Why is canadian nominal intellectual Jordan Peterson so highly acclaimed and deified

vanillaicecream

vanillaicecream

🦊
I'm personally not a fan of his pretentious verbiage and gish gallop tactic in debates, he doesn't say anything the average midwit isn't already aware of even if subconsciously and when he does it's not very helpful or insightful imo. For reference of my standards regarding philosophy and such I like Sam Harris and Daniel Dennet.

For reference of my standards regarding philosophy and such I like Sam Harris and Daniel Dennet.
I was going to agree and thought you was high IQ then I read this.

Everyone knows these guys are just mid or low tier academic who have celebrity halo and got followers by saying controversial edgy shit.

Because conservatives are desperate for an "intellectual" after surrendering the universities to the left almost half a century ago, and Peterson has credentials as an academic and has attended and taught at prestigious institutions. He also loves jews/zionism and promotes individualism and "personal responsibility", so these conservatives love him and tout him as their token intellectual.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj, vanillaicecream, TheAbyssinian and 1 other person
Because conservatives are desperate for an "intellectual" after surrendering the universities to the left almost half a century ago, and Peterson has credentials as an academic and has attended and taught at prestigious institutions. He also loves jews/zionism and promotes individualism and "personal responsibility", so these conservatives love him and tout him as their token intellectual.
There are many intellectuals but most of their followers are young people who aren't exactly always conservative.

"Conservatives" aren't on the internet 24/7.

He initially got popular cause he refused to say some tranny's pronouns at his university job

• +1
Reactions: datboijj, SecularIslamist and Deleted member 23391
I was going to agree and thought you was high IQ then I read this.

Everyone knows these guys are just mid or low tier academic who have celebrity halo and got followers by saying controversial edgy shit.
Strongly disagree going off of my current knowledge and foundation, but I'll look more deeply into their craft to see if I can find any holes that I was initially oblivious to.

I'm reluctant to believe you're qualified to judge them because of this though. Let's hope it was just an unusual slip-up of sorts. @slop slinger :look

legit never heard the guy speak or read anything he wrote

Strongly disagree going off of my current knowledge and foundation, but I'll look more deeply into their craft to see if I can find any holes that I was initially oblivious to.
There are way better atheists than these charlatans. Their contributions in their respective fields aren't that great. They're maybe great speakers and can express themselves well. But they'll be forgotten and not great or original thinkers.

I had a world renowned professor in a legal discipline teaching at uni. He was literally one of the founders of a sub-discipline and is one of the most cited in the world. However he couldn't teach for shit and was BORING af I would fall asleep during his classes. When I read his books though, I could see he was incredibly high IQ. But watching him speak and fumble and hesitate he sounded very dumb. Like some students explained things better than him.

• Hmm...
Reactions: vanillaicecream
He’s a scripted character pushed by the jews

I don't read much analytic work but I've heard of Dennett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back