Why does this asymmetry happen????

Soulrack

Soulrack

Shitposter banterist
Why is my face like this?

Nicedrawingbro

From your perspective looking at me

The drawing is pretty shit lmao, but it should help me explain what I mean.
For some reason, my right cheekbone is more hollow looking and defined than my left.
My mouth is also tilted and my nose is crooked, but I think my nose is fucked from breaking it as a kid. I also had a CT scan and my whole septum was fucked up. I don't know why my mouth tilts though, and I don't know why my right cheekbone is more defined. I also get clicking in my left TMJ

It is simply because your maxilla is tilted. Correcting it will either involve invasive surgery or proper mewing to fix it. In other words, unless you are willing to go under the knife or have the dedication to properly mew for long periods of time, you will have to accept your asymmetry. Asymmetry is normal and is found in most people.

• +1
Reactions: Darwined, Jones, lasthope and 2 others
I heard that its sleeping on one side for too long

I have the same thing, it can either be caused by the environment or genetics... You would have to undergo orthognathic surgery to correct the asymmetry

Sleeping on one side and chewing on the other

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Solidcoin and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
It is simply because your maxilla is tilted. Correcting it will either involve invasive surgery or proper mewing to fix it. In other words, unless you are willing to go under the knife or have the dedication to properly mew for long periods of time, you will have to accept your asymmetry. Asymmetry is normal and is found in most people.
Just because something is found in most people doesn't mean it is normal. All humans should be symmetrical.
I chew on the right, sleep on the right side but on my back too.

Subhuman genes

I only chew on one side too, should I correct it as soon as possible? I thought it was normal

"If you habitually chew food with one side of your teeth, the favoured side wears down due to overuse. This results in uneven teeth that twist to one side, resulting in facial asymmetry. Also the habit of favouring one side for chewing can develop the muscles in one side more than the other, resulting in different volumes of muscles in the left and right sides. If you touch your cheeks while keeping the jaws clamped and notice that there is a definite difference between left and right, you can be pretty sure that you have an imbalance of the masseter muscles."

^^^^^
One tiny part from an article I've just been reading and I'm afraid to say I am a victim of this. My right masseter muscle is incredibly weaker than my left, while my left is insanely strong. That is why when I take front view pictures, the left cheek is full and the right cheek is noticeably less so.

I find this to be a complete bitch, but currently been using facial muscle exercises to balance it off a little more. You can increase muscle and bone density in face.

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike
I have the same thing i have really hollow cheeks on my left side and barely any hollowness on the right side, i've asked lots of people before though and they see they don't notice anything

I have the same thing i have really hollow cheeks on my left side and barely any hollowness on the right side, i've asked lots of people before though and they see they don't notice anything

Are you noticing this hollowness via camera lens, mirror or both?

PM me your photo. Trust me I ain't like that to leak. You can tell.

Are you noticing this hollowness via camera lens, mirror or both?

PM me your photo. Trust me I ain't like that to leak. You can tell.
i know what my problem is my left masseter is hypertrophied and right one is weak, i've been chewing constantly on my right to get it up to speed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6908
i know what my problem is my left masseter is hypertrophied and right one is weak, i've been chewing constantly on my right to get it up to speed

Yeah but I'm asking if you notice this asymmetry ONLY through the lens, or the mirror as well?

Mine is just the lens.

It's because it's 2D via the lens.

I only chew on one side too, should I correct it as soon as possible? I thought it was normal
It will probably never be be fully corrected, but definitely start chewing at least equally on both sides

chew on both sides as equally as possible and sleep on your back, no pillow is legit for this

Do you've a midline discrepancy?

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and imparatorluk
sleep on ur back and maintain symmetrical habits or rope