Wider nose = shorter eyebrows? Why is this the case?

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
The lateral tip of the eyebrow should pass through a line connecting the ala on the same side with the lateral corner of the eye on the same side. This means changing nose width would pivot the line on the corner of the eye; wider nose = shorter eyebrows, narrower nose = longer eyebrows. Why? Do people with wider noses really look better with shorter eyebrows? Do people with narrower noses really look better with longer eyebrows? The distance between the eyebrows being dependent on nose width makes some sense to me. But the lateral extension of the eyebrows being affected by nose width doesn't make sense to me. Looks theory experts, plz explain.

Eafb34f765c2ff4371759ab09d54299c
HOW TO BROW
Landscape 1441392845 20150903 eyebrow2 1

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, bysontallou, Bitch and 3 others
shave them off

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
I always thought about that too...

• +1
Reactions: thecel
The lateral tip of the eyebrow should pass through a line connecting the ala on the same side with the lateral corner of the eye on the same side. This means changing nose width would pivot the line on the corner of the eye; wider nose = shorter eyebrows, narrower nose = longer eyebrows. Why? Do people with wider noses really look better with shorter eyebrows? Do people with narrower noses really look better with longer eyebrows? The distance between the eyebrows being dependent on nose width makes sense to me. But the lateral extension of the eyebrows being affected by nose width doesn't make sense to me.

View attachment 1001988View attachment 1001999View attachment 1002001View attachment 1002003
is longer eyebrows beter?

• +1
is longer eyebrows beter?

Yes

Yes

so nose job to have more caucasian nose reduced alar base, improved tip projection

• +1
The lateral tip of the eyebrow should pass through a line connecting the ala on the same side with the lateral corner of the eye on the same side. This means changing nose width would pivot the line on the corner of the eye; wider nose = shorter eyebrows, narrower nose = longer eyebrows. Why? Do people with wider noses really look better with shorter eyebrows? Do people with narrower noses really look better with longer eyebrows? The distance between the eyebrows being dependent on nose width makes some sense to me. But the lateral extension of the eyebrows being affected by nose width doesn't make sense to me. Looks theory experts, plz explain.

View attachment 1001988View attachment 1001999View attachment 1002001View attachment 1002003
I have a huge nose and also thick eyebrows. So no

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj and thecel

not necessarily

• Hmm...
Ice screenshot 20210301 083029

• Love it
his nose is wider than the the part where the eyebrows meet

And what does that have to do with the ideal ratios that this thread is about? You just posted a pic of a guy who doesn't fit the ideal as if that means anything.

And what does that have to do with the ideal ratios that this thread is about? You just posted a pic of a guy who doesn't fit the ideal as if that means anything.

Wider nose = shorter eyebrows?​

point is this is not always the case

• +1
you need to change your character dataset on your game to mine so everyone can play tbh

• Love it

Wider nose = shorter eyebrows?​

point is this is not always the case

The title asks why does having a wider nose means one should have shorter eyebrows according to the ideal lines.

Changing nose width (and changing nostril width while keeping bridge width the same) changes the ideal lateral eyebrow extension, and I wanna know why.

Last edited:
The title is asking why having a wider nose means one should have shorter eyebrows according to the ideal lines.

View attachment 1021157

Changing nose width changes the ideal eyebrow extension, and I wanna know why.
i guess for less unibrow effect

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2214, Jason Voorhees and thecel
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7419
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: RODEBLUR and thecel