anybody here became a coder?

onlyhereforthehair

onlyhereforthehair

Iron
an IT guy on reddit told me it takes 3-4 years to become a freelance programmer that makes 80€/our

Step 1: learn some programing languages on udemy
Step 2: do a bootcamp (expensive but its because of HR stacys, not to learn)

Step 1 and 2 are 8 months

Than start as a junior for 45k/year- work hard so your junior status is gone after 1 year and get a wage salary increase to 55k.
In your freetime stuy alot about architecture, algorithms.

After 2 Years change company for 60-75k a year.
After another 2 years in that second company you should be ablo to freelance for 80€/hour

is it that easy?

• JFL
Reactions: noodlelover
That's how most coders think their career is going to be, but in reality they are rotting at home applying for jobs that they'll get rejected from.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Marsiere214, med, onlyhereforthehair and 10 others
That's how most coders think their career is going to be, but in reality they are rotting at home applying for jobs that they'll get rejected from.

Attachments

• 4079465-ee2c86127a2f3a2d23ffe2b368e245e1.mov
    1.6 MB
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: mogstars, butterworld, Thebbcmaxxer and 1 other person
is this a skill issue in these cases? IT seems like the only industry where skills > degree/normie CV. Why would a coder rott instead of improving his skills.

• +1
Reactions: N1666
is this a skill issue in these cases? IT seems like the only industry where skills > degree/normie CV. Why would a coder rott instead of improving his skills.
You've got to realise that your competition is guys who have been coding since 12 years old, have a ton of projects and been to university with a computer science related degree. They have the skills, but there's no demand for them really as they aren't unique in any way.

Then there's you who goes down the path of learning to code at home with a certificate from an online bootcamp. You aren't going to get anywhere without projects or actual experience, and certainly not going to land a 45k a year job.

• +1
Reactions: onlyhereforthehair, mogstars, Dontknowan and 5 others
for real

many companies have a cv filter to reject anyone without a bachelor

with a bootcamp you can land shitty companies

• +1
Reactions: Luffymaxxing, N1666 and BoredPrince
for real

many companies have a cv filter to reject anyone without a bachelor

with a bootcamp you can land shitty companies
the plan is to start at a shitty company and work there for a year. to not be a junior anymore

the plan is to start at a shitty company and work there for a year. to not be a junior anymore
maybe, but you'll surely payed really badly at the start, and on top of that you'll have to work long hours

then you need to demostrate skill to advance in your career, it's not like with time you'll automatically be promoted

• +1
Reactions: onlyhereforthehair
maybe, but you'll surely payed really badly at the start, and on top of that you'll have to work long hours

then you need to demostrate skill to advance in your career, it's not like with time you'll automatically be promoted
so the best is to work in factory with shifts for money and meanwhile self-teaching coding and studying an easy Bachelor for Business informatics in a remote university?

so the best is to work in factory with shifts for money and meanwhile self-teaching coding and studying an easy Bachelor for Business informatics in a remote university?
If you feel like you are an extraordinary person who can: build something so good or have a big impact that will convince good companies to hire you despite not having a degree, or even better, go and do something independetly, the go to the bootcamp/projects route

if you feel like you are an average person, the a degree may open doors that you won't have without it

• +1
You've got to realise that your competition is guys who have been coding since 12 years old, have a ton of projects and been to university with a computer science related degree. They have the skills, but there's no demand for them really as they aren't unique in any way.

Then there's you who goes down the path of learning to code at home with a certificate from an online bootcamp. You aren't going to get anywhere without projects or actual experience, and certainly not going to land a 45k a year job.

Jfl 45k is below bottom of the barrel in the us for software development.

• +1
Reactions: N1666
Jfl 45k is below bottom of the barrel in the us for software development.
45k would be nice for a start and i would asap take the job a the first step.
But reality in EU they love degrees and gap-free CVs.
So in reality here you probably would start with 28k-35k/year as a self thaught programmer

Ah the just get a bunch of certificates and hopefully get a job offer cope, yeah nah I tried it 2 years back when I was super into coding, bought over 15 different udemy courses and did all of freecodecamp, read everything on w3schools and used stackoverflow (shit website I hate that community) and was overall trying to become a full stack developer leaning more towards the back end but yeah nah I never got a job of any kind, got 1 interview on which I got fucking stood up on

Ah the just get a bunch of certificates and hopefully get a job offer cope, yeah nah I tried it 2 years back when I was super into coding, bought over 15 different udemy courses and did all of freecodecamp, read everything on w3schools and used stackoverflow (shit website I hate that community) and was overall trying to become a full stack developer leaning more towards the back end but yeah nah I never got a job of any kind, got 1 interview on which I got fucking stood up on
what if i do these things but i get a degree in computer science or something of that nature ?? still over ?

Sounds bad. Have you had a portfolio of projects to show? Did you quit completely or do you found use in your coding skills? i guess its still a good skill if you want to try make money in online marketing.

im currently in month 3 of learning to code python.
its lowkey fun, i enjoy learning it.
gonna probably also learn html after another 4-5 months (or until relatively proficient).

probably gonna get a software development job right after highschool since I know a few places.

just go for it, learn coding just for experience and possibly for a job in the future

• +1
Is it that easy?
Impossible to know if it's gonna be easy for YOU. If you got brain for it, you'll obviously do well. You need to try it out like with everything, see if you can think in loops.

Coding requires a lot of focus and that's where a lot of people fall short already.
Also depends on what you're coding frontend, backend, how strict the language is etc.

Bootcamps are decent and are usually taught by younger coders. Younger people are more likely to been in business recently than uni professors.

Few types of people hiring.
One that will instantly rule you out because you don't have a bachelor's degree, and it's not only because that degree proves you can code. Rather it proves you're capable of getting trough all that headache, bs and stress that comes with getting a degree. Working under stress is an important trait in this field.
Other type is in my opinion is the smarter type. They'll hear you out but like I said smarter so their way better at detecting if you're good or not. But if you prove your worthy enough they don't give a shit about your degree.

• +1
Just sell websites, know how to make them and sell them

• +1
Sounds like you are in Europe. The job market is pretty much fucked in Europe as they give everything to the chinks. I would advice u go to PA or Med school. The normoloids are oversaturating the field with bootcamps (who are now shitty but in the future they will prolly be enough to land u a job). Companies are also investing big time in indian outsourcing companies (who r now also shit but theyll prolly get better as investments pour in and the hindu gov gets on the track).

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: mogstars, onlyhereforthehair and noodlelover
Sounds like you are in Europe. The job market is pretty much fucked in Europe as they give everything to the chinks. I would advice u go to PA or Med school. The normoloids are oversaturating the field with bootcamps (who are now shitty but in the future they will prolly be enough to land u a job). Companies are also investing big time in indian outsourcing companies (who r now also shit but theyll prolly get better as investments pour in and the hindu gov gets on the track).
what is PA?

also im studying CS next academic year, your comment doesnt fill me with joy but based on my own research its very much possible to land a good "coding" job provided you go to a good university and do all the important stuff e.g. projects, interships, networking etc.
obviously it isnt that simple those are all difficult things to do but 100% of technology related labour is not outsourced to India.

what is PA?

also im studying CS next academic year, your comment doesnt fill me with joy but based on my own research its very much possible to land a good "coding" job provided you go to a good university and do all the important stuff e.g. projects, interships, networking etc.
obviously it isnt that simple those are all difficult things to do but 100% of technology related labour is not outsourced to India.
its just going to be another engineering degree and what i mean by that is that they are over hyped and that Most engineering majors are underemployed(meaning that they work jobs unrelated to their field). Secondly networking is a common buzzword thrown around but unless you live in a rich area and going to a really good college you won't get a decent job. I agree that the cybersecurity aspect of IT prolly wont be outsourced. PA school is Physician Assistant school and its done after getting a bachelors degree and it lasts 2 years. They make about 91 an hour and they are basically psuedo doctors. ER pas can make up to 230k a year starting in my area. I am also studying cs starting in august and currently working as a paramedic and im studying it because my med school favors stem majors.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: onlyhereforthehair, noodlelover and kiyopon
I've been coding for 30 years. I've never even come close to making minimum wage.

The coding jobs I did have were all contract, so they could pay me far bellow minimum wage, and I still had to show up and work at an office all day, five days a week.

Entry level coding jobs are now being automated away with Ai, so it's becoming even more saturated.

And at every company I've worked for, I was always the best programmer. Every one would come to me for help.

Getting good jobs, and good pay is all social skills, and a social status game. Much less intelligent, and less skilled classmates of mine got better jobs. Though, even they didn't last in those jobs.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: mogstars, onlyhereforthehair, HTN_Mentalcel and 1 other person
I've been coding for 30 years. I've never even come close to making minimum wage.

The coding jobs I did have were all contract, so they could pay me far bellow minimum wage, and I still had to show up and work at an office all day, five days a week.

Entry level coding jobs are now being automated away with Ai, so it's becoming even more saturated.

And at every company I've worked for, I was always the best programmer. Every one would come to me for help.

Getting good jobs, and good pay is all social skills, and a social status game. Much less intelligent, and less skilled classmates of mine got better jobs. Though, even they didn't last in those jobs.
Country? Do you have uni degree?

@darktriadprince I opened the thing you posted and I cant delete it did you fuck me?

Impossible to know if it's gonna be easy for YOU. If you got brain for it, you'll obviously do well. You need to try it out like with everything, see if you can think in loops.

Coding requires a lot of focus and that's where a lot of people fall short already.
Also depends on what you're coding frontend, backend, how strict the language is etc.

Bootcamps are decent and are usually taught by younger coders. Younger people are more likely to been in business recently than uni professors.

Few types of people hiring.
One that will instantly rule you out because you don't have a bachelor's degree, and it's not only because that degree proves you can code. Rather it proves you're capable of getting trough all that headache, bs and stress that comes with getting a degree. Working under stress is an important trait in this field.
Other type is in my opinion is the smarter type. They'll hear you out but like I said smarter so their way better at detecting if you're good or not. But if you prove your worthy enough they don't give a shit about your degree.
thats honestly a propper analysis of reality and advice.

whats with SAP Consulting? better chances there? idc how boring it is, i just want to earn good money and eventually work fully remote. Or move to dobai if i have talents in IT field.

IT seems like the only industry where skills > degree/normie CV

Nope

Not one person in the companies I managed didn't have a degree, and most had ivy league university degrees.

You sound knowledgeable, where are you from and what do you do? You currently in the field?

Nope

Not one person in the companies I managed didn't have a degree, and most had ivy league university degrees.
So the best way is to learn coding and IT skills for yourself so you can do more things in internet marketing?
And as a degree something that pays good like physician assistant so money flows till you earn enough with internet marketing?

You sound knowledgeable, where are you from and what do you do? You currently in the field?
I am Bulgarian American (half greek). I am taking cs with pre med classes , i work as a software dev and a paramedic on the weekends and during summer.
whats with SAP Consulting? better chances there? idc how boring it is, i just want to earn good money and eventually work fully remote. Or move to dobai if i have talents in IT field.
If you move abroad your salary will be adjusted to local rates unless u use a proxy but then you can be accused of tax fraud. Again IT degree will be like the engineering degrees where u will not necessarily be unemployed but underemployed. ( ). In regards to salaries, they are generally going down due to colleges giving diplomas like candy. I got into my curriculum coz my community college has 100% acceptance rate for it degrees. Others are 90%. Back in 2019 due to the lack of developers you were able to command the salaries now thats not the case.
So the best way is to learn coding and IT skills for yourself so you can do more things in internet marketing?
And as a degree something that pays good like physician assistant so money flows till you earn enough with internet marketing?
Internet marketing is over saturated. I recommend that you take a heavier course load so u can graduate early and do PA or Med School. Pa school preferably and then invest the money in real estate and in the snp500 (dont do individual stocks as they require u a shit ton of knowledge. Dont listen to the yts that tell u otherwise.)

Last edited:
  • +1