of the time. Maybe because there are likeminded people here? No idea.

Anyway, been thinking about how a lot of the time when connecting with people, the way I (and others mostly likely) open up is shared taste in music/shows. Isn't that kinda lame? Like"you wanna know about me? Look at this thing someone else did". None of the friends I have now are relying on that, but every friendship I have is initiated with those types of connections. A shared game, show, YouTuber, so on. Acquaintances are made of of shared media, and are turned into friends through sharing of experience, but why do they almost always start from someone elses creation? I think this comes from me not being particularity skilled myself.

I just gotta get more skilled.

View attachment 2504234
Idk its because people here give me feedback. Unironically writing on 4chan and forums improved my English more then every teacher I had I get dopamine hit here. Its honestly sad that my entire social approval comes from a forum it should come from family and friends views of me

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, John Cracovizk and bishōnenmaxxer
you'll seem narcy if you just start listing off your skills
I mean using that as conversation starter/topic.

"Wanna hear this song I wrote" "I've been working on this programming problem" "My hardware project is fucked up" and so on.

Because you'll get validation from people with similar experiences.

• +1
Reactions: bishōnenmaxxer
Idk its because people here give me feedback. Unironically writing on 4chan and forums improved my English more then every teacher I had I get dopamine hit here. Its honestly sad that my entire social approval comes from a forum it should come from family and friends views of me
He just like me fr

My thoughts exactly. Do you do a lot of writing yourself?
I'm in the process of writing a high fantasy series which is something I wanted to do all my life.

Made me realize how hard it is and how every insecurity and excuse crops up everytime you write

Atp it's less about getting published more about doing it for its own sake. Meillvile, poe, neitzhce, lovecraft and others never saw huge recognition in their lifetimes so I've resolved to cast that expectation aside for the moment

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro and bishōnenmaxxer

"Wanna hear this song I wrote" "I've been working on this programming problem" "My hardware project is fucked up" and so on.
1. no, weird opener
2. boring
3. boring

• +1
1. no, weird opener
2. boring
3. boring
How do you start convos with complete strangers? Outside of observational stuff about where you are/the reason you are talking.

Dopamine from notifications

• +1
How do you start convos with complete strangers? Outside of observational stuff about where you are/the reason you are talking.
with questions about other people's content like u said in op

• +1
Maybe I should do a daily journal here just write 2 pages of notes per day and then only post 2 times per day max

Would you read it @bishōnenmaxxer I'd rather write for 50 quality readers then make bait threads that get hundreds of readers

• Love it
Like I can make very high quality thoughtful threads but I am always disheartened when some race bait or cringe thing I post does 10X more in terms of attention.

Still I would rather post quality information to people that matter

• +1
Like I can make very high quality thoughtful threads but I am always disheartened when some race bait or cringe thing I post does 10X more in terms of attention.

Still I would rather post quality information to people that matter
who cares what else is posted jfl

same logic with finding a gf, doesn't matter that the majority are turbonormies since you don't go for that anyway
if 99% of users only care about racebait, you aren't talking to them anyway

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
I'm in the process of writing a high fantasy series which is something I wanted to do all my life.
Mirin, post it here sometime.

Made me realize how hard it is and how every insecurity and excuse crops up everytime you write
Elab?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21345
Dopamine from notifications
I wish there was a notification sound. This would be mine.

@SubSigma @Asukamaxxed

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 21661
  • JFL
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21661
Man I swear nibbas here copying my old avatar @apemaxxed too wtf. Thats why I changed it to Satou I don't want to be grouped in with you faggots

@Asukamaxxed
View attachment 2504467
His name is @asukamaxxed I just changed it for the post after editing.

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21661 and Deleted member 11126
who cares what else is posted jfl

same logic with finding a gf, doesn't matter that the majority are turbonormies since you don't go for that anyway
if 99% of users only care about racebait, you aren't talking to them anyway
Well I just meant my cringe posts always get the most upvotes which is demoralizing

• +1
Mirin, post it here sometime.

Elab?
I'll give you main setting idea: it's takes place on a planet with abnormal gravitational fields. The landmasses are constantly moving like a rubix cube so travel is impossible for most people most of the time. Large areas are uninhabited with only certain pockets being able to hold civilizations

Obviously it's a fantastical idea but I try to think as rationally as possible, how would flora and fauna adapt, what geographic, religious, cultural elements would such a world contain

At the same time it's such a huge undertaking to write something like this it can feel pointless and easy to give up. That's the insecurity and excuses

But at the end the day Tolkien made up languages in ww1 trenches, solzhenitzin wrote under torture and imprisonment. You just have to stay motivated to climb the mountain no matter what

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: lightskinbengali, bishōnenmaxxer and LooksOrDeath

Only if you know they're into that stuff

• +1

View attachment 2504353
He was apparently gay

• Hmm...
He was apparently gay
It's all conjecture

He was never close to anyone in any real way

Some people think he was gay because he drew girls with dicks(ahead of his time btw)

Not much evidence once way or thr other

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Spiritualcell and bishōnenmaxxer