Why so many people on the internet find the gym the only appropriate type of physical activity?

F

FeelingUgly

Recessed slayer
Maybe off topic a bit but can someone explain me why is there such a big emphasis put on building muscle, becoming bigger, never being content with who you are etc. I just can't grasp that. Of course sport is important and healthy but why exactly weightlifting is the way to go. I prefer swimming for example. Does it mean that I am weaker in some sense because I don't like lifting? Seems kinda goofy to me

• +1
Reactions: 14vic and Jova
beacuse their goal is aesthetics, in the gym u can target certain muscles that increase body aesthetics, in sports like for example basketball, you develop good obliques which isnt aesthetically pleasing, and other sports with other muscles, now mark me as solution pls

Gym is boring, but it’s the quickest and easiest way to get strong + an aesthetic physique. I have to fight the urge to go hoop and skip my workout everyday at the gym. Sports are so much more fun

• +1
Reactions: 14vic and Jova
Gym is boring, but it’s the quickest and easiest way to get strong + an aesthetic physique. I have to fight the urge to go hoop and skip my workout everyday at the gym. Sports are so much more fun
But why do you wanna get "strong" in the first place? Because I don't think you are a bodyguard. In my opinion gym can do more harm than good for some people (back aches, comparison to others...) You should be able to feel confident with or without the good physique

I only gymcel to the max cus I love it man.

• +1
Reactions: FeelingUgly
I only gymcel to the max cus I love it man.
Good for you! I just hope that it's not just you convincing yourself that, despite thinking the opposite - yet another coping mechanism

4045749 1712014443224

• +1
Reactions: FeelingUgly
Good for you! I just hope that it's not just you convincing yourself that, despite thinking the opposite - yet another coping mechanism
Well I’m tired of being fat af, gymcelling is the only way to drop the pounds