Anyone have success with using L-Theanine?

S

Square Jaw

Lurker
I've read that it's good to curb anxiety and puts you in a good mood with some caffeine. Could probably help one become more low Inhib

• +1
Reactions: Lux and Deleted member 6401
In theory it should be imo it doesn't hold up. It's an AMPA receptor antagonist and NMDA receptor agonist but the effects of it are too weak for it to be considered a good glutamate derivative.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: chosen-one, dannydipss, BrahminBoss and 5 others
In theory it should be imo it doesn't hold up. It's an AMPA receptor antagonist and NMDA receptor agonist but the effects of it are too weak for it to be considered a good glutamate derivative.
What would be a better alternative then?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
i think google says its an NMDA antagonist

It’s anxiolytic effect is very negligible regardless of its MoA.
It is more for synergy than a stand alone drug

• +1
Reactions: Lux
It is more for synergy than a stand alone drug
Ok??? So cope with spamming Caffeine + L-Theanine then while I’m using a real GABAergic agent like Lyrica with coffee instead and feeling like a social god for several hours everyday.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: CalulArgintiu59 and FutureSlayer
Ok??? So cope with spamming Caffeine + L-Theanine then while I’m using a real GABAergic agent like Lyrica with coffee instead and feeling like a social god for several hours everyday.
Lyrica is crap Jfl nice placebo

is NMDA antagonism a meme i cant see a good way to do without being on ketamine 24/7, realistically i think my constantly high glutamate might be fcking up my LTP. i think sensitive NMDA is how you get childlike neuroplasticity more so than even just BDNF

@Cope do you have a take on this?

is NMDA antagonism a meme i cant see a good way to do without being on ketamine 24/7, realistically i think my constantly high glutamate might be fcking up my LTP. i think sensitive NMDA is how you get childlike neuroplasticity more so than even just BDNF
K is truly the only effective NMDA Antagonist I’ve used, even Memantine is copium. What do you mean by sensitive NMDA? You mean by upregulating it? Cuz blocking it prevents neuroplasticity.

K is truly the only effective NMDA Antagonist I’ve used, even Memantine is copium. What do you mean by sensitive NMDA? You mean by upregulating it? Cuz blocking it prevents neuroplasticity.
girl in avi now nigga

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20370
High dose mag l threonate with agmatine?

having just high baseline glutamate is known to downregulate the NMDA receptors, having high glutamate activity chronically happens to most people especially if anxious or have epilepsy or another chronic condition from the brain being overstimulated, etc, long term if NMDA receptors downregulate it's going to decrease the quality of long term potentiation which is the basis for all learning, memory, behavior change, etc.
obviously, NMDA blocking all the time is bad but I was wondering if there was a way to correct high baseline glutamate activity or sensitize NMDA receptors some other way. but at the same time is it even something worth doing, i know I probably have had high glutamate activity for a while due in part to movement disorder which spikes glutamate during episodes plus an overall anxious upbringing, but am not sure if it sensitising NMDA would yield any noticeable benefit.

High dose mag l threonate with agmatine?
I mean I highly doubt megadosing those supps would come close to the euphoria of 30mg of K and the afterglow antidepressant effect it gives you. But the best way to downregulate glutamate wouldn’t be thru NMDA antagonism imo which I will expand upon further in my next reply.

Btw what’s up man? Been a minute since we talked. Glad ur still posting here.

having just high baseline glutamate is known to downregulate the NMDA receptors, having high glutamate activity chronically happens to most people especially if anxious or have epilepsy or another chronic condition from the brain being overstimulated, etc, long term if NMDA receptors downregulate it's going to decrease the quality of long term potentiation which is the basis for all learning, memory, behavior change, etc.
obviously, NMDA blocking all the time is bad but I was wondering if there was a way to correct high baseline glutamate activity or sensitize NMDA receptors some other way. but at the same time is it even something worth doing, i know I probably have had high glutamate activity for a while due in part to movement disorder which spikes glutamate during episodes plus an overall anxious upbringing, but am not sure if it sensitising NMDA would yield any noticeable benefit.
It’s a tricky subject and I don't fully understand it quite yet. But when someone uses a GABA agonist they are indirectly upregulating glutamate. NMDA Antagonism obviously seems like the right option then, but I think that upregulating GABA itself should be what you’re trying to achieve. This can theoretically be done with a GABA reuptake inhibitor or transaminase inhibitor. The only effective ones on paper are Tiagabine or Viagabatrin. Also I still don’t know what you mean by sensitizing NMDA exactly. NMDA Antagonists wouldn’t help with anxiety although they can stop glutamatergic excitotoxicity (at least in Ketamine’s case). Your best option would be to upregulate GABA.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HighTierNormie
I mean I highly doubt megadosing those supps would come close to the euphoria of 30mg of K and the afterglow antidepressant effect it gives you. But the best way to downregulate glutamate wouldn’t be thru NMDA antagonism imo which I will expand upon further in my next reply.

Btw what’s up man? Been a minute since we talked. Glad ur still posting here.

It’s a tricky subject and I don't fully understand it quite yet. But when someone uses a GABA agonist they are indirectly upregulating glutamate. NMDA Antagonism obviously seems like the right option then, but I think that upregulating GABA itself should be what you’re trying to achieve. This can theoretically be done with a GABA reuptake inhibitor or transaminase inhibitor. The only effective ones on paper are Tiagabine or Viagabatrin. Also I still don’t know what you mean by sensitizing NMDA exactly. NMDA Antagonists wouldn’t help with anxiety although they can stop glutamatergic excitotoxicity (at least in Ketamine’s case). Your best option would be to upregulate GABA.
That is very interesting I didn't think GABA would have positive feedback with glutamate sensitivity I had the impression they were kinda of separate systems, so would GABA reuptake inhibitors be like a benzo without tolerance buildup? that sounds too good to be true why wouldn't more people use that for anxiety over SSRIs?
as for me, tbh im just Bing chilling, focused on trying to graduate from my comp sci degree with a first if possible, ngl seemed impossible at first but drug stacks honestly are a godsend, if more people looked into pharmacology we would all be at ubermensch by now. If anyone is wondering it is Vyvanse, donepezil, ginkgo biloba, UMP, piracetam, nicotine gum, alpha GPC, CDP choline, caffeine, and theanine occasionally and supplements like fish oil, vitamin D, l tyrosine, taurine, etc that I take every day or as needed, I also do a reset every 2 months where I drop all the dopaminergic stims and run cerebro with 9-me-bc, HDAC inhibitors, and bromantane for at least 10 days or more to try and repair my neurons or facilitate some behavior change. I also do some other stuff which is more just on occasion or emergencies like propranolol/phenibut for anxiety, melatonin/Seroquel for sleep, etc. but that's basically the only notable stuff rn for my cognition stack tbh most of it is all pretty healthy apart from maybe vyvanse and not restrictive in any way either.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Fiqh and Cope
ngl there was a time when I would go on this server to find actual looksmaxing knowledge like 3 years ago but now most of the OG PSL users have either moved on or passed on, I'm guessing most people on here now are under 14 years old and from TikTok or something.
basically, everything surrounding looksmaxing has become either cringe or redundant to a great extent, I wish I could go back to when sites like lookism were in their prime and people were posting actual high IQ quality threads with some of the best roastings I have ever seen in the off topics.

A handful of remaining high IQ users like @Cope and maybe a dozen saved threads are why I'm still posting.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Cope
ngl hope there's a new wave of schizo pharma users more interested in money/productivity than women so I can finally replace looksmaxing. but I don't think I've found that community yet, the only people who ever go out of their way to optimise their lifestyle with pharmaceuticals are usually all from the bodybuilding communities from what I've seen

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
That is very interesting I didn't think GABA would have positive feedback with glutamate sensitivity I had the impression they were kinda of separate systems, so would GABA reuptake inhibitors be like a benzo without tolerance buildup? that sounds too good to be true why wouldn't more people use that for anxiety over SSRIs?
as for me, tbh im just Bing chilling, focused on trying to graduate from my comp sci degree with a first if possible, ngl seemed impossible at first but drug stacks honestly are a godsend, if more people looked into pharmacology we would all be at ubermensch by now. If anyone is wondering it is Vyvanse, donepezil, ginkgo biloba, UMP, piracetam, nicotine gum, alpha GPC, CDP choline, caffeine, and theanine occasionally and supplements like fish oil, vitamin D, l tyrosine, taurine, etc that I take every day or as needed, I also do a reset every 2 months where I drop all the dopaminergic stims and run cerebro with 9-me-bc, HDAC inhibitors, and bromantane for at least 10 days or more to try and repair my neurons or facilitate some behavior change. I also do some other stuff which is more just on occasion or emergencies like propranolol/phenibut for anxiety, melatonin/Seroquel for sleep, etc. but that's basically the only notable stuff rn for my cognition stack tbh most of it is all pretty healthy apart from maybe vyvanse and not restrictive in any way either.
Well ye, glutamate and GABA are integrally related and have a homeostatic relationship in that glutamate is the main excitatory neurotransmitter, GABA is the main inhibitory one. You would think that a GABA reuptake inhibitor would do that, but IME there is no anxiolytic benefit which is why I will be trialing Tiagabine this evening to see if it potentiates Ativan (I’m prescribed both). Tiagabine actually makes it very difficult to sleep and causes paradoxical anxiety.

ngl there was a time when I would go on this server to find actual looksmaxing knowledge like 3 years ago but now most of the OG PSL users have either moved on or passed on, I'm guessing most people on here now are under 14 years old and from TikTok or something.
basically, everything surrounding looksmaxing has become either cringe or redundant to a great extent, I wish I could go back to when sites like lookism were in their prime and people were posting actual high IQ quality threads with some of the best roastings I have ever seen in the off topics.

A handful of remaining high IQ users like @Cope and maybe a dozen saved threads are why I'm still posting.
I’m surprised how much it blew up on TikTok, looksmaxxing is now mainstream. Hell my nephew was singing the Ecstasy song and showing me Barrett TikToks but has no idea what looksmaxxing really is. Me, @Seth Walsh, and a few others are all that’s left I’m pretty sure. Idk I hardly browse this site anymore, this was my first time logging back in like several months. I’m like super busy work wise too, and I’m trying to start a business that could make millions.

I just wish I could get Nardil working like was when I first started it cuz that’s when all my neurotransmitters were completely insync and I was extremely lowinhib, had high energy, and no fear. Hoping to achieve that again soon.

• Love it
Well ye, glutamate and GABA are integrally related and have a homeostatic relationship in that glutamate is the main excitatory neurotransmitter, GABA is the main inhibitory one. You would think that a GABA reuptake inhibitor would do that, but IME there is no anxiolytic benefit which is why I will be trialing Tiagabine this evening to see if it potentiates Ativan (I’m prescribed both). Tiagabine actually makes it very difficult to sleep and causes paradoxical anxiety.
so is GABA anxiolytic partly from blocking glutamate or is it likely its main method of action, and would traditional anti-convulsants like Tegretol have the anxiolytic benefit mainly from blocking glutamate?

actually, if remember correctly you had a good experience with Lyrica are you in any way worried about the potential for cognitive decline with long-term use, from what I understand most anti-convulsants block repetitive neuron firing which is great since that's basically what a seizure is, but for LTP to take place to move you would need to have neurons firing together at a frequency that would most likely be affected by an anticonvulsant, I think that's why kids with epilepsy get an IQ drop after long term use of anticonvulsants.
honestly its not necessarily worse than most other medications or lifestyle choices but Im pretty OCD about not slowing my brain down

Decent for reducing caffeine jitters but I kind of like them anyways for productivity. If you want to reduce anxiety you're better off not taking caffeine at all.

so is GABA anxiolytic partly from blocking glutamate or is it likely its main method of action, and would traditional anti-convulsants like Tegretol have the anxiolytic benefit mainly from blocking glutamate?
GABA is anxiolytic if something is used to enhance the effects of the neurotransmitter. I don't find Tegretol to have any anxiolytic benefit, it's mostly just used to settle the glutamatergic storm from benzo or alcohol abuse.

actually, if remember correctly you had a good experience with Lyrica are you in any way worried about the potential for cognitive decline with long-term use, from what I understand most anti-convulsants block repetitive neuron firing which is great since that's basically what a seizure is, but for LTP to take place to move you would need to have neurons firing together at a frequency that would most likely be affected by an anticonvulsant, I think that's why kids with epilepsy get an IQ drop after long term use of anticonvulsants.
honestly its not necessarily worse than most other medications or lifestyle choices but Im pretty OCD about not slowing my brain down
Ye I do use it daily but eventually I'll probably drop it or just take it at certain times. At some point I will just probably get off everything and just take Tiagabine occasionally to upregulate GABA and cope with Vorinostat.

• Love it
ngl hope there's a new wave of schizo pharma users more interested in money/productivity than women so I can finally replace looksmaxing. but I don't think I've found that community yet, the only people who ever go out of their way to optimise their lifestyle with pharmaceuticals are usually all from the bodybuilding communities from what I've seen
lmk if you do 🤙

• +1
Out of all weak cope supplements only taurine had and still have effect on my anxiety. 3g every day.
Taurine 3g/glycine 10g/micro dosing shrooms every 3rd day is basically my current stack in order to be 'normie'. Baclofen 75-100mg (10x stronger version of phenibut) on special nights out.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and HighTierNormie
Out of all weak cope supplements only taurine had and still have effect on my anxiety. 3g every day.
Taurine 3g/glycine 10g/micro dosing shrooms every 3rd day is basically my current stack in order to be 'normie'. Baclofen 75-100mg (10x stronger version of phenibut) on special nights out.
do you get any sides from the shrooms from what I understand they basically do what an SSRI is supposed to do by interacting with the 5-HT2A receptor to get the mood benefits but are there any serotonergic sides you would get with all the serotonin-related medications

• +1
Reactions: Anasurimbor
Decent for reducing caffeine jitters but I kind of like them anyways for productivity. If you want to reduce anxiety you're better off not taking caffeine at all.
I kind of like the caffeine buzz, literally gives me more jitters than amphetamines with less benefit but literally grew up on the stuff and way too prevalent in society, I would never go out to buy caffeine pills but energy drinks are hard to give up

do you get any sides from the shrooms from what I understand they basically do what an SSRI is supposed to do by interacting with the 5-HT2A receptor to get the mood benefits but are there any serotonergic sides you would get with all the serotonin-related medications
Yh you are right. Iv tested 10-12 ssris and shrooms in terms of strength are like moderate ssri. 0 sides - that's their biggest advantage. Ssris usually reduce libido by 80%, some can numb your whole spectre of emotions including joy and make you sleepy.

• Love it
I kind of like the caffeine buzz, literally gives me more jitters than amphetamines with less benefit but literally grew up on the stuff and way too prevalent in society, I would never go out to buy caffeine pills but energy drinks are hard to give up
I’ve been cutting my caffeine use down, but I still love getting the hypomanic effect from drinking expresso with 200mg of Lyrica on an empty stomach. It’s both anxiolytic and makes me energetic.

• +1
Yh you are right. Iv tested 10-12 ssris and shrooms in terms of strength are like moderate ssri. 0 sides - that's their biggest advantage. Ssris usually reduce libido by 80%, some can numb your whole spectre of emotions including joy and make you sleepy.
do you have any guides for microdosing shrooms?

do you have any guides for microdosing shrooms?
there is no need. Just use 0.15-0.25g every third day. I prefer to consume them with orange juice which makes effect slightly stronger. Obviously you can take i think up to 1g, incase you go out into club or something but just for daily life and working purposes 0.20 is a sweet spot for many people.

Last edited:
there is no need. Just use 0.15-0.25g every third day. I prefer to consume them with orange juice which makes effect slightly stronger. Obviously you can take i think up to 1g, incase you go out into club or something but just for daily life and working purposes 0.20 is a sweet spot for many people.
Have you tried 4 aco dmt