How to ace school (for teens)

no clue

no clue

Professional Thugmaxxer
LOTS OF TIME AND EFFORT WAS PUT INTO THIS POST! DISRESPECT IS NOT APPRECIATED...

Now before I get comments from the future saying, "You are a retard, these methods didn't work for me!" I would like to say that this is how I got through school with success and anybody can have there own methods. Also, for some people, this will not give them straight A's but they will most certainly improve.

Table of contents (most important parts):
1. Test/quiz studying
1. Speed studying
2. Homework
3. Projects
1. Group projects
4. Mentality and attitude
5. Student and teacher relationships
6. Publicity
7. Class taking

Test/Quiz studying

One thing that I've always seen in my life is panic coming from other people about how they didn't study for tests or they had no idea that a test was even coming. Of course the idea of forgetfulness can just be the result pure ignorance of the matter or just being a mental retard but either way there is a way to fix this issue.

Note card taking:

One thing I've always done is keep a note card on my binder and you should use this on whatever you carry with you most. I took notes on the assignments or upcoming tests for the day, and then make sure that you keep that card in a secure place. In this way, you are able to remember what you were supposed to day for the day(s) and are able to be prepared. Make sure to add any sub notes from any bum teachers who add stupid parts to tests on the day of the test (has happened to me).

Study guides:

I know that some teachers may already provide study guides for tests or projects at school, but if they do not provide a digital guide or somethin there is an option to create your own by using whatever useless textbook or ebook you were supposed to use. Now of course I didn't create one every time but only when the test was hella important, such an exam or somethin.

Set goals... or punishments:

Now of course I know some of you guys in fact probably most of you are procrastinators so one thing I use to do is ask my parents to give me a punishment if I was too lazy to study for the test/quiz or if your mature you could give one to your self.

Don't skip extra credit:

I know that in some cases extra credit is just a stroke of luck but if extra credit studying is available to you then there is no doubt you should study it.

Speed studying:

Some of you crazies just never study no matter what happens to you because your lazy and decide to study at the last minute and remember 3 quarters of what was on the test at best. However, even though it is still not as efficient as just studying long-term, you can set out a specific time of the day of the test to study for like 20-30 minutes (completely depends on test size) in the morning, the night before, lunch, or all three. In this way you will be more prepared than you would have originally.

Homework

homework, homework, homework. The thing that you will unfortunately be able to find the most of during your life in school.
To keep this part quick and short. It is basically the same as tests. Take notes in class.

Do not waste in class time!:

Sure it can be fun to converse with your friends instead of doing work in class or whatever wild things are done these days but if you want to have more free time and less homework enslavement time then it is important to spend as much time as possible trying to finish which leads me to the next part.

Don't rush:

I can already tell you that rushing homework is basically ropemaxxing assignment edition. Rushing is a good recipe to increase the chances of you making an error that would have otherwise not have been made if you were to pay attention and go slow.

Pay attention in class:

Sometimes teachers are upright mean and assign you homework in class and you may not notice until the next day and realize that you are cooked and it's time to rope. Pay attention and you'll be fine... maybe...

Projects
No doubt that projects can sometimes be the most over-whelming parts of school and you need to do them to keep your grade high. Sometimes these projects must be presented and I know most people would rather not be looking retarded in public.

Split project work-time evenly:

Don't spend too much of one day on the project as that can lead to low idea levels and high fatigue. But don't spread out too much.

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE AT ALL COSTS:

Unless your favorite thing to do is look like an idiot in front of all your peers and teachers, listen to this part carefully. Doing this criminal thing can lead to a singular night of you just working on the same thing on and on which will also lead to increased fatigue and a large spot for mistakes.

GROUP PROJECTS:

Of course when it comes to group projects you always want to do it with all the homies in the class as possible which in some cases can happen but a lot of the time, the teacher ends up randomly selecting people to be on the same team. When it comes to these situations, I find that is always best to get to know your teammates better and find out their strengths and weaknesses. If any of them have 0 strengths then it my time to get rid of that person. Don't have any fear to get rid of them.

Friend group (group projects):

Choosing your friends to be on your team can still end up being a mistake as having friends on a team can lead to an unfortunate case of goofing off and not getting any work done. Trust me, my middle school days have been ruined by these moments (not like it matters in middle school tho).

Mentality and Attitude

Mentality and attitude are two important things when it comes to beginning to work at school. Keeping a motivated and strong mentality will result in higher confidence and will MOST LIKELY end up improving your performance in school. Keeping a bad attitude and a bad mentality will result in a worse performance and it will keep people away from you. Now of course some people like it that way but if you're not weird, don't go down such a path.

Student and Teacher relationships

Keeping good relationships with teachers can lead to them giving a nice bias towards and even sometimes tilting the way they grade you to a lower part on the stickler scale. Of course you would not want the opposite of a good relationship with the teacher, as it will lead to the opposite of what you want on the stickler scale.

Publicity
Keeping friends in any grade is a great way to keep yourself socially connected and active. Plus you always have someone to look to if you don't know about certain things yourself.

Class taking
When you start to take classes, and this is most important in high school, make sure to challenge yourself with something that is not too hard but not too easy at the same time. Try to skip grades of subjects or the entirety of a grade. Skipping grades is easier to do and more helpful in life if you do it in middle school. Make sure you take AP classes as they will give you some points on your applications.

Enroll yourself in extracurricular activities:

These will also give you some points on your college applications in high school.

THANK YOU FOR READING.

What are your opinions on how to be successful in school?

What have you experienced?

• +1
Reactions: 4lt.Real, chefdomino, LabMale__ and 6 others
Add Ritalin to this list and its perfect

• +1
Reactions: silencio, AySab, <6PSLcel and 1 other person
LOTS OF TIME AND EFFORT WAS PUT INTO THIS POST! DISRESPECT IS NOT APPRECIATED...

Now before I get comments from the future saying, "You are a retard, these methods didn't work for me!" I would like to say that this is how I got through school with success and anybody can have there own methods. Also, for some people, this will not give them straight A's but they will most certainly improve.

1. Test/quiz studying
1. Speed studying
2. Homework
3. Projects
1. Group projects
6. Publicity
7. Class taking

Test/Quiz studying

One thing that I've always seen in my life is panic coming from other people about how they didn't study for tests or they had no idea that a test was even coming. Of course the idea of forgetfulness can just be the result pure ignorance of the matter or just being a mental retard but either way there is a way to fix this issue.

Note card taking:

One thing I've always done is keep a note card on my binder and you should use this on whatever you carry with you most. I took notes on the assignments or upcoming tests for the day, and then make sure that you keep that card in a secure place. In this way, you are able to remember what you were supposed to day for the day(s) and are able to be prepared. Make sure to add any sub notes from any bum teachers who add stupid parts to tests on the day of the test (has happened to me).

Study guides:

I know that some teachers may already provide study guides for tests or projects at school, but if they do not provide a digital guide or somethin there is an option to create your own by using whatever useless textbook or ebook you were supposed to use. Now of course I didn't create one every time but only when the test was hella important, such an exam or somethin.

Now of course I know some of you guys in fact probably most of you are procrastinators so one thing I use to do is ask my parents to give me a punishment if I was too lazy to study for the test/quiz or if your mature you could give one to your self.

Don't skip extra credit:

I know that in some cases extra credit is just a stroke of luck but if extra credit studying is available to you then there is no doubt you should study it.

Speed studying:

Some of you crazies just never study no matter what happens to you because your lazy and decide to study at the last minute and remember 3 quarters of what was on the test at best. However, even though it is still not as efficient as just studying long-term, you can set out a specific time of the day of the test to study for like 20-30 minutes (completely depends on test size) in the morning, the night before, lunch, or all three. In this way you will be more prepared than you would have originally.

Homework

homework, homework, homework. The thing that you will unfortunately be able to find the most of during your life in school.
To keep this part quick and short. It is basically the same as tests. Take notes in class.

Sure it can be fun to converse with your friends instead of doing work in class or whatever wild things are done these days but if you want to have more free time and less homework enslavement time then it is important to spend as much time as possible trying to finish which leads me to the next part.

Don't rush:

I can already tell you that rushing homework is basically ropemaxxing assignment edition. Rushing is a good recipe to increase the chances of you making an error that would have otherwise not have been made if you were to pay attention and go slow.

Pay attention in class:

Sometimes teachers are upright mean and assign you homework in class and you may not notice until the next day and realize that you are cooked and it's time to rope. Pay attention and you'll be fine... maybe...

Projects
No doubt that projects can sometimes be the most over-whelming parts of school and you need to do them to keep your grade high. Sometimes these projects must be presented and I know most people would rather not be looking retarded in public.

Don't spend too much of one day on the project as that can lead to low idea levels and high fatigue. But don't spread out too much.

Unless your favorite thing to do is look like an idiot in front of all your peers and teachers, listen to this part carefully. Doing this criminal thing can lead to a singular night of you just working on the same thing on and on which will also lead to increased fatigue and a large spot for mistakes.

GROUP PROJECTS:

Of course when it comes to group projects you always want to do it with all the homies in the class as possible which in some cases can happen but a lot of the time, the teacher ends up randomly selecting people to be on the same team. When it comes to these situations, I find that is always best to get to know your teammates better and find out their strengths and weaknesses. If any of them have 0 strengths then it my time to get rid of that person. Don't have any fear to get rid of them.

Choosing your friends to be on your team can still end up being a mistake as having friends on a team can lead to an unfortunate case of goofing off and not getting any work done. Trust me, my middle school days have been ruined by these moments (not like it matters in middle school tho).

Mentality and Attitude

Mentality and attitude are two important things when it comes to beginning to work at school. Keeping a motivated and strong mentality will result in higher confidence and will MOST LIKELY end up improving your performance in school. Keeping a bad attitude and a bad mentality will result in a worse performance and it will keep people away from you. Now of course some people like it that way but if you're not weird, don't go down such a path.

Keeping good relationships with teachers can lead to them giving a nice bias towards and even sometimes tilting the way they grade you to a lower part on the stickler scale. Of course you would not want the opposite of a good relationship with the teacher, as it will lead to the opposite of what you want on the stickler scale.

Publicity
Keeping friends in any grade is a great way to keep yourself socially connected and active. Plus you always have someone to look to if you don't know about certain things yourself.

Class taking
When you start to take classes, and this is most important in high school, make sure to challenge yourself with something that is not too hard but not too easy at the same time. Try to skip grades of subjects or the entirety of a grade. Skipping grades is easier to do and more helpful in life if you do it in middle school. Make sure you take AP classes as they will give you some points on your applications.

These will also give you some points on your college applications in high school.

THANK YOU FOR READING.

Thank you my g, i needed this so bad. this needs to be posted on Best of the Best.

How much you wanna bet op is asian

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: igniteisbad and 4lt.Real

1. Test/quiz studying
1. Speed studying
2. Homework
3. Projects
1. Group projects
6. Publicity
7. Class taking

Test/Quiz studying

Note card taking:

Study guides:

Don't skip extra credit:

Speed studying:

Homework

Don't rush:

Pay attention in class:

Projects

GROUP PROJECTS:

Mentality and Attitude

Publicity

Class taking

THANK YOU FOR READING.

suprisingly good guide
moda works similar to ritalin.

• +1
Reactions: no clue
Thank you my g, i needed this so bad. this needs to be posted on Best of the Best.
I appreciate it man. I think some people on the forum need to see this post. I know that some peeps tend to dislike doing work or are just really bad at it. @Jason Voorhees, @Sny, or @Michael Myers, can you read this post to see if it's worthy of such praise.

Once again, I appreciate those who took the time to read this thread, I hope you do not waste it's advice.

PS: For those of you who really can't focus in class, Ritalin is a good way to keep yourself focused on what needs to get done. (I have no experience using this drug so maybe consider asking anyone you know who uses it or do some research on it).

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Richard Cheese and Sny

1. Test/quiz studying
1. Speed studying
2. Homework
3. Projects
1. Group projects
6. Publicity
7. Class taking

Test/Quiz studying

Note card taking:

Study guides:

Don't skip extra credit:

Speed studying:

Homework

Don't rush:

Pay attention in class:

Projects

GROUP PROJECTS:

Mentality and Attitude

Publicity

Class taking

THANK YOU FOR READING.

Water

READ EVERY MOLECULE.
My exams is coming in a month i think, I'm gonna try to ace and study so I won't regret it in the future.