Cant get palate expander - what now?

HiddenUzer

HiddenUzer

Beauty is bone deep.
I asked my ortho for palate expander and he told me expanding my narrow palate will cause a crossbite as my lower jaw is very narrow. So he suggested i do nothing about it as I have no functional issues relating to my bite. What can I do now? My upper and lower jaw are both narrow, lower jaw is slightly more narrow, ortho suggested me MSDO surgery where they cut my chin in the middle and surgically make my lower jaw wider but the surgery looks too brutal.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Agendum and Shkreliii
nothing else to do just do it

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii

Attachments

• MSDO-surgery-A-bone-separation-B-periosteum-suture.png
    MSDO-surgery-A-bone-separation-B-periosteum-suture.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: coispet and Shkreliii
I asked my ortho for palate expander and he told me expanding my narrow palate will cause a crossbite as my lower jaw is very narrow. So he suggested i do nothing about it as I have no functional issues relating to my bite. What can I do now? My upper and lower jaw are both narrow, lower jaw is slightly more narrow, ortho suggested me MSDO surgery where they cut my chin in the middle and surgically make my lower jaw wider but the surgery looks too brutal.
well give up obv

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist and Shkreliii
Invisaline

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 56523 and Shkreliii
expand your palate a bit using Invisaline and then fillers

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 56523 and Shkreliii
aw hell nah how long u gotta have that shit there
Its like a palate expander but for lower jaw and its brutal because there's a constant open wound

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 56523 and Shkreliii
go to a different ortho bro lmao

• +1
  • +1
wait if my palate expands from thumb pulling or mewing i can get a crossbite?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Shkreliii
wait if my palate expands from thumb pulling or mewing i can get a crossbite?
i doubt it'll work but if your palate gets wider too much your teeth wont be able to fit together properly

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Deleted member 52566
i doubt it'll work but if your palate gets wider too much your teeth wont be able to fit together properly
i thought if the palate gets wider than it would push the jaw outwards to keep the bite aligned

• +1
i thought if the palate gets wider than it would push the jaw outwards to keep the bite aligned
I don't think it pushes maxilla outwards it just gets wider

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Deleted member 52566
Palate expansion is mostly a meme. I settled the question by undergoing MSE myself.

Post cbct scan or something.

Become a Guinea pig for me yeah? Get a massive raw steak and bite it and pull it from the side

palate expander doesnt even change aesthethics jfl