Adjusting palate expander

K

kotchfed

Iron
Currently using a palatal expander the active plate one from bracesshop.

I’ve expanded a total of 3.5mm but what I have noticed know is that as my palate has expanded, the roof of my mouth is become more flat and wider which means it’s losing the height. However, the expander cannot change its shape and only just moves laterally when expanded. This causes it to be uneven in the mouth and the way it fits is changing.

Does anyone have experience with this? Do I have to shave down the acrylic and how do I do this?

I’ve expanded a total of 3.5mm but what I have noticed know is that as my palate has expanded, the roof of my mouth is become more flat and wider which means it’s losing the height. However, the expander cannot change its shape and only just moves laterally when expanded. This causes it to be uneven in the mouth and the way it fits is changing.

Does anyone have experience with this? Do I have to shave down the acrylic and how do I do this?
how did at home expansion go? seems dangerous??

how did at home expansion go? seems dangerous??
It was good. I only did 3mm expansion and it went fine. My palate is wider and more of my teeth shows. Bare in mind it is only 3mm.

I was expanding at a rate of 0.25mm every two days.

just mew bro!

It was good. I only did 3mm expansion and it went fine. My palate is wider and more of my teeth shows. Bare in mind it is only 3mm.

I was expanding at a rate of 0.25mm every two days.
I wanna try this how do you prevent assymetry

I was thinking either the rpe or the active plate

I wanna try this how do you prevent assymetry
I don’t know how you can prevent asymmetry. I just hoped it would expand evenly - which it did.

I’m old enough to do things without my parents’ permission.

I don’t know how you can prevent asymmetry. I just hoped it would expand evenly - which it did.

Do they not notice it in your mouth also can we talk somewhere else like discord ?

Mirin palate expander g

I was just asking becuasr most people sutures close after 16 so i guess your young to get expansion

Link the one you bought. And don’t the expanders with plastic make you a soy boy

I was just asking becuasr most people sutures close after 16 so i guess your young to get expansion
If you stick to the 1mm per week rule, it may expand skeletally. Sure, we can talk on discord. Message me on here first.