0.2 mg of finasteride is enough according to this man.

Deleted member 5634

Deleted member 5634

Banned

I want to prevent hairloss i think 0.2 mg of fin every other day is enough without risking bad side effects, im past my puberty so i'll be good

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful
Theres not much difference when it comes to dht suppression between 0.2mg vs 1mg. 0.2mg suppresses 68% dht compare that to 5mg which suppresses 72%. But it’s hard to cut the pill to 0.2mg since 1mg fin tablet is already very small and cutting it accurately into 5 pieces is almost impossible.

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful, Deleted member 6272, Reoa and 6 others
Theres not much difference when it comes to dht suppression between 0.2mg vs 1mg. 0.2mg suppresses 68% dht compare that to 5mg which suppresses 72%. But it’s hard to cut the pill to 0.2mg since 1mg fin tablet is already very small and cutting it accurately into 5 pieces is almost impossible.
are you on fin ?

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful and Deleted member 5634

I was thinking like kinda hit the pill until is powder and then measure it with a balance or something.

fin stays in your system for 2 days. if you cut the 1mg in half and take them 3 times a week u got 0.21mg/day which is what u want.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful, Salludon and Deleted member 5634
are you on fin ?
Yes

I was thinking like kinda hit the pill until is powder and then measure it with a balance or something.
1mg fin blocks 70% dht which is just 2% more than 0.2mg. Why would you trouble yourself with that when it’s barely gonna make any difference? I’d say just cut the 1mg pill in half and take 0.5mg

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful, Deleted member 6272, BigBoy and 5 others
fin stays in your system for 2 days. if you cut the 1mg in half and take them 3 times a week u got 0.21mg/day which is what u want.

I think twice a week sounds good budget wise and im not norwooding Is just safety measure. Hell maybe ill go one half a pill a week and see.

Yes

1mg fin blocks 70% dht which is just 2% more than 0.2mg. Why would you trouble yourself with that when it’s barely gonna make any difference? I’d say just cut the 1mg pill in half and take 0.5mg

Has fin help your skin quality?

I’ve been on it for a year now. No sides at all.

indeed

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful, Deleted member 9670, BigBoy and 1 other person
Study data;

"Treatment with finasteride significantly decreased serum DHT levels at all doses (median decrease of -67.6%).
5mg -67.6%
1mg -68.5%
0.2mg ,-61.2%
0.01mg -10.8%

counted extra or less hairs in 1 inch diameter on scalp, after 6months:
placebo -20 hairs
0.01mg: -9 hairs
0.2mg: +55 hairs
1mg: + 69 hairs
5mg +66 hairs "

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 9670, LooksPSL and 2 others
Study data;

"Treatment with finasteride significantly decreased serum DHT levels at all doses (median decrease of -67.6%).
5mg -67.6%
1mg -68.5%
0.2mg ,-61.2%
0.01mg -10.8%

counted extra or less hairs in 1 inch diameter on scalp, after 6months:
placebo -20 hairs
0.01mg: -9 hairs
0.2mg: +55 hairs
1mg: + 69 hairs
5mg +66 hairs "

This niggs taking 1 mg need to inject IQ tbh

I want to prevent hairloss i think 0.2 mg of fin every other day is enough without risking bad side effects, im past my puberty so i'll be good
I'm on 0.2 ish dose as well. for almost 1 year now.
BUT, to add. There is not proof that 0.2 mg has less chance of side effect that 1 mg. Simple think, would assume with a dose that is 5x smaller, would have less side risks. But for sure, it's not known.
there is no proof of that

• +1
Reactions: gymislife and Deleted member 5634
Personally I've been taking 1mg 3times/week. No need to cut tablets or anything and the effective dose is 0.42mg/day average. Plenty to get all the benefits and you are not overdosing by much.

And as @eduardkoopman says, the side-effect profiles for all these dosages are similar.

If 0.2mg blocks just as much dht as 1mg/day, why would there be much less side-effects.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, 5'8manlet and Deleted member 5634
I'm on 0.2 ish dose as well. for almost 1 year now.
BUT, to add. There is not proof that 0.2 mg has less chance of side effect that 1 mg. Simple think, would assume with a dose that is 5x smaller, would have less side risks. But for sure, it's not known.
there is no proof of that
yeah but still people will placebo themselves into thinking they will get lower chance of sides that way, also 0.2 will be much cheaper in the long run ngl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634
start w/ dutasteride if you can

look at the clinical studies, similar side effect profile to finasteride except it's significantly more effective at re-growing hair.

there's a reason why doctors in s. korea are prescribing dutasteride from the start

Why not first try using zix + azelaic acid, it "inhibits 5 alpha reductase by 90%."

• Woah
Reactions: poloralf and Deleted member 5634
Why not first try using zix + azelaic acid, it "inhibits 5 alpha reductase by 90%."

I use ketoconazole and my hairline is intact but im adding 0.2mg finasteride every week to keep it safe as i saw some recession on a temple, im also adding oral castor oil every couple days i think that will be enough. My conditioner has coconut oil, which blocks dht also, so im obliterating the norwood reaper hes behind me. I do have a zinc shampoo maybe ill cycle it with the ketoconazol.

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief

I looked into it and this is what one guy had to say:

“Chiming a little late here, Ive been using a zinc/b6 mix called "zix" for over ten years and it's helped me maintain most of my hair since I quit finasteride 11 years ago - you make it yourself from vitamins I bought on amazon.

Zinc Sulfate and B6 p5p with ethyl alcohol (70%), very important to use "ethyl alcohol. I use plus pharma zinc, and ecological formulas b6 (in tablets). you may be able to find a better source of b6 though.

I just bought some azelaic acid from ebay to step up it's effectiveness.

I cant emphasize enough how much this helped me control my hair loss.

just google zix hair - I use the original zix”

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Dainslief and Deleted member 5634
How old are you?

I looked into it and this is what one guy had to say:

“Chiming a little late here, Ive been using a zinc/b6 mix called "zix" for over ten years and it's helped me maintain most of my hair since I quit finasteride 11 years ago - you make it yourself from vitamins I bought on amazon.

Zinc Sulfate and B6 p5p with ethyl alcohol (70%), very important to use "ethyl alcohol. I use plus pharma zinc, and ecological formulas b6 (in tablets). you may be able to find a better source of b6 though.

I just bought some azelaic acid from ebay to step up it's effectiveness.

I cant emphasize enough how much this helped me control my hair loss.

just google zix hair - I use the original zix”

is this a localized effect?

I use ketoconazole and my hairline is intact but im adding 0.2mg finasteride every week to keep it safe as i saw some recession on a temple, im also adding oral castor oil every couple days i think that will be enough. My conditioner has coconut oil, which blocks dht also, so im obliterating the norwood reaper hes behind me. I do have a zinc shampoo maybe ill cycle it with the ketoconazol.

I would avoid putting anything with coconut oil on scalp, it feeds malassezia - scalp fungus.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5634
Not doubting you but where did you hear that it stays in your system 2 days?