My plan to get rich while being employed

D

Deleted member 65984

Diamond
I have developed a plan that in theory should allow me to become rich while being employed. I understand being employed is not the best way to become rich, and I also understand that making like 500k does not make you rich. I'm being broad when I use the term "rich" in this thread. Feel free to let me know your thoughts of my plan.

My plan to get rich.

Step 0:
For the first step, I'll choose a career where you can make over 100k within your first 5 years of working. I decided that I would like to be a computer programmer. Now, I've done some research on this. From what I found software engineering is saturated at the entry-level. But once you climb the ladder a bit and you reach a point to where your getting offered mid-level positions, your "set" and you won't have to worry about not getting a job. I decided that I'll get a bachelors degree in Computer Science, and I'll get a minor in mathematics. Programming is built on math, and this is especially important because programmers need to have the ability to understand algorithms. In my opinion, the key to getting rich when your employed is being invaluable to employers. You need to be irreplaceable, and you need leverage over your employer. There are lots of people who have a computer science degree, and there are also a lot of people who get an additional math minor alongside this degree. However, being in that group of "CS people who are proficient in math" is already a great start.

Let's look at some of the data about Software Developers/Computer Programmer/Software Engineers.

So it seems that the data suggests that starting off, programmers on average can expect to make around 85k a year. In general it seems that the range is between 60k-100k for an entry-level programmer. Not bad at all. For all computer science occupations, we can broadly say that programmers make around 110k a year. There are certainly exceptions to this data, but generally speaking this is what seems to be accurate.

Step 1: So now I know what career I want to pursue. Now it's time to put together an action plan that will allow me to gain all the valuable skills that I would need to succeed as a programmer. So I settled on going the college route. I got offered admission into a state school for computer science and they state that if I complete 24 credits at a community college, I would receive admission into the school. So first I signed up for 13 credits in the summer. After those credits have been completed, I will take another 13 credits in the fall. After the fall session has ended, than I should be able to transfer to the state school.

Step 2: As this point, I have completed 24-26 credits at a CC and I have transferred them into the state school of which I am now a student of. My main goal here is to get my bachelors in Computer Science and a minor in Mathematics. I'll join 2-3 clubs that are all related to programming. In addition, I will also design 3-5 high quality CS projects. During the summers of college, I will bang out some credits, learn coding languages, and I'll attempt to get an internship.

Step 3: The prerequisite for this step is to have graduated college. Now that I have skills that prove I am a proficient programmer, I can start working at a company. I'm going to try and make at least 60k a year, which is very reasonable. Within the first 5 years, thanks to job hopping or general career progression, I should be able to make at least 100k a year.

Step 4: Now I'm making over 100k a year, and I'm still kinda young at this point. I'll use my previous and current work experience as well as my skillset to generate a higher income for myself. Within ten years of this step, I may be able to make the same salary as a surgeon.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, liberiangrimreaper, 5.5psl and 3 others
Nice plan Preston. I didn't read a single word though.

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, Mewton, Deleted member 65984 and 5 others
Just pimp hoes simple as that, its a high test job

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, Deleted member 65984 and Jeww
congratz u will be rich when you are 40 and it will be pointless

• JFL
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, Deleted member 65984 and Jeww
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, Deleted member 65984, n9wiff and 1 other person
Don't waste your time with a math minor, grind leetcode instead and you can make a lot of money and very fast if you make it into FAANG

Everything else in your plan is good ... if you actually execute on your plan then you'll have no issue getting a job after graduating

Too many people think a degree alone grants them a job but really most are underqualified

• +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, neverchadlite, Deleted member 65984 and 3 others
Why's everyone flaming Preston? Let the nigga dream and aspire
i dont wanna sound like one of those retards but in 2024 u can make money off of anything and he decideds hardest path

i dont wanna sound like one of those retards but in 2024 u can make money off of anything and he decideds hardest path
Preston has dreams beyond your intellect. You simply don't understand, this nigga is onto something here.

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, Deleted member 65984, n9wiff and 1 other person
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 65984 and Jeww
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, Deleted member 65984 and n9wiff
College isn't worth it and is wasted time. You can probably skip college and invest those 4 years working any kind of job and being promoted into a managerial position with similar pay and taking on 0 debt. The World is changing really fast and the change is only accelerating. I used to be like you until I realized how much I hated being on a computer 8 hours a day and wageslaving.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 65984, Axii and poopoohead
College isn't worth it and is wasted time. You can probably skip college and invest those 4 years working any kind of job and being promoted into a managerial position with similar pay and taking on 0 debt. The World is changing really fast and the change is only accelerating. I used to be like you until I realized how much I hated being on a computer 8 hours a day and wageslaving.
lol shut the fuck up

• +1
Reactions: Incidence and n9wiff
Shhhh its ok man. The way you feel about the truth doesn't stop it from being the truth.
Should I join hustler's university and escape the matrix then? Is that the truth?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1 and n9wiff
Should I join hustler's university and escape the matrix then? Is that the truth?
I didn't say that now did I?

Opportunity is everywhere. Most courses that are sold are in over-saturated markets that people don't mind giving away for free. You can make money doing just about anything these days. If you're creative and Intelligencemaxxing, you can form your own path.

Andrew Tate just says what he is told to say (He is a puppet too), so he is wrong about a lot of things - but he isn't wrong about school being a waste of time and a scam. Even if you wanted to be a computer programmer, you don't need to go to college because Google and all these other tech companies are pushing for more people to just take bootcamps or their courses to lower the salaries of programmers industry-wide. Even my own brother (who isn't terribly smart but he is my brother) landed a 80k job after just taking a 3-month coding bootcamp. That is literally all he had to do. There are no rules and the World isn't fair.

School is a waste of time.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: efidescontinuado, Axii and Jeww

Opportunity is everywhere. Most courses that are sold are in over-saturated markets that people don't mind giving away for free. You can make money doing just about anything these days. If you're creative and Intelligencemaxxing, you can form your own path.

Andrew Tate just says what he is told to say (He is a puppet too), so he is wrong about a lot of things - but he isn't wrong about school being a waste of time and a scam. Even if you wanted to be a computer programmer, you don't need to go to college because Google and all these other tech companies are pushing for more people to just take bootcamps or their courses to lower the salaries of programmers industry-wide. Even my own brother (who isn't terribly smart but he is my brother) landed a 80k job after just taking a 3-month coding bootcamp. That is literally all he had to do. There are no rules and the World isn't fair.

School is a backup plan at the very least. Few will succed in skipping school and finding another solution, and the ones who fail will be left with nothing. Becoming rich through crypto and similar things is very unlikely. Or programming in your case. To be a highly paid programmer you need to have some serious skills.

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff, Deleted member 65984 and efidescontinuado
Absolute nonsense. Jeff bezos makes your yearly salary in under a minute

School is a backup plan at the very least. Few will succed in skipping school and finding another solution, and the ones who fail will be left with nothing. Becoming rich through crypto and similar things is very unlikely. Or programming in your case. To be a highly paid programmer you need to have some serious skills.
4 years is a big commitment. It just doesn't seem that way, because a lot of you are still very young and haven't had many life experiences with different jobs/school.

You can spend 4 years at a college, making a big commitment of your time and taking on debt. (Losing time and money the whole time you are there).

Or you can spend 4 years getting literally any job (Time + Effort pretty much guarantees you a promotion eventually) while working part-time at a coding bootcamp for 3 months. (This whole time you are making money from this job while still gaining certificates and qualifications on your Resume.) Once you have graduated from that bootcamp, you can pretty much get a programming job as long as you're putting in effort and aren't dumb eventually (shouldn't take you more than a year to get a programming job). So now you have 0 debt, money saved up from your regular job, a nice comfy job as a software developer (All of this achieved under one year) and if you worked that job for 3 years you'll probably get a promotion in the corporate World. So 4 years in this path, seems like you're taking way less risk and making way more money after the 4-year period meanwhile the guy I mentioned above has nothing, but a piece of paper with his name on it and thousands of dollars in debt.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 65984, efidescontinuado, Axii and 1 other person
4 years is a big commitment. It just doesn't seem that way, because a lot of you are still very young and haven't had many life experiences with different jobs/school.

You can spend 4 years at a college, making a big commitment of your time and taking on debt. (Losing time and money the whole time you are there).

Or you can spend 4 years getting literally any job (Time + Effort pretty much guarantees you a promotion eventually) while working part-time at a coding bootcamp for 3 months. (This whole time you are making money from this job while still gaining certificates and qualifications on your Resume.) Once you have graduated from that bootcamp, you can pretty much get a programming job as long as you're putting in effort and aren't dumb eventually (shouldn't take you more than a year to get a programming job). So now you have 0 debt, money saved up from your regular job, a nice comfy job as a software developer (All of this achieved under one year) and if you worked that job for 3 years you'll probably get a promotion in the corporate World. So 4 years in this path, seems like you're taking way less risk and making way more money after the 4-year period meanwhile the guy I mentioned above has nothing, but a piece of paper with his name on it and thousands of dollars in debt.
Dude college is free in my country. And the memories you make there are priceless. This way of thought is robotic and boring. You'll burn out by 15 years.

Also, you need to be VERY skilled in programming in order to be hired without any past experience/education. This is easier said than done.

• +1
Reactions: Incidence and n9wiff
I have developed a plan that in theory should allow me to become rich while being employed. I understand being employed is not the best way to become rich, and I also understand that making like 500k does not make you rich. I'm being broad when I use the term "rich" in this thread. Feel free to let me know your thoughts of my plan.

My plan to get rich.

Step 0:
For the first step, I'll choose a career where you can make over 100k within your first 5 years of working. I decided that I would like to be a computer programmer. Now, I've done some research on this. From what I found software engineering is saturated at the entry-level. But once you climb the ladder a bit and you reach a point to where your getting offered mid-level positions, your "set" and you won't have to worry about not getting a job. I decided that I'll get a bachelors degree in Computer Science, and I'll get a minor in mathematics. Programming is built on math, and this is especially important because programmers need to have the ability to understand algorithms. In my opinion, the key to getting rich when your employed is being invaluable to employers. You need to be irreplaceable, and you need leverage over your employer. There are lots of people who have a computer science degree, and there are also a lot of people who get an additional math minor alongside this degree. However, being in that group of "CS people who are proficient in math" is already a great start.

Let's look at some of the data about Software Developers/Computer Programmer/Software Engineers.
View attachment 2814646View attachment 2814656
View attachment 2814662

So it seems that the data suggests that starting off, programmers on average can expect to make around 85k a year. In general it seems that the range is between 60k-100k for an entry-level programmer. Not bad at all. For all computer science occupations, we can broadly say that programmers make around 110k a year. There are certainly exceptions to this data, but generally speaking this is what seems to be accurate.

Step 1: So now I know what career I want to pursue. Now it's time to put together an action plan that will allow me to gain all the valuable skills that I would need to succeed as a programmer. So I settled on going the college route. I got offered admission into a state school for computer science and they state that if I complete 24 credits at a community college, I would receive admission into the school. So first I signed up for 13 credits in the summer. After those credits have been completed, I will take another 13 credits in the fall. After the fall session has ended, than I should be able to transfer to the state school.

Step 2: As this point, I have completed 24-26 credits at a CC and I have transferred them into the state school of which I am now a student of. My main goal here is to get my bachelors in Computer Science and a minor in Mathematics. I'll join 2-3 clubs that are all related to programming. In addition, I will also design 3-5 high quality CS projects. During the summers of college, I will bang out some credits, learn coding languages, and I'll attempt to get an internship.

Step 3: The prerequisite for this step is to have graduated college. Now that I have skills that prove I am a proficient programmer, I can start working at a company. I'm going to try and make at least 60k a year, which is very reasonable. Within the first 5 years, thanks to job hopping or general career progression, I should be able to make at least 100k a year.

Step 4: Now I'm making over 100k a year, and I'm still kinda young at this point. I'll use my previous and current work experience as well as my skillset to generate a higher income for myself. Within ten years of this step, I may be able to make the same salary as a surgeon.

I've heard of a college called WGU which is competent based. Which means you'll be able to finish college much sooner and WGU is online. Usually taken by already experienced people in the field who just need a degree and is pretty cheap and employers don't really care. However, I heard you could take courses on study.com and sophia.com that you need in order to get a Software engineer degree/Computer Sci Degree and basically then transfer that credit into WGU before enrolling so you will not have to pay for extra terms and save even more money however study.com and sophia.com do cost some money but would be less if you take the courses on WGU. So now you've taken the study.com and sophia.com courses you transfer it into WGU(can only transfer 75% of the degree btw). But now *then* you should also study for the WGU courses that you have left before enrolling into WGU. **then** you can finally enroll into WGU where you would have to only complete 25%~ classes which you have studied before enrolling and can complete it really fast which would only result in you being in WGU for 1-2 terms and graduating faster and cheaper. However, there is some cons and pros that I could go into if you'd like. But check out r/WGU or research it some before you enroll into that community college for sure this might interest you so I wanted to share

You'll be able to finish the bullshit classes that they make you take pretty fast using this method.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 65984
Don't waste your time with a math minor, grind leetcode instead and you can make a lot of money and very fast if you make it into FAANG

Everything else in your plan is good ... if you actually execute on your plan then you'll have no issue getting a job after graduating

Too many people think a degree alone grants them a job but really most are underqualified
Thanks for the response bro. I also appreciate you taking this seriously unlike these other retards who think their comedians.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: User28823
Dude college is free in my country. And the memories you make there are priceless. This way of thought is robotic and boring. You'll burn out by 15 years.

Also, you need to be VERY skilled in programming in order to be hired without any past experience/education. This is easier said than done.
College isn’t free where I’m from. However I get your point. Only very skilled programmers can make it in the field without any education.

I've heard of a college called WGU which is competent based. Which means you'll be able to finish college much sooner and WGU is online. Usually taken by already experienced people in the field who just need a degree and is pretty cheap and employers don't really care. However, I heard you could take courses on study.com and sophia.com that you need in order to get a Software engineer degree/Computer Sci Degree and basically then transfer that credit into WGU before enrolling so you will not have to pay for extra terms and save even more money however study.com and sophia.com do cost some money but would be less if you take the courses on WGU. So now you've taken the study.com and sophia.com courses you transfer it into WGU(can only transfer 75% of the degree btw). But now *then* you should also study for the WGU courses that you have left before enrolling into WGU. **then** you can finally enroll into WGU where you would have to only complete 25%~ classes which you have studied before enrolling and can complete it really fast which would only result in you being in WGU for 1-2 terms and graduating faster and cheaper. However, there is some cons and pros that I could go into if you'd like. But check out r/WGU or research it some before you enroll into that community college for sure this might interest you so I wanted to share

You'll be able to finish the bullshit classes that they make you take pretty fast using this method.
Interesting. I’ll look into it.

Dude no offense but you sound retarded. Please specify what you mean.

A degree is more marketable than a boot camp certificate. Also SWE is saturated at the entry-level, so getting a job after completing a boot camp sounds difficult.