Anxiety based disorders.

Mister Fuwy

Mister Fuwy

Sphinx
If you have one of these disorders reply to this thread with your disorder and how it affects your general life and social life. Thanks!

• +1
Reactions: vermillioncorefan
therapy.org

i have a bit of social anxiety and it’s prob the reason i ended up here

• +1
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer and Mister Fuwy
i’m autistic as fuck and love meth a lil too much that’s why it’s over for me:feelskek::feelsrope:

sure robot therapist
Haha im not a robot. Do you have a dopamine source when you’re in public like listening to music or a fidgety habit and do you experience the same anxiety when you are out with friends/family (people you enjoy going out with)?

Do you have a dopamine source when you’re in public like listening to music
yes, have my airpods in most of the time or scrolling on social medias.
you experience the same anxiety when you are out with friends/family (people you enjoy going out with)?
not close family like parents/grandparents but a bit with family i’m not very familiar with. same with friends. close friends i’m fine with, but somewhat distant friends i get it a bit anxious

I used to be extremely anxious and neurotic, but I hardened myself over the years with exposure to things that would stress me out. I don't think I was ever inherently wired that way, but a lot of unfortunate circumstances certainly didn't help in my development years. Consciously recognising certain thinking patterns helped too. I  wanted to be better and I changed.

• +1
Reactions: klip11 and Mister Fuwy
anxiety, scared that people judge me 100% of the times, always trying to be perfect in everyone's image

• +1
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer
If you have one of these disorders reply to this thread with your disorder and how it affects your general life and social life. Thanks!

I used to be extremely anxious and neurotic, but I hardened myself over the years with exposure to things that would stress me out. I don't think I was ever inherently wired that way, but a lot of unfortunate circumstances certainly didn't help in my development years. Consciously recognising certain thinking patterns helped too. I  wanted to be better and I changed.
What a great job you’ve done I’m happy that you managed your situation, have you done it all by yourself or with the help of a therapist (exposure therapy)?

exposure to things that would stress me out.
how tf did u do this. when i try exposure therapy i just enter fight or flight and usually just choose flight and end up not being able to do it

yes, have my airpods in most of the time or scrolling on social medias.

not close family like parents/grandparents but a bit with family i’m not very familiar with. same with friends. close friends i’m fine with, but somewhat distant friends i get it a bit anxious
That’s what I thought seems like your dopamine levels are off combined with low serotonin that’s a recipe for anxiety, you can help yourself by extremely limiting the time you listen to music and the places you listen to music in. I suggest listening to music no more than 30 minutes a day and only at places where you’re alone without people around you.

i have a bit of social anxiety and it’s prob the reason i ended up here
Same but it got better as I got older and gained more ‘social experience’ so to speak

how tf did u do this. when i try exposure therapy i just enter fight or flight and usually just choose flight and end up not being able to do it
Probably moving too fast remember slow and steady wins the race, sometimes help from a therapist is necessary, I would like to add (purely anecdotal) but some diets can help with anxiety

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender
What a great job you’ve done I’m happy that you managed your situation, have you done it all by yourself or with the help of a therapist (exposure therapy)?
I only ever had interactions with medical professionals when I was in my early teens. I was refusing to go to school and being a nuisance. Long story short I got put in an institution. At first I cried and completely shit myself because my freedom was taken away from me, but I resolved to get out as quickly as possible. So I made up all kinds of tales that would make sense and explain my behaviour to the people working there and I got out quick because I appeared fine. I was officially diagnosed with some kind of anxiety disorder and I had medicine prescribed to me. I honestly don't remember the actual diagnosis and what those pills were because I stopped taking that shit like two weeks after. The same year I ended up going back to school, became popular and had a chance to be very NT and fuck crap loads of girls my age (I was unattractive as a kid but i ascended in puberty and I had no idea how to deal with girls even if they were literally pushing themselves upon me), but I was troubled and didn't go down that trajectory. I ended up leaving that behind and socially isolating myself again. I haven't had any therapy or medical help since, it's been trial and error to get to where I am now. Looking back I feel as if I've lived for far longer than my real age. When I examine my life it feels like I've lived through dozen different lives, so different from each iteration, yet always maintaining a deep wellspring of who I am. Sometimes when I read books, fiction especially, some of the things there seem more real than the things I've lived through.

I hope that answers your question.

I ended up leaving home at 21 to hitchhike all over Europe. My only goal was to reach Italy. I had very little money and no real plans, experience or knowledge. I wanted a real adventure even if I was terrified to speak to people before I set off. I had someone with me, a girl, so it was something like a plot straight from an adventure film, except it was real. I ended up going broke and sleeping in a tent for awhile after a few months of doing that. Through several extremely lucky events I ended up working for a hostel and I got work and eventually started living a life that fits me well. Ever since this I haven't stopped travelling and working only seasonally. So yes, it took extreme circumstances to make extreme changes possible.

One can acquire everything in solitude except character.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: incel194012940, NorwoodAscender and Mister Fuwy
I only ever had interactions with medical professionals when I was in my early teens. I was refusing to go to school and being a nuisance. Long story short I got put in an institution. At first I cried and completely shit myself because my freedom was taken away from me, but I resolved to get out as quickly as possible. So I made up all kinds of tales that would make sense and explain my behaviour to the people working there and I got out quick because I appeared fine. I was officially diagnosed with some kind of anxiety disorder and I had medicine prescribed to me. I honestly don't remember the actual diagnosis and what those pills were because I stopped taking that shit like two weeks after. The same year I ended up going back to school, became popular and had a chance to be very NT and fuck crap loads of girls my age (I was unattractive as a kid but i ascended in puberty and I had no idea how to deal with girls even if they were literally pushing themselves upon me), but I was troubled and didn't go down that trajectory. I ended up leaving that behind and socially isolating myself again. I haven't had any therapy or medical help since, it's been trial and error to get to where I am now. Looking back I feel as if I've lived for far longer than my real age. When I examine my life it feels like I've lived through dozen different lives, so different from each iteration, yet always maintaining a deep wellspring of who I am. Sometimes when I read books, fiction especially, some of the things there seem more real than the things I've lived through.
I hope you stay in this track of self improvement much respect 🫡 , kind of similar to me haha (I had that puberty ascension) felt weird back then