Why is balding most common among Meditteranean coast

WhoAmIReally

WhoAmIReally

Gold

Share your theories as why would people around Meditteranean coast go bald the most out of everyone in the world.
These are usually the most hairy people in general, could they just have by far highest DHT levels that causes hair everywhere besides hair?
Some research shows that too much vitamin D also can cause hair thinning, Meditteranean coast is obviously famous for a lot of sunny hours per year, but shouldn't hair then evolve to protect top of the skull from the direct sunlight?
These people are usually born with very good hair quality compared to most ethnicities in the world, which makes it more strange for them to lose hair.
Maybe stress plays a role here, these countries are usually more poor compared to rest of the Europe?

• +1
Reactions: Agendum and poopoohead
too much T. Hair is for heterosexual low t moggers.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 2d v2 and redmaxx
over for medcucks

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Daniel Plainview, Deleted member 26859 and 2 others
Unlikely for it to be related to sun exposure; black people have curly hair because it helps protect the top of the head from the harsh sun, so it wouldn't make sense for humans to evolve to have MORE scalp skin exposed to the sun.
Moreover, your map indicates northern countries like Norway and Sweden at 70%+ as well, and there isn't much sun there.

Testosterone/DHT levels are not particularly different either, so the issue may be related to genetic vulnerability to DHT. The trait gets passed around and never really dies out.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper, Deleted member 21403 and crosshold
Testosterone/DHT levels are not particularly different either
total levels might be the same but northerners also don't have that much bodyhair, so it could be that it's just not concentrated as much near the skin.

• +1
Reactions: BucketCrab
I wouldnt be surprised if this correlates to top of skull shapes also. I do wonder why the middle of Africa is so low and if the top of skull shapes there are better for not balding than North and South Africa.

• +1
Reactions: WhoAmIReally
too much T. Hair is for heterosexual low t moggers.
Men in central and south america have the highest t levels on average on the whole planet, yet their hair loss percentage isn't even remotely close to meditteraneans.

• +1
Reactions: Sanguinius
Unlikely for it to be related to sun exposure; black people have curly hair because it helps protect the top of the head from the harsh sun, so it wouldn't make sense for humans to evolve to have MORE scalp skin exposed to the sun.
Moreover, your map indicates northern countries like Norway and Sweden at 70%+ as well, and there isn't much sun there.

Testosterone/DHT levels are not particularly different either, so the issue may be related to genetic vulnerability to DHT. The trait gets passed around and never really dies out.
Interesting theory that curly hair is for the sunlight, but makes sense.
Nordics in many cases are already born with quite weak hair quality and high uneven hairlines compared to meds who got thick, dense hair with boxed hairlines.
I really don't buy that it's all because of DHT, I have a feeling that there might be another underlying reason behind all of this.

I wouldnt be surprised if this correlates to top of skull shapes also. I do wonder why the middle of Africa is so low and if the top of skull shapes there are better for not balding than North and South Africa.
I do believe that skull shape could be one of the reasons for hair loss, because If we pay attention to people who got skulls that are extremely wide on the sides, they are usually bald or severely balding.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
Men in central and south america have the highest t levels on average on the whole planet, yet their hair loss percentage isn't even remotely close to meditteraneans.

That goes along with top of skull shape theory also as the people there with the high Native % in them have top of skulls good for not balding usually while the males there that are mostly Spanish blood only have a lot higher degree of balding.

Also guys could you check your skin tightness on the scalp, for me personally where the skin is the most tight hair is more dense and thick compared to the rest of the scalp.
This would support the botox injecting theory which makes scalp tighter and grows more hair.
While it would go against massaging the scalp theory which makes scalp less tight and flexible.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
balding is nt

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 7zyzz7 and ArcticStorm
It was joke post. Not accurate at all.

That goes along with top of skull shape theory also as the people there with the high Native % in them have top of skulls good for not balding usually while the males there that are mostly Spanish blood only have a lot higher degree of balding.
I see you analyzed skulls quite a bit.
I suppose you consider a good non balding skull to have as much as possible flat galea?

Also guys could you check your skin tightness on the scalp, for me personally where the skin is the most tight hair is more dense and thick compared to the rest of the scalp.
This would support the botox injecting theory which makes scalp tighter and grows more hair.
While it would go against massaging the scalp theory which makes scalp less tight and flexible.

Botox releases tension because it keeps the muscles from tensing. Most studies show skin is tighter on bald people as far as a pinch test.

I see you analyzed skulls quite a bit.
I suppose you consider a good non balding skull to have as much as possible flat galea?

There are exceptions of course but generally a smaller top of skull can help and a flatter top of skull even if there is size up there. A large round shape top of skull almost guarantees balding some by the 30s without interventions.

• +1
Botox releases tension because it keeps the muscles from tensing. Most studies show skin is tighter on bald people as far as a pinch test.
Tbh I don't believe any of the studies, "experts" or "scientists."
For me It's very obvious that real cause of baldness is hidden from the public and the best thing is if we make research on our own, try it all out.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LongForgotten and Lawton88
I was watching a Kdrama yesterday. A criminal that the police were making a sketch was described as bald. The policewoman working on the sketch then said "What? He's [the suspect] only 40". The male police officer turns to her and says "it's like that sometimes, one of my friends is bald" (the policeman is in his 40s). The police woman then makes a disgusted face.

Saddest scene in the entire drama.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 26859, 7zyzz7, ArcticStorm and 1 other person
There are exceptions of course but generally a smaller top of skull can help and a flatter top of skull even if there is size up there. A large round shape top of skull almost guarantees balding some by the 30s without interventions.
Do you believe that the back part of the skull plays a role, the part where the top connects with the donor zone of the skull or you just believe it's more how the top looks like or perhaps all combined?

Some research shows that too much vitamin D also can cause hair thinning
Find that hard to believe, for one, you can't have too much vit D - your skin darkens so you only absorb as much sunrays as you need. And also you can't have too much of a good thing anyway.

Find that hard to believe, for one, you can't have too much vit D - your skin darkens so you only absorb as much sunrays as you need. And also you can't have too much of a good thing anyway.
I believe that everything in excess amounts is bad, even good things, but the thing is most of us in this day and age are vit D deficient for sure.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
Do you believe that the back part of the skull plays a role, the part where the top connects with the donor zone of the skull or you just believe it's more how the top looks like or perhaps all combined?

I think being generally flatter there helps. Its a combo of size and shape imo causing the balding tension. Far East Asians and mostly native blood South Americans avoid baldness I think from having smaller top of skulls usually even if they are rounded many times while a lot of caucasions that avoid it seem to have flatter type top of skulls. I think they did a computer simulation and it showed a flatter top should distribute the tension better.

• +1
Over for Norway too

• So Sad
Hail mother Russia ...🤣

• JFL
Asian bloodline on the east saving their percentages, Slavic Russians are doomed xD
Atleast they are white ethnicity.... balding is a second problem when ur first problem is ur ethnicity lol

I was watching a Kdrama yesterday. A criminal that the police were making a sketch was described as bald. The policewoman working on the sketch then said "What? He's [the suspect] only 40". The male police officer turns to her and says "it's like that sometimes, one of my friends is bald" (the policeman is in his 40s). The police woman then makes a disgusted face.

im norwood 3 at 21 should i rope?

roping after reading this.

im getting a wig this month i cant take this anymore

im getting a wig this month i cant take this anymore
I'm trying out minoxidil. I'm around a NW3 at 22, so similar to you, IDK if it will work though.

View attachment 2161731
Share your theories as why would people around Meditteranean coast go bald the most out of everyone in the world.
These are usually the most hairy people in general, could they just have by far highest DHT levels that causes hair everywhere besides hair?
Some research shows that too much vitamin D also can cause hair thinning, Meditteranean coast is obviously famous for a lot of sunny hours per year, but shouldn't hair then evolve to protect top of the skull from the direct sunlight?
These people are usually born with very good hair quality compared to most ethnicities in the world, which makes it more strange for them to lose hair.
Maybe stress plays a role here, these countries are usually more poor compared to rest of the Europe?
Farmer genes probably.

Pretty sure this map is bullshit. There's no way Scandinavian men are just as bald as Italian men. Scandinavian men have some of the best hairline genetics in Europe.
Not at all, met plenty of Scandinavians, they usually have quite high and receded hairlines unlike Italians where you can find lots of square-ish ethnic like hairlines.

Not at all, met plenty of Scandinavians, they usually have quite high and receded hairlines unlike Italians where you can find lots of square-ish ethnic like hairlines.
A lot of Scandinavians have tall heads with big foreheads, which is not necessarily a sign of recession. Scandinavian bald tends to be a middle-aged man with fairly thin hair, while Italian bald tends to be a man with major hair loss from a very young age. There is no doubt in my mind that Italians (just using them as an example of Southern Euros because I have more exposure to them) are have higher rates of hair loss.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26859