9-5 white collar grind isn't even that bad if you have a good life.

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
I would say most people would be happy making 6 figures working 9-5 if every other aspect of their life was good. A family and friends outside of work. I want to be self employed but if that doesn't work out but I end up with the boomer life style I would be fine.

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox, House Lannister, untouchable_coper and 1 other person
I would say most people would be happy making 6 figures working 9-5 if every other aspect of their life was good. A family and friends outside of work. I want to be self employed but if that doesn't work out but I end up with the boomer life style I would be fine.
Yeah if you have a virgin HQNP wife to come home too any job is bearable.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Pikabro, rand anon, Anchor_Ship and 4 others
9 to 5 is 90% of all daylight hours, even if it gave you all money in the world you still wouldn't be able to do shit with it because it's dark and you're tired by the time you can.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11134, forevergymcelling, thereallegend and 2 others
9 to 5 is 90% of all daylight hours, even if it gave you all money in the world you still wouldn't be able to do shit with it because it's dark and you're tired by the time you can.
What do you do thats so important?

What do you do thats so important?
everything and anything else is more important than gathering more meaningless resources that you can't use to begin with, anything beyond the bare minimum that you're able to get away with is cope for people who don't value their time and hate their lives.

• +1
Reactions: Ken and Gandy
everything and anything else is more important than gathering more meaningless resources that you can't use to begin with, anything beyond the bare minimum that you're able to get away with is cope for people who don't value their time and hate their lives.
Yeah that's why I said if you have a good life. If your life sucks and you work 9 to 5 then yeah thats gay. But if you have a family its a worthy sacrifice.

• +1
Reactions: Ken
Everyone wants to become a YouTube/TikTok star and can't fathom that they're not the main character of life. There's going to be a huge reality check when they don't blow up and have no education/a meme degree and work some shitty retail job until they die.

White collar desk work 9-5 is extremely comfy. I'm on my way to a software engineer job, if I can do it remotely it'll be even more comfy

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
White collar 9-5 to get money that instantly 80% is gone on bills and the rest goes on the 10 year surgery fund.

Everyone wants to become a YouTube/TikTok star and can't fathom that they're not the main character of life. There's going to be a huge reality check when they don't blow up and have no education/a meme degree and work some shitty retail job until they die.

White collar desk work 9-5 is extremely comfy. I'm on my way to a software engineer job, if I can do it remotely it'll be even more comfy
Yeah call me boring but I don't like the only 2 options being a complete failure/neet or a entrepreneur.

I still plan on pushing in my 20's but with coding skills I should be able to get a cozy life eitherway. I would be fine with a cozy life like this everyone's gotta be so dramatic in this life. Like if things don't work out either way I'm fine. This isn't a marvel movie most people will have boring lives regardless

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
Yeah that's why I said if you have a good life. If your life sucks and you work 9 to 5 then yeah thats gay. But if you have a family its a worthy sacrifice.
you don't have a good life if you're slaving a 5 to 9, that's virtually all daylight hours.

• +1
Reactions: forevergymcelling and ItsOVERBuddyBoyos
Yeah call me boring but I don't like the only 2 options being a complete failure/neet or a entrepreneur.

I still plan on pushing in my 20's but with coding skills I should be able to get a cozy life eitherway. I would be fine with a cozy life like this everyone's gotta be so dramatic in this life. Like if things don't work out either way I'm fine. This isn't a marvel movie most people will have boring lives regardless
Those aren't the only 2 options but all these "self-help gurus" want you to believe that. Starting a business and being an entrepreneur is very time consuming and stressful. I'd much rather make 6 figures in an air-conditioned building and enjoy my evenings and weekends playing video games and reading. Tbh if I got stuck in retail/fastfood hell I would consider suicide.

• +1
Reactions: Ken and Deleted member 11126

I have a white collar software engineering job.
Tonnes of benefits can also WFH 4 days a week.

Pretty much ideal job.

it still fucking sucks ass though. you're spending a large chunk of your life and energy just making shareholders richer and it leaves you trying to fit your life around your weekends and evenings.

wagecucking is soul destroying

fuck doing this for 30 years.
i'd rather live a much more frugal life and be free.

my plan right now is to try save, buy assets and FIRE.

• +1
Reactions: forevergymcelling, thereallegend, rand anon and 1 other person
I have a white collar software engineering job.
Tonnes of benefits can also WFH 4 days a week.

Pretty much ideal job.

it still fucking sucks ass though. you're spending a large chunk of your life and energy just making shareholders richer and it leaves you trying to fit your life around your weekends and evenings.

wagecucking is soul destroying

fuck doing this for 30 years.
i'd rather live a much more frugal life and be free.

my plan right now is to try save, buy assets and FIRE.
How's it soul destroying if it's ideal? Your current position is what I'm aiming for. When I worked retail/fastfood it was very soul crushing and that motivated me to pursue CS.

WFH 4 days a week is fucking insane, so you only have 1 day in the office? I'd imagine many of those 8 hours a day are spent relaxing and not doing much either. Tbh I would die happy in your position. The only way I see FIRE being possible if you joined/created a startup with some people and worked 80 hour weeks building the app/service and hoping it gets bought out by a big company so you can retire.

• +1
Reactions: ItsOVERBuddyBoyos and Deleted member 11126
Those aren't the only 2 options but all these "self-help gurus" want you to believe that. Starting a business and being an entrepreneur is very time consuming and stressful. I'd much rather make 6 figures in an air-conditioned building and enjoy my evenings and weekends playing video games and reading. Tbh if I got stuck in retail/fastfood hell I would consider suicide.
Yeah retail is kinda hell. My cafe job isn't that bad because I haven't talked to irl people in so long so its nice to have semi friends.

Being a NEET is only worthwhile if your parents are rich and give you an allowance. If you live at home as a NEET thats a truly terrible life.

• +1
How's it soul destroying if it's ideal? Your current position is what I'm aiming for. When I worked retail/fastfood it was very soul crushing and that motivated me to pursue CS.

WFH 4 days a week is fucking insane, so you only have 1 day in the office? I'd imagine many of those 8 hours a day are spent relaxing and not doing much either. Tbh I would die happy in your position. The only way I see FIRE being possible if you joined/created a startup with some people and worked 80 hour weeks building the app/service and hoping it gets bought out by a big company so you can retire.
Idk man if your making good money you still need to work hard and smart in that time span

• +1
Reactions: ItsOVERBuddyBoyos and fauxfox
Yeah retail is kinda hell. My cafe job isn't that bad because I haven't talked to irl people in so long so its nice to have semi friends.

Being a NEET is only worthwhile if your parents are rich and give you an allowance. If you live at home as a NEET thats a truly terrible life.
I was a NEET for 3 months and it was horrible. Every day that I went downstairs I could tell my mom was disappointed in me and comparing me to my siblings. Beyond brutal and depressing lifestyle, I need some kid of structure/order in my daily routine to not feel like a subhuman wasting away.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: ItsOVERBuddyBoyos and Deleted member 11126
I was a NEET for 3 months and it was horrible. Every day that I went downstairs I could tell my mom was disappointed in me and comparing me to my siblings. Beyond brutal and depressing lifestyle, I need some kid of structure/order in my daily routine to not feel like a subhuman wasting away.
Yeah if your parents give you 4 grand a month to be a yuppie then its ideal. Its very hard to have friends if you just live at home not working while everyone else is doing better your lose your money quickly and just can't do anything worthwhile but rot.

• +1

because i still have to spend most of my energy and time to a soulless activity. i work for a big corporation i don't give a fuck if they make 5 billion or 6 billion this year.

Sure it beats out most jobs, but like all jobs prevent you from like actually living your life and enjoying your youth.
WFH 4 days a week is fucking insane, so you only have 1 day in the office? I'd imagine many of those 8 hours a day are spent relaxing and not doing much either. Tbh I would die happy in your position.

Yeah since COVID started 2 years ago its been only 1 day in the office a week.
Its a better work/life balance than most but i still have to wake up everyday and spend most my energy on this uninteresting shit.

It seems ideal because you're young, once you get into the daily graft of work year in year out you will see how its breaks people down.

its why middle aged people seem so dead inside sometimes.

The only way I see FIRE being possible if you joined/created a startup with some people and worked 80 hour weeks building the app/service and hoping it gets bought out by a big company so you can retire.

I save up and buy btl properties, once i have enough than the rent will cover mortgage payments and enough for me to live on.

You could also do the same by just buying stocks like most do .

Startups are risky just like doing your own business, its high risk high rewards. plus require real hard graft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back