Any legit deadlifters here?

Chinacurry

Chinacurry

Kraken
So I went back to the gym after 7 weeks off, and went straight to doing rackpulls. I can't do deadlifts due to a chronic knees problem, hence I do rackpulls, and don't go super heavy.

Problem is on the last rep of the last set I felt that sharp tweaking pain in the lower back and I am still feeling it 3 days later, albeit much lesser, when I bend down to pick something off the floor.

I fear maybe I wasn't hinging my hips enough even for a rack pulls, is there any expert who can look and tell me?

• +1
Reactions: Worthlesshapa777
maybe you didn't brace hard enough? do you wear a belt? could be a herniated disc, visit a doctor if it doesn't go away

Backsnap gorilla got you

maybe you didn't brace hard enough? do you wear a belt? could be a herniated disc, visit a doctor if it doesn't go away
Was also worried about it being herniated disc, because it happened at the end, by the time I was fatigued so couldn't brace hard anymore, also I didn't wear a belt, as I always thought belts are only for when u go heavy, as opposed to what I was doing, 15 reps at 110kg.
I guess this was also dumb because my 1rm is only 140kg, and I was therefore repping too much really

prolly just overuse, rest for a while

only time i ever tweaked something was when i was DLing 3x a week (bad idea once u have any strength base built)

Deadlifting in my opinion is pointless if you aren’t a powerlifter.

Most people do it for ego, it doesnt really provide that much benefit other than just letting you deadlift heavier weight.

For muscle, squats and romanian deadlifts work the same muscles a lot better than deadlifts do due to the increased time under tension.

The risk to benefit ratio with deadlifts is shit.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Soontm

Most people do it for ego, it doesnt really provide that much benefit other than just letting you deadlift heavier weight.

For muscle, squats and romanian deadlifts work the same muscles a lot better than deadlifts do due to the increased time under tension.

Ugh. Time under tension is not a primary driver of hypertrophy.

Deadlift is a great lift even if you are not a powerlifter.

deadlift for fags

True, but the leverages aren’t even that good either for muscle hypertrophy, compared to Squats and Romanians.

True, but the leverages aren’t even that good either for muscle hypertrophy, compared to Squats and Romanians.
Like I said, squats I can't do thanks to my knee, and wouldn't a rack pull work just like an RDL? Just with less range and TUT?

Press the following points and see if you feel pain, if you do you might have compressed a nerve:
- Inner area just after each shoulder blade
- Lower back right and left area just above the butt
- Waist area on your sides where upper body and hips join

meh ive deadlifted 6 plates and still looked skinny. I still think it's a good lift to do for overall strength but really you're not gonna get visual gains from it as easily as you would from rack pulls, pullups and rows

Dead lifts mean nothing. You'll only impress gymcels. I keep it at 4 plates. Fuck impressing faggots.

Posterior chain involvement is pretty good for developing sprint speed though. But for hypertrophy, you're right.

Just here to brag about my 475lbs deadlift @145bw
And to help you it was probably dumb to go straight to rack pulls after such a long break since it is a supramaximal lift, you should've started with light regular deadlifts and eased back into rack pulls (that you shouldn't be even doing btw, I'd argue they're probably worse than regular deadlifts) if you're having knee pain it's better for you to do Romanian deadlifts, and about the back pain it is most likely just a tweak/fatigue and should go on its own very soon, the use of NSAIDS will speed up recovery.

Last edited:
Probably just pulled a muscle in lower back. Has happened to me a couple times. First couple days are painful with reduced mobility but eventually goes back to normal. If you experience any strange numbness occurring in your legs or anywhere really, you should talk to a doctor.

Just here to brag about my 475lbs deadlift @145bw
And to help you it was probably dumb to go straight to rack pulls after such a long break since it is a supramaximal lift, you should've started with light regular deadlifts and eased back into rack pulls (that you shouldn't be even doing btw, I'd argue they're probably worse than regular deadlifts) if you're having knee pain it's better for you to do Romanian deadlifts, and about the back pain it is most likely just a tweak/fatigue and should go on its own very soon, the use of NSAIDS will speed up recovery.
Yes it was a tweak, and now pretty sure has cleared up. Took a 6 day break, today back in gym, keeping it to high rep, low weight, seated wide rows, close grip pulldowns, face pulls

So I went back to the gym after 7 weeks off, and went straight to doing rackpulls. I can't do deadlifts due to a chronic knees problem, hence I do rackpulls, and don't go super heavy.

Problem is on the last rep of the last set I felt that sharp tweaking pain in the lower back and I am still feeling it 3 days later, albeit much lesser, when I bend down to pick something off the floor.

I fear maybe I wasn't hinging my hips enough even for a rack pulls, is there any expert who can look and tell me?
First off, rackpulls are meh unless you use a snatch grip rather than a dl one

You probably have a postural problem to begin with, that's why it's important to stretch a lot even in the off days
Go slow and work your way up rather than getting back at using weights you used to do
Talk to a doctor if you can't move the muscle, it could be an hernia, if you can move but it's painful, you probably pulled a muscle and that's okay

First off, rackpulls are meh unless you use a snatch grip rather than a dl one

You probably have a postural problem to begin with, that's why it's important to stretch a lot even in the off days
Go slow and work your way up rather than getting back at using weights you used to do
Talk to a doctor if you can't move the muscle, it could be an hernia, if you can move but it's painful, you probably pulled a muscle and that's okay
Well luckily the pain has gone now, and I've had this pain many times before, and always from lifting heavy from the ground.
Reason I doubted it was a muscle pain, was because it's not a soreness, it's a sharp pain as I move through a certain point in the ROM typicall as I go through 20 degrees

Well luckily the pain has gone now, and I've had this pain many times before, and always from lifting heavy from the ground.
Reason I doubted it was a muscle pain, was because it's not a soreness, it's a sharp pain as I move through a certain point in the ROM typicall as I go through 20 degrees
Does it clack? You may have postural problems if you have problems in that specific area

Does it clack? You may have postural problems if you have problems in that specific area
Does not click no. I defo have postural problems, tight ITB, which limits movement, extremely tight hips, anterior pelvic tilt, all down to not being able to activate my glutes. It truly is over for me

Does not click no. I defo have postural problems, tight ITB, which limits movement, extremely tight hips, anterior pelvic tilt, all down to not being able to activate my glutes. It truly is over for me
It’s not over if you know your weakness
Just stretch daily theory I guess

You could do to a physician but idk where you’re from and how expensive they’re

Youtube is full of tutorial, you may go there just a couple of times to help you fix your weaknesses faster and then progress by yourself if money is an issue

Had that before. The twinge when you bend over to pick somwthing up. I t just goes away with time. mine left literally after two days so its not a long term thing. Lying on my shoulder helped intstead of on my back

FUCK YOUR SHITTY THREAD, TREYWAY BLOODS WE TAKING THIS GAY SHIT OUT AND HIJACKING IT..NEXT TIME PAY YA TAXES PUSSY. ON BLOOD!
giphy.gif

BraveBoringHoiho-size_restricted.gif

ViOPKRDCAO6GhqW0CY.gif

I do deadlifts for posture.
It really helps with posture imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back