Alternative way to use Youtube without Ads

D

Deleted member 52057

Sphinx
Youtube won’t allow you to use an adblocker (unless it’s a good one that is capable of bypassing this)

The site it’s unbearable if you use it without an adblocker due to its invasive Ads. So whenever I want to use Youtube, I use Invidious instead.

Invidious

Invidious is a Youtube front-end. Basically Youtube without ads and trackers.

You can create an account with just an username and a password (no email required) and you can subscribe to any channel with this account.

In the settings (bottom next to LOG IN) you can click on “proxy videos” to hide your IP from Youtube in case it blocks content from your country.

Some instances allow you to download the video in different formats and resolutions

What you do is using the link that is more geographically near to your country

There is even an instance from India!

I recommend you to not use vid.puffyan.us and yewtu.be as both are very slow and stop working very often

Disadvantages of using Invidious
  • Site looks similar to the very old Youtube layout, so it may look ugly (also take in account this site doesn’t load javascripts)
  • Even if you make an account, you can’t comment, like/dislike or upload videos. It’s for lurkers only
  • It doesn’t bypass age restriction in some cases
  • Sites obviously are slower than Youtube and sometimes these stop working. Consider that
  • Videos on your home page are very tech related which may not be of your interest
  • It won’t give you search suggestions below the search bar like Youtube and many other sites do
  • Sometimes “next page” button may not work or appear. You can fix that by adding “&page=2” in the url (this doesn’t work for channels)

Try it before it’s too late

Youtube wants to shut down this site, even though nothing illegal has been done.

Good news is that it would be really hard to wipe up this project.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88x...ource-privacy-software-invidious-to-shut-down

Links

Use Invidious

https://docs.invidious.io/instances/

Github project information

https://github.com/iv-org/invidious

I’ve been using it since last year and has worked pretty well for me. There is a better alternative site

which I should make a thread about it in the future but I have to introduce this site to you due to how

much time I’ve been using it.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: plukee and lunin7
i use adblocker dumbass and dnr

use ublock origin and disable your other addblockers on yt, they interfere.

alternatively click share > embed and you can usually watch it there.

no ways someone want to do that delusional thing

use ublock origin and disable your other addblockers on yt, they interfere.

alternatively click share > embed and you can usually watch it there.
yeah by far the best adblocker at the moment
I've heard brave also works pretty well

When YouTube gives me the pop up that i can't use AdBlock i simply restart the site and they don't bother me anymore

buy yt premium

You could also use freetube.
What makes freetube special is that you dont need to make an account but you can still subscribe to your favourite youtube channels. It also doesnt have ads. Only downside (if you even consider it to be one) would be that you would have to download it as opposed to entering a URL to your preferred search engine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 52057
just buy premium brokie !

Youtube won’t allow you to use an adblocker (unless it’s a good one that is capable of bypassing this)

The site it’s unbearable if you use it without an adblocker due to its invasive Ads. So whenever I want to use Youtube, I use Invidious instead.

Invidious

Invidious is a Youtube front-end. Basically Youtube without ads and trackers.

View attachment 2628840

You can create an account with just an username and a password (no email required) and you can subscribe to any channel with this account.

View attachment 2628842

In the settings (bottom next to LOG IN) you can click on “proxy videos” to hide your IP from Youtube in case it blocks content from your country.

View attachment 2628843

View attachment 2628844

Some instances allow you to download the video in different formats and resolutions

View attachment 2628846

What you do is using the link that is more geographically near to your country

There is even an instance from India!

I recommend you to not use vid.puffyan.us and yewtu.be as both are very slow and stop working very often

View attachment 2628849

Disadvantages of using Invidious
  • Site looks similar to the very old Youtube layout, so it may look ugly (also take in account this site doesn’t load javascripts)
  • Even if you make an account, you can’t comment, like/dislike or upload videos. It’s for lurkers only
  • It doesn’t bypass age restriction in some cases
  • Sites obviously are slower than Youtube and sometimes these stop working. Consider that
  • Videos on your home page are very tech related which may not be of your interest
  • It won’t give you search suggestions below the search bar like Youtube and many other sites do
  • Sometimes “next page” button may not work or appear. You can fix that by adding “&page=2” in the url (this doesn’t work for channels)

Try it before it’s too late

Youtube wants to shut down this site, even though nothing illegal has been done.

Good news is that it would be really hard to wipe up this project.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88x...ource-privacy-software-invidious-to-shut-down

Links

Use Invidious

https://docs.invidious.io/instances/

Github project information

https://github.com/iv-org/invidious

I’ve been using it since last year and has worked pretty well for me. There is a better alternative site

which I should make a thread about it in the future but I have to introduce this site to you due to how

much time I’ve been using it.
to much work just buy premium nigga

firefox + ublock

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 49130 and Deleted member 52057