will semi-bluecollar jobs be the most valuable/stable jobs in the future?

chadmanlet04

chadmanlet04

Kraken
I'm not talking about raw brute jobs like construction or working on an oilrig, or being a welder.

What about jobs where you are supposed to know a good degree of physics, maths, chemistry etc while also working with your hands? (Aircraft Mechanic comes to mind)

• +1
Reactions: Soychadcell, 5'7 zoomer, thereallegend and 2 others
Larceny will be the most beneficial in the foreseeable future.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: schizo echochamber, T50 Demon, Ryldoo IS COPING and 1 other person
plumbers and electricians already make a ton of money if you're self employed.

• +1
Reactions: Soychadcell, Willmogulater, thereallegend and 7 others
I am contemplating between college and trade, (19 yo, last year of HS)

apprenticeship won't make you much money, but in a few years it scales well.

• +1
Reactions: Soychadcell
the reason for that is because they're paying for your licensing, you need a bunch of certificates to actually work a blue collar job.

even operating a chainsaw requires a specific license.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING and chadmanlet04
Why do you need physics in plumbing

What you’re describing is pretty much just engineering, but it’s not blue collar and requires high levels of maths and physics.

What you’re describing is pretty much just engineering, but it’s not blue collar and requires high levels of maths and physics.
Except not really.

Most Aircraft Mechanic apprenticeships require a highschool diploma. Higher up dogs (for example Lufthansa) also require a transcript of you proving you had good grades on maths/physics but its just highschool. You don't need a college degree or have to stemcel in order to get in.

Obviously the job itself will involve high levels of maths and physics on top of chemistry, but the whole appeal is that you can get in just with a voctional program rather than university.

Why do you need physics in plumbing
the sole principle of plumbing is gravity, which is physics.

your average house-to-house plumber probably isn't an expert on it, but higher end services for larger infastructure definetely are good on about the subject.

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt
true that.

alot of boomers used to be the trades workers. they are now in masses, hitting retirement/death/work-disabled ages now

• +1
Reactions: Orc
true that.

alot of boomers used to be the trades workers. they are now in masses, hitting retirement/death/work-disabled ages now
I'm one of the only few left in my part of the country that has proper licensing to tackle more difficult trees, everyone else already retired.

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
I'm one of the only few left in my part of the country that has proper licensing to tackle more difficult trees, everyone else already retired.
great!

I am a bit old. When I was younger, we are talking 2000's times. Everyone was so against studying and working in trades, both people in and outside trades. Everyone was suggesting office jobs kind of educations.
Back than, the reputation was:
* body fucked up by age 50.
* meh at best, salary.
* lower status/class in eyes of masses, and especially foids.
* dumb, not smart enough.

I am so happy for trades workers now. That this above shit, is shifting. in attitudes. Trades are like the most usefull and needed services/things offering people out there.

• +1
Reactions: sonar bugnar and Orc
great!

I am a bit old. When I was younger, we are talking 2000's times. Everyone was so against studying and working in trades, both people in and outside trades. Everyone was suggesting office jobs kind of educations.
Back than, the reputation was:
* body fucked up by age 50.
* meh at best, salary.
* lower status/class in eyes of masses, and especially foids.
* dumb, not smart enough.

I am so happy for trades workers now. That this above shit, is shifting. in attitudes. Trades are like the most usefull and needed services/things offering people out there.
if you don't overwork yourself and pick the jobs that pay well you don't destroy your body, my father is in his 60's and I'm helping him to his pension, still functions well, only has some minor arthritis.

• +1
Reactions: Itsnotmeiswear
if you don't overwork yourself and pick the jobs that pay well you don't destroy your body, my father is in his 60's and I'm helping him to his pension, still functions well, only has some minor arthritis.
nowadays, there is probably also much more concern and so on, about staying work healthy and able. Compared to how stuff was done, in the 1950's till 1990's in trades type of work

• +1
Reactions: Orc
Get into networking bro. You don't really need a computer science/IT degree tbh. Just a diploma, the extra certificates are what's important here. Especially CCNA and CCNP.
AI is never going to lay cables or maintain server racks lol.

It's a step above just being the "IT guy" and your job can't be made irrelevant because "some random tryhard from accounting is actually really good at computers and can help around instead of hiring extra staff".

I am contemplating between college and trade, (19 yo, last year of HS)

Nigga did they not let you pass for 3 years i finished hs at 16

• Hmm...
Reactions: chadmanlet04
I'm not talking about raw brute jobs like construction or working on an oilrig, or being a welder.

What about jobs where you are supposed to know a good degree of physics, maths, chemistry etc while also working with your hands? (Aircraft Mechanic comes to mind)
in the more near future only valuable jobs iwll be physical labor and the guy who progrma and builds the robots. Later there will be no jobs.