You can add muscle mass solely by eating a high protein diet

Exodus

Exodus

Premium shitposter
After consuming a weight-stabilizing diet for 13 to 25 days, participants were randomized to diets containing 5% of energy from protein (low protein), 15% (normal protein), or 25% (high protein), which they were overfed during the last 8 weeks of their 10- to 12-week stay in the inpatient metabolic unit. Compared with energy intake during the weight stabilization period, the protein diets provided approximately 40% more energy intake, which corresponds to 954 kcal/d (95% CI, 884–1022 kcal/d).
Lean body mass decreased during the overeating period by −0.70 kg (95% CI, −1.50 to 0.10 kg) in the low protein diet group compared with a gain of 2.87 kg (95% CI, 2.11 to 3.62 kg) in the normal protein diet group and 3.18 kg (95% CI, 2.37 to 3.98 kg) in the high protein diet group (P<.001). The overall increase in fat mass for all 3 groups was 3.51 kg (95% CI, 3.06 to 3.96 kg) from baseline and was not significantly different between the 3 groups (P = .89), although the low protein group added on average more than 200 g of fat (about 2000 kcal).

None of the participants did any weight training and yet they added 3.18 kg of lean mass (muscle) after only 2 months on a high protein diet.

Pretty impressive.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3777747/

• +1
Reactions: LostYouth, Deleted member 3142, HighTdoMm and 8 others
brb putting low iq gaslighting trollcel on ignore

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Toth's thot, HighTdoMm and mulberrymolasses
good study ngl the only intake that matters is calories and protein

carbs/fat are largely interchangeable for the same results on a isocaloric diet and ppl who claim keto is some miracle are just ppl who have better diet adherence on that diet.

• +1
  • WTF
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ConspiracyTheory, Chintuck22, HighTdoMm and 9 others
how many g's per bw were used in the high protein diet?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Good find but ideally you should still be lifting if you’re eating right.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
good study ngl the only intake that matters is calories and protein

carbs/fat are largely interchangeable for the same results on a isocaloric diet and ppl who claim keto is some miracle are just ppl who have better diet adherence on that diet.
personally i need carbs to lift and ride my bicycle. if you are not doing any exercise and just want to lose fat asap its good to do keto cus you will be more satiated on low cal

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
personally i need carbs to lift and ride my bicycle. if you are not doing any exercise and just want to lose fat asap its good
i prefer hi carb also but not crucial

• +1
Reactions: EasternRightWinger15
@6ft1 thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3328

• JFL
Reactions: Dog face
You can also add muscle mass solely by injecting test

can confirm. adding adequate protein in my diet increased my muscle mass.

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek
Lift heavy, eat a shitton of meat, roidmax.

• +1
Reactions: LostYouth and HighIQcel
High protein diet boosts IGF-1, so makes sense

Don't even think about lifting weights until you've eaten up to your natty limit. Will take a solid 5 years of protein consumption

• Hmm...
Reactions: Dionysus