Fix deep bite with no surgery?

H

hahalol123

Iron
I have a deep bite to where I can barely see my bottom teeth smiling and wondering if I can fix it with only braces/invisalign/etc.

I never had any dentist work to fix my crowding and it made my teeth all wack:

The green is where my teeth are in comparison. The problem is that my lower canines got pushed too forward and they kinda trapped the 4 middle bottom teeth in between (they slant inwards towards my throat instead of being up vertically)

In the before/after below I did a few things

1. relax my lower jaw down a little to where it would naturally be if my bottom front teeth went forward instead of being trapped back (resting position)

2. blew a tiny bit of air against my lips to mimic my bottom front teeth pushing against them if they were properly aligned with the rest of my arch

Imo this helps save my small mouth area + thin lips + witch chin Combo I have going on

Do you guys think I will be able to achieve the after photo with braces or invisalign? Or would I also need lower jaw surgery? It's just I don;t think my mandible or chin is the issue since it goes to the right position, its just my lower mouth thats all fucked up cuz no teeth to push the lips out and my jaw is forced into an unnatural feeling bite

here is what my bottom row looks like jfl:

Kinda hard to see but the canines are stopping the middle 4 teeth from being in line with the arch. lmk thoughts

ye im wondering if that will get me to my desired after photo wit no surgery
i would go with that, your dentist will give u better answer than this forum

I have a deep bite to where I can barely see my bottom teeth smiling and wondering if I can fix it with only braces/invisalign/etc.

View attachment 2854295

The green is where my teeth are in comparison. The problem is that my lower canines got pushed too forward and they kinda trapped the 4 middle bottom teeth in between (they slant inwards towards my throat instead of being up vertically)

1. relax my lower jaw down a little to where it would naturally be if my bottom front teeth went forward instead of being trapped back (resting position)

2. blew a tiny bit of air against my lips to mimic my bottom front teeth pushing against them if they were properly aligned with the rest of my arch

View attachment 2854303View attachment 2854306

Imo this helps save my small mouth area + thin lips + witch chin Combo I have going on

Do you guys think I will be able to achieve the after photo with braces or invisalign? Or would I also need lower jaw surgery? It's just I don;t think my mandible or chin is the issue since it goes to the right position, its just my lower mouth thats all fucked up cuz no teeth to push the lips out and my jaw is forced into an unnatural feeling bite

View attachment 2854312

Kinda hard to see but the canines are stopping the middle 4 teeth from being in line with the arch. lmk thoughts
personally I would approach this by first of all addressing the lack of tongue space which makes it difficult to correct the improper tongue posture (posterior tongue resting on back teeth), At the same time I would create an open bite by flaring out the incisors until the deep bite is corrected. You can have your mandible positioned a little forward like when jutting.
Following this: Theoretically over time through proper tongue posture your occlusion will correct itself and your mandible should begin to grow to maintain balance with upper jaw.

correcting deep bite any other way is very complex IMO. so this would be my first attempt and a few years down the line you can re-analyse where you stand and work out the surgically approach if needed.

personally I would approach this by first of all addressing the lack of tongue space which makes it difficult to correct the improper tongue posture (posterior tongue resting on back teeth), At the same time I would create an open bite by flaring out the incisors until the deep bite is corrected. You can have your mandible positioned a little forward like when jutting.
Following this: Theoretically over time through proper tongue posture your occlusion will correct itself and your mandible should begin to grow to maintain balance with upper jaw.

correcting deep bite any other way is very complex IMO. so this would be my first attempt and a few years down the line you can re-analyse where you stand and work out the surgically approach if needed.
so you think I will need surgery or at least a lot more work than just braces in order to fix my deep bite? why cant I just do braces to bring the teeth to the natural arch?

Also I already have enough room in my mouth to have proper tongue posture and its wide enough that I don't feel molars at the back either

I have the same issue, im going for surgery

View attachment 2854295

View attachment 2854312

What the fuck, get the fuck off this forum and go enjoy your life, thats amazing side profile

fucking tiktok fake cels

so you think I will need surgery or at least a lot more work than just braces in order to fix my deep bite? why cant I just do braces to bring the teeth to the natural arch?
i dont know what your ortho's treatment plan is so its hard for me to answer your question. There are many approaches that mainstream orthos take with deep bite. They may intrude your incisors, or they may extrude your molars. The thing is in cases of deep bite what you are dealing with is what I call anterior maxillary downgrowth. Your anterior maxilla has fallen down and back and needs to be lifted up and forward. this is relatively easy and is done with orthotopic treatment. Now your lower incisors have extruded more than they should similar to what happens when you lose a upper tooth (the corresponding lower tooth will extrude to fill the empty space). idealy you want this tooth moved down and forward until its meeting with your upper incisors.Im . ot sure this is valid but one idea I have had is toperform this treatment and th

What the fuck, get the fuck off this forum and go enjoy your life, thats amazing side profile
lmao yea ok

I thoought it was decent too until I sent it to some psl autism kids and got called a "MTN witch" soidign4rgb3

i dont know what your ortho's treatment plan is so its hard for me to answer your question. There are many approaches that mainstream orthos take with deep bite. They may intrude your incisors, or they may extrude your molars. The thing is in cases of deep bite what you are dealing with is what I call anterior maxillary downgrowth. Your anterior maxilla has fallen down and back and needs to be lifted up and forward. this is relatively easy and is done with orthotopic treatment. Now your lower incisors have extruded more than they should similar to what happens when you lose a upper tooth (the corresponding lower tooth will extrude to fill the empty space). idealy you want this tooth moved down and forward until its meeting with your upper incisors.Im . ot sure this is valid but one idea I have had is toperform this treatment and th
ok this was really helpful.

on second thought, in that last photo I posted of my bottom row...

I think my issue might just be the fact that my lower incisors are VERY extruded. if I could somehow reverse that I think my bite would be normal and it would fix that area on my lower mouth

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
ok this was really helpful.

on second thought, in that last photo I posted of my bottom row...

I think my issue might just be the fact that my lower incisors are VERY extruded. if I could somehow reverse that I think my bite would be normal and it would fix that area on my lower mouth
It would improve things but another repercussion of deep bite is growth retardation of the mandible.. which can be fixed with implants and genio relatively easy in a case like yours

View attachment 2854295

View attachment 2854312

maybs use da braces or just find a sketchy old dude in a alleyway he'll fix u up good fort dirt cheep

It would improve things but another repercussion of deep bite is growth retardation of the mandible.. which can be fixed with implants and genio relatively easy in a case like yours
yea im cooked lmao i think im just hella downward grown or some shit